What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most over rated wrestlers of all time

gUt

Coach
Forgive my ignorance as I don't follow this "sport". But how can any of these actors be "overrated" or "underrated" when the whole thing is scripted?

Much the same way as you can rate film stars on their ability on screen. It's not a tough one to get your head around champ, though considering the question, perhaps you find it difficult to comprehend certain simple subject matter.

That is all. f**k off and die.

Big Pete

Referee
It's just like acting, it's whoever can put on the most believable performance in the ring and the quality of the body of their work.

Underated wrestlers are underappreciated talents who have been buried under the wrestling hype machine or never got the push they deserved.

Overated were either given way too much screen time or they're regarded too highly by the IWC.

Edit: Geez MM a little touchey?

Last edited:
Oh, just a tad. Could have asked him why Brisbane continue to call themselves six time premiers when the comp they won in 97 consisted of 10 teams, 4 of which would struggle to be competitive in our local Auckland comp, but as a Broncos fan myself, I thought better of it :p

Big Pete

Referee
Marlins, do you really want to open that can of worms? :p

I thought it was a legitimate question and he wasn't really having a go at anyone.

mackdadday

Juniors
was a big raven fan from ecw and the flock days of wcw..thought his mic work was second to none..unfortunately his glangular issues played hell with him through the later years. lovet he guy!

gUt

Coach
Much the same way as you can rate film stars on their ability on screen. It's not a tough one to get your head around champ, though considering the question, perhaps you find it difficult to comprehend certain simple subject matter.

That is all. f**k off and die.

OK so you're rating their acting ability and not their sporting prowess. That's ok then.

You big girl.

Nope, its also their ability to sell moves, ability to convey ring psychology, to tell a story in the ring. Their innovation both in the ring and outside, how much charisma they have in promos, interviews etc. It's their ability to both conform to the traditions of wrestling whilst at the same time being creative and different. The ability to captivate old audiences and new, to expand peoples horizons and think beyond the rediculous real/fake debate you brought up. Wrestling, when done right, is the most entertaining thing on earth...when done wrong, it is the complete opposite. Most people don't have the itnellegence or perseverence to challenge themselves to seek beyond what is force fed down their throats by the mediums they have at their initial disposal, thus the WWE-fanboy and anti-wrestling sheep, who are very similar to Rugby Union fans, in my opinion.

Their athletic ability is but a feather in a wrestling sueprstar's hat.

The f**k off and die call was thrown in there for effect, I don't actually want you to f**k off and die. My badsies.

was a big raven fan from ecw and the flock days of wcw..thought his mic work was second to none..unfortunately his glangular issues played hell with him through the later years. lovet he guy!

Check his fued with CM Punk from the early Ring of Honor. You'll dig it.

In no real order

Triple H
Jeff Jarrett
Kurt Angle
John Morrison
Booker T
Edge
Samoa Joe
Rob Van Dam
Raven
Chris Daniels
Randy Orton

What list is this, overrated or a favourite list? No way Kurt Angle could be overrated he's about the best I've ever seen in the WWE

Why do people keep coming back to TNA lol it's like saying Cliff Lyons wasn't that great based on his northern beaches park footy career 10 years after he retired from the NRL.

I saw an interview with Angle about why he left the WWE and he basically went to TNA because if he didn't feel like going in one day he didn't have to and he would still get paid but in the WWE Vince wants them to work everyweek and he felt burned out. He's older, had neck problems and is clearly looking after himself in TNA it's not anywhere near the same Angle who was busting his body through a broken neck. He's taking it easy in TNA big time.

Big Pete, sorry but you've got some total bizarre reasonsings. Kurt Angle, Booker T and Raven are overrated but Umaga was underrated? Please...

Big Pete

Referee
I consider Kurt Angle overated because he's considered one of the GOAT by a fair portion of the IWC and PW publications when he isn't even the best of his current generation. To me, he's a bad Benoit imitator who doesn't understand why Benoit was so highly regarded in the ring. Speaking of which, ever since his classic with Benoit he's basically recycled the same formula with just about every wrestler he can, even BG James FFS. Also his TNA definitely deserves a mention. Comparing it to Cliffy Lyons is off base, it's more like Mason to the Roosters if Mason stayed on for 4 more extra years and was the highest paid player at the club and the club kept winning wooden spoons at the time.

I don't think he's terrible by any stretch, but he definitely doesn't live up to his reputation. Kind of like when people prop movies like the Dark Knight or Inception up as GOAT when they're merely good if not very good.

Raven was a great character but a lot of his work doesn't hold up. Promos are out-dated and in the ring he was nothing more than mediocre. That doesn't stop people regarding Raven as one of the greats.

Booker T like Edge is a talented worker...as long as they have somebody carrying them. Otherwise when they're in charge they're sloppy as s**t and their matches tend to break down. I can't think of one good Booker T match where he had to carry the match.

Very few people regard Umaga as that talented a worker but for mine he out Samoa Joe'd, Samoa Joe during his tenure in the WWE and his work in 2007 especially with Cena and Hardy was great.

I'm not saying Umaga is superior to either wrestler, I'm just saying he deserves more respect than he receives.

Then again, the only wrestler who I genuinly feel is 100% underappreciated is 2 Cold Scorpio. The guy can still go as evident by his match on TNA last year.

Big Pete

Referee
Purely in the ring sense.

He basically emulated Benoit's style. Which is throw a s**t load amount of German Suplexes, do a bit of ground wrestling and every once in awhile go off the top rope. But where Benoit excelled technically, Angle didn't and some of his matches make little sense (ever noticed for an Olympic wrestler he loses A LOT of contests on the ground?) not to mention he's been pulling the grapevine trick for 8 years now (you know an Angle contest isn't over until he puts it into a grapevine, why he doesn't do it sooner, nobody knows).

The only thing Angle was better at than Benoit was mic. skills and not losing control and killing his family...

I'd like to re-iterate I don't think all those I've listed are bad wrestlers, they're just not as great as what either companies (HHH, Jarrett and Angle) or fans (Edge, Booker and Angle) say they are.

Last edited:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
It's ironic that you're hating on Angle because of his predictability yet you are an ardent defender of the five move list impostors.

Sports entertainment sucks balls. Puroresu for the win.

Latest posts