What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein

So did he say that or your assuming he is just thinking it.

Just because the media reports something doesn't make it even remotely true.

So did he say that or your assuming he is just thinking it.

Just because the media reports something doesn't make it even remotely true.

Haven't spoken to the bloke so cannot say he told me he is in the mix for SOO.

Last year media speculation was reasonably strong.

Some players read the papers and watch too much television.

Am a bit old fashioned

Don't like his haircut. See it as a sign of ego.

Well everyone should have short back and sides.

Hey why don't you go tell JDB he also has an ego or any other player that has a hair cut you disaprove of.

Rex Terp

First Grade
It cut me seeing Damien Cook carve up after we let him go to the Bulldogs for no reason. While we toil away with harbour bridge passes and slow motion.

If King does anything this year then I'll need counselling.

Funny enough Cook wasn't even playing dummy half he was playing fullback for the Cutters.

He got offered a second tier contract but the Bulldogs offered better and he took it and had to wait over a year to even get a look in.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Lets not make the same mistake with Sam Coster . Show the kid that if he is good enough there is a spot for him ...Same deal with Blake Wallace . We have a genuine 9 and 7 with those two so maybe we should look within .

GC Dragon

Juniors
I am told we have some room left in the cap . How much do you think they would be ? . Be very interesting for them both to come up with the big boys and get the same advantages of being full time pro's

One thing is for sure out of the two trials so far ..The team has looked at its best attacking wise when those two was on the field together

Turk

Juniors
Dont know if you guys watched the press conference after the charity shield but i had a nice laugh when Mary said "Rein wants to be a 80 minute player, but he needs to show me he is capable of doing that and he hasnt done much of that in the last 12 months."

GC Dragon

Juniors
Interesting ..His service from dummy half is awful when he is fresh ....God knows where the props will be catching the ball when he is stuffed

grouch

First Grade
Funny enough Cook wasn't even playing dummy half he was playing fullback for the Cutters.

He got offered a second tier contract but the Bulldogs offered better and he took it and had to wait over a year to even get a look in.

He may have played some fullback in reserve grade (which simply highlights his talent, speed and versatility) but he made his FG debut with us as a hooker.

Meanwhile we've persisted with a hooker who's played over 100 NRL games yet still can't master the basics of the position.

goggles

Juniors
He may have played some fullback in reserve grade (which simply highlights his talent, speed and versatility) but he made his FG debut with us as a hooker.

Meanwhile we've persisted with a hooker who's played over 100 NRL games yet still can't master the basics of the position.

This ^ :crazy:

The Nick

Bench
I missed the game, but what I'm gathering from these threads is that Rein's service from dummy half is still shit?

V

Vasilevsky

I missed the game, but what I'm gathering from these threads is that Rein's service from dummy half is still shit?

I don't think it was that bad but certainly wasn't 'consistently good' which really should be the minimum requirement for a hooker. At one point it looked as though JDB gave him stern talking to after Rein passed a ball between JDB and Packer resulting in a JDB knock-on (wasn't his fault. He didn't know if the pass was for him or Packer).