What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullo could be out for 4 months - no surgery required

Frederick

Staff member
"Might" have.

News ltd don't know shit, they're just throwing up the possibility. There hasn't been anything official from the knights yet

perverse

Referee
Shattered if true. If I could've picked one thing above all else that could have made the Nines a disaster for us - it would've been a long term injury to Mullen.

perverse

Referee
He would have gone so close to Origin this year, too... he was back on everyone's radar. Absolutely devastating if true.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Mullo said a few days ago he hoped he'd be good for round 1.

Hope the Knights put out something soon, to confirm or deny, so at least we know.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Shattered if true. If I could've picked one thing above all else that could have made the Nines a disaster for us - it would've been a long term injury to Mullen.

This.

I didn't really care how well we did in that comp, as long as we didn't get any bad injuries, especially Mullo.

Joker's Wild

Coach
This is a worst case scenario and is obviously pending scan results, which you'd think would be conclusive

The good sign here is that Mullo walked off the field. I have torn mine off the bone before and I could barely walk for the first week or so

I remain pretty optimistic

Swarzey

Bench
Was once suppose to be out for a few months with a dislocated shoulder, returned in two weeks.

I'm confident we can remain in the top 8 without him. The opening few rounds will be tough but Bennett has been in this situation before, he knows how to get the best out of players when it seems grim. I have high hopes that Roberts will be an absolute star in Mullen's absence and what he will learn in this time could be very important in our premiership campaign once Mullen returns.

It generally sucks big time that he could be out for so long, but like the times when Gidley was injured, I no longer think we're completely screwed. Our game against Melbourne in the finals convinced me of that. Even against the Dogs, while Mullen's kicking game was important, it was the forwards that won us that game.

Swarzey

Bench

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Personally I really hope this won't lead to Gidley playing in the halves. I've always considered him a much better 5/8 then halfback, but I see him offering the team much more from dummy half. The signing of Dobson is starting to look like a masterstroke from Bennett.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I'm gonna take something positive from this possible extended injury.
If I recall correctly, in both 1997 and 2001 Joey was out of quite a few games for those seasons. Our team did well without him and players individually upped their games and grew. When Joey came back in, his brilliance along with the other players heightened confidence/ability took us to the premiership.

Optimism yay

Card Shark

Immortal
Poor barstard. Googled Hamstring Avulsion & the pics there are scary.

Hope he recovers ok. The Knights are in good hands with Roberts there.

Dobson gets his chance. If he can keep his kicking game in order we will be alright. We must not forget six of our last eight games are at home and Mullo will be back by then for sure. Look for the positives or else you won't enjoy the season lads. I have faith in Dobson. He was very good at Hull KR.

Depth wise in the halves were on very shakey ground, I wonder if Gower recovered or if his still busted up? Worth considering on another deal IMO.

Dobson wanted the chance to prove himself at NRL level well now's your chance mate. Hopefully Mullo doesn't lose confidence when he comes back....

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I'm gonna take something positive from this possible extended injury.
If I recall correctly, in both 1997 and 2001 Joey was out of quite a few games for those seasons. Our team did well without him and players individually upped their games and grew. When Joey came back in, his brilliance along with the other players heightened confidence/ability took us to the premiership.

Optimism yay

We can only hope. In 1997 we were lucky to have the benefit of Leo Dynevor, let's see if Roberts and Dobson can do a similar job. In 2001 we missed Johns for 6 games. Rudder was at halfback for at least 4 of those games. Say no more..

The beauty of Johns, is that he instilled belief in the players around him when he was on the field. When he was out in 2001 and 2005, the team had low confidence and a win looked impossible. The great thing about Johns was, even though the team lost confidence, it instantly came back when he was back on the field. If the team loses confidence whilst Mullen is out, will he be enough to get the players back playing with confidence? In regards to that hypothetical - time will tell.

At least this time we have Bennett and not Hagen :D

You know what, we have a great halfback in Tyrone Roberts. Wayne Bennett is now the key to keep Tyrone from being overwhelmed. If that can happen we can fill the void.

Latest posts