What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most over rated wrestlers of all time

dogslife

Coach
Shelton Benjamin, Regal, Owen Hart (better than Bret IMO) and especially Malenko are terribly underrated

Eelementary

Post Whore
read this on rajah.com -http://rajah.com/base/node/21785
They ranked and basically shat on HHH for only having 4 moves and destroying younger wrestlers with his style. Cant understand why Sabu is on there with the crazy stufff he did through the 90s around the world. dont think ive ever seen a matched where i idnt think hed broken his neck at least twice. JJ was great (slapnuts), dean malenko was just about the best straight face wrestler in the world, nobodys played the english snob better than regal (i miss the blue bloods), Scott Hall has been a great number 2 man and a founder of the NWO, Owen 'the nugget' Hart was great and how can anyone rag on Christian? Im tempted to put Lex Luger as number 1 but the time he racked the giant throws that out the window.. Not sure how greg the hammer valentine won an intercontinental championship:eek:

25. Diesel
24. Arn Anderson
23. Alberto Del Rio
22. Jerry Lynn
21. Shelton Benjamin
20. Verne Gagne

19. Jeff Jarrett
18. Sabu
17. Finlay
16. Christopher Daniels

15. Mr. Anderson
14. William Regal
13. Indy Geeks (Mike Quackenbush pictured)
12. Randy Orton
11. Gorgeous George
10. Scott Hall
9. Dean Malenko
8. Owen Hart
7. Christian
6. Curt Hennig

5. Miss Elizabeth
4. Jerry "The King" Lawler
3. Giant Baba
2. Hulk Hogan
1. Triple H

I have a big, "WTF?" reserved for the highlighted wrestlers.

Agent Mulder

Bench
How is Ahmed Johnson not on that list as well??

Mr Perfect?? YOU have got to kidding me...I guess they didnt see his matches with Bret Hart in WWE and WCW?? Hart even said himself that Mr Perfect was a great techian in the ring.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Only Diesel and Jarrett would make that list for me, and even then Kevin Nash would be a maybe/maybe not.

Trust me man, Nash is very overated.

He pretty much sank WCW by putting himself over in front of the likes of Bret Hart, Goldberg, Malenko, Benoit, Guerrero, Saturn, Rey Mysetrio and others.

All of which are far better wrestlers then him.

How was Nash overrated? He was one of the key ingredients in kickstarting the BIGGEST boom in wrestling, ever. Sure he wasn't Bret Hart or Ric Flair...but he was a drawcard and entertaining as hell in his hayday.

Why is Hogan on that list?

He was only liminted by the powers that be in turns of his inring performances. If you go on youtube and watch his matches in Japan during the 80s, he was VERY capable of working a decent match.

Even so, the fact that he could sell out arenas only utilising a handful of moves shows a) how over he was and b) how he could use the psychological aspect of wrestling perfectly. Ring psychology is a forgotten aspect of wrestling which is just as important as athletic prowess.

Special K

Coach
How was Nash overrated? He was one of the key ingredients in kickstarting the BIGGEST boom in wrestling, ever. Sure he wasn't Bret Hart or Ric Flair...but he was a drawcard and entertaining as hell in his hayday.

Why is Hogan on that list?
Yeah... Nashs run as WWF champ was such a success!

:sarcasm:

Jokes aside I think Nash gets shat on for too much but I don't think he was a key ingredient in the WCW boom - just the right place the right time.

Yeah... Nashs run as WWF champ was such a success!

:sarcasm:

Jokes aside I think Nash gets shat on for too much but I don't think he was a key ingredient in the WCW boom - just the right place the right time.

Absolute f**king rubbish, without the charisma of the outsiders the NWO would never have gotten over as huge as it did.

DeansPrizeWinner2010.JPG

Here take this.

Jono1987

Juniors
What was that line The Rock used? Something about fruity pebbles...? Well it was something like that.

Severe lack of fruity pebbles.

Special K

Coach
Absolute f**king rubbish, without the charisma of the outsiders the NWO would never have gotten over as huge as it did.
I liked the NWO and the Outsiders but realistically the NWO could have been formed with any of the top WWF guys at the time if they jumped over. Would the NWO have been any different if Hall and HBK jumped? My point is he is pretty interchangeable in his role(IE big WWE star) of the NWO because that idea was so sh*t hot.

I agree he had good ideas as part of it(He and Hall pushing the more street image is one) but Diesel drew some of the worst business of the 90s.

Once again I say I really like him as Nash or Diesel but a creative genius he is not(see WCW when he got the book) and he is not half the draw he thinks he is(See anything pre 97 - 98, anything post 98). He is however a highly entertaining big man who should imo play a role on WWE tv today.

Plus without Disco Inferno Nitro would have sucked. He is the real reason they were so hot!

disco-inferno.jpg

No one is saying he is a creative genius - there have been very few of them in pro wrestling ever.

liked the NWO and the Outsiders but realistically the NWO could have been formed with any of the top WWF guys at the time if they jumped over. Would the NWO have been any different if Hall and HBK jumped? My point is he is pretty interchangeable in his role(IE big WWE star) of the NWO because that idea was so sh*t hot.

Outside of Michaels, Bret Hart and the Undertaker, Hall and Nash were the biggest names. The way they exited, the way they made their debuts and the strikingly different characters they portrayed played a pviotal part of the wrestling boom of the 90s. Sure Hogan's heel turn was HUGE, but it was the arrival of Hall and nash which allowed Hogan to turn. Afterall, we all know that "third man" was meant to be Bret. They were going to run with the nWo angle without Hogan.

As a booker, he was rubbish, but so many great talents have been. Nash was awesome in 1998, every kid was a Wolfpac fan.

Special K

Coach
Yeah but my point is if you take any one of Hart, Taker, HBK and run that same angle with Hall rather than Nash (Or with Nash rather than Hall) that angle still gets over big because of what it was, an "invasion" hence I do not think he was that big of a "key" ingredient. But hey he did it so maybe he is.

I would argue thouh that Hall was more a key ingredient due to his ideas. The ideas he pushed such as making them less cartoonish, stings new gimmick etc all played massive roles in that boom which gave a lot of guys a free ride.

The three you mentioned being three of the top 10 wrestling stars in history lol. Take any of the other talents the WWE had at the time and say they would have made as big of an impact at that time and you'd struggle to come up with any...maybe Owen (of Bret's back), Dustin runnels maybe...hang on...I smell a diary idea...

Special K

Coach
Yeah I know but it was right place right time for Nash - a big player at WWF off contract. I guess my point is you take any two of their top 6 or so and the angel is still killer. Granted some fit the gimmick better than others but who knows if Bret was down to do that heel style he did in 97 anyway that NWO angle could have been pretty sick still if it was him who jumped.

Who knows how big Diesel could have been if he stayed with the WWF during the stone cold boom or even if we would have had a stone cold boom without the WCW boom? Diesel in DX would have been awesome.

Latest posts