What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

hardbaby

Coach
C'mon Dousty. Get him. He could turn our season around. The Dragons are playing good footy. They bust their arses off. But they are definitely one play maker short. We need to be more dangerous in attack. Rangi is the solution and we might get him this year.

chemics

Juniors
C'mon Dousty. Get him. He could turn our season around. The Dragons are playing good footy. They bust their arses off. But they are definitely one play maker short. We need to be more dangerous in attack. Rangi is the solution and we might get him this year.
Rangi is the solution and we might get him this year.[/QUOTE]

THIS year I was thinking maybe within the next 4 weeks!!!!

Saintsified

Bench
Rangi signed with us on Friday , he is on his way...not sure as to why no announcement yet, but a friend of mines is best mates with Rangis cousin thats how i know it's a done deal.

Bang

Juniors
Rangi signed with us on Friday , he is on his way...not sure as to why no announcement yet, but a friend of mines is best mates with Rangis cousin thats how i know it's a done deal.

This is great news! He will make a huge difference to our attack.

saint.nick

Coach
if we just have a fien/soward combo for the rest of the year, we'll be good against weaker teams, but struggle against the top 4 teams, where fien will be shown to be the weak link. We need soward for his outstanding kicking game, and he's starting to show a few more glimpses of taking the line on. he won us the game today, but almost lost it as well with his bad goal kicking. if we add rangi in, and dugan, it will add a hell of a lot more spark to our attack.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Add Josh Dugan and Rangi and we will be genuine contenders.

Agree with this statement 100 % !
We were scoring 2 tries a game until a few weeks ago, we are now scoring 3 tries a game and if we get Rangi and Dugan, we should be scoring an extra try a game.
Things are looking up !

dragon-83

Juniors
We were scoring 2 tries a game until a few weeks ago, we are now scoring 3 tries a game and if we get Rangi and Dugan, we should be scoring an extra try a game.
Things are looking up !

To be honest id be happy to just have Ragi Chase.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Things are looking up !

Doesn't work like that. Every game is different.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Pfft. Seems quite ill disciplined to me.
That was also the perception when he played for us 5 years ago.

He has got a rap sheet:

1. Castleford have dropped him twice since 2010 on disciplinary grounds.
2. He broke a player's jaw with a high tackle last year - suspended three weeks. Youtube footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCZHmfa4FbE
3. Suspended again just this year for a 'reckless' tackle that knocked a player out - two matches.
4. News reports on 'booze related' incidents.
5. Then there's the court case in 2011 where he was found guilty of punching a bloke in a Gold Coast pub in 2008. Link: http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/08/10/339941_crime-and-court-news.html

So maybe 'ill-disciplined' is understating it a little. lol

But he has played for England. And a few ESL clubs are chasing his signature.

Apparently Castleford won't release him to another ESL side, that suggests that they don't want him coming back to bite them.

Obviously a gifted player, but it goes without saying he'll need some reeling in.

MattYg1

Bench
I like it if true...

Chase's game reminds me of Foran but with footwork... he isnt afraid to take on the line and put his body as risk but has evasive skills to put the defence in two minds...

Perfect foil to Soward...

MattYg1

Bench
That was also the perception when he played for us 5 years ago.

He has got a rap sheet:

1. Castleford have dropped him twice since 2010 on disciplinary grounds.
2. He broke a player's jaw with a high tackle last year - suspended three weeks. Youtube footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCZHmfa4FbE
3. Suspended again just this year for a 'reckless' tackle that knocked a player out - two matches.
4. News reports on 'booze related' incidents.
5. Then there's the court case in 2011 where he was found guilty of punching a bloke in a Gold Coast pub in 2008. Link: http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/08/10/339941_crime-and-court-news.html

So maybe 'ill-disciplined' is understating it a little. lol

But he has played for England. And a few ESL clubs are chasing his signature.

Apparently Castleford won't release him to another ESL side, that suggests that they don't want him coming back to bite them.

Obviously a gifted player, but it goes without saying he'll need some reeling in.

Maybe we are operating under the assumption that Dugan and Rangi will cancel eachother out off field...

Minh

First Grade
Agree Sowie and Rangi equals perfection well almost.

Kicking, passing, running all covered with these two different style players. Much better signing than Carney and should cost less too.

st.phil

Bench
I'd love to see him back...in our current team he'll cut the crap...the culture is good. 10 day gap before Anzac day - perfect time to land two signings...

Godz Illa

Coach
I dont see the Foran comparison at all MattyG, apart from them both being Kiwis.

Strikes me as more of a Thomas Leuluai potentially. Don't get too excited guys, he's not the answer to our prayers. It's a very different game over here. We're low on options in the halves so he'll be handy. That's the most I expect atm.

Latest posts