What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milne gone to Tigers

mobels

Juniors
If we move Milne on we will save $200,000 -$300,000 pro rata. I do not know why Wests would want him given that they have Idris and Naiqama and two good wingers in Nofaluma and ?.
I consider Dodd and Herbert better players than Milne.
Where on earth is everyone getting the idea that Milne was ever on anything more than the base salary of $85,000? In fact i'm almost certain he was on match payments at one point last year. He was kicked out of the Roosters for bad behaviour and we through him a lifeline in November 2015 when pre season for every club started already.

It sucks that we've lost Milne however he's good enough for first grade and it's wrong for us to be holding him back in reserve grade. He'll do great at the Tigers and will be playing first grade every week. I wish he got more of a look in this year, however the club seems happy with Aitken and Lafai and aren't interested in anyone else.

possm

Coach
In my opinion Milne was our best centre last year. He has been on the outer this year and so it is no surprise he has gone to the Tigers. Aitken and Lafai are the anointed ones. Hopefully Aitken can improve on his defensive reads soon because teams like the Roosters and Storm will find him out over and over again if he doesn't.

kit66

Bench
Sucks if true, I'm a big fan of Milne but I'd be more upset if we let Mann go, fine young player with terrific utility value. All this signing speculation though seems really disruptive to me especially this early in a season when some teams haven't even settled their best 17 yet - Milne for example should be a little more patient and could end up consistently playing firsts and even finals footy with us if all goes well, he's already on the bench.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Hearing we are clearing decks to re sign Dugan, Widdop and Packer as the club sees them obviously as the future.

From what I have read Packer done deal and Widdop close

Milne gone for more game time understandably

Thanks for info
Have you heard anything re duges.
I heard they have increased offer.
Have you heard anything

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Sucks if true, I'm a big fan of Milne but I'd be more upset if we let Mann go, fine young player with terrific utility value. All this signing speculation though seems really disruptive to me especially this early in a season when some teams haven't even settled their best 17 yet - Milne for example should be a little more patient and could end up consistently playing firsts and even finals footy with us if all goes well, he's already on the bench.

Agree with you 100%, Kit!
It only takes one injury and a player's ranking can rapidly change. Actually I think the NRL have a serious problem here. The focus at this stage of the season should be the early form of teams pre-SOO not speculation over who will play where next year. Even worse is the trend towards players changing clubs mid-season. I know we got the benefit of Sims last year but the apparent attitude of a player like Moses that he has a right to move on immediately to his next year's club once he has signed undermines the value of contracts and produces instability that fans hate.

Old Timer

Coach
you cant be serious! Lafai is in the top 3 centres on form in the NRL now just as Widdop is the form player of the NRL as stated by the leading media pundits...you have to accept the facts my friend..
OK mickey hit us with your top 5 centres and any other position for that matter.
Stand by Houston we have a problem.

Latest posts