What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Tinkler withdraws Knights offer

Jobdog

Live Update Team
That, and if the past week (Snowden and Idris) is any indication, he will probably have a 'hands on' management approach.
Although, in saying that, since he took over the Jets, you haven't heard from him. He's been more than happy to let Culina select the team every week.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Although, in saying that, since he took over the Jets, you haven't heard from him. He's been more than happy to let Culina select the team every week.

Thats no indication that he will handle the Knights in the same way JD. He has already showed his hand by calling Snowden directl, I think he will be much more hands on and ruffle many feathers amongst the football side of things

cram

Bench
I think he will be very vocal in who he wants signed, he is clearly saying he wants local juniors playing for the Knights....Roopy will be his recruitment manager (just kidding Roops).....

I would be extremely nervous if I was one of Brian Smiths imports and coming off contract if Tinkler takes over.

Plus he will be used as a scrum machine at training....lol

Last edited:

Rusty

Juniors
Could he possibly be recruiting in that manner in the knowledge that Stone won't be there next year?

Peppers

Juniors
He won't really be getting it for 'free'. He is going to clear the 2 or 3 mil debt to start with.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I think he will be very vocal in who he wants signed, he is clearly saying he wants local juniors playing for the Knights....Roopy will be his recruitment manager (just kidding Roops).....

I would be extremely nervous if I was one of Brian Smiths imports and coming off contract if Tinkler takes over.

Plus he will be used as a scrum machine at training....lol
This bit concerns me. While I don't have a problem with local juniors playing for the Knights, they've got to be at least quality players. All these blokes he's looking at weren't anything special when we let them go in the first place (ie Bird, Snowden).

Rusty

Juniors
well he should not be recruiting at all....I think the likelihood of getting Bennett is remote, he will head back to be closer to his family...in fact he is on his way back from England now due to his mother in law being ill.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ett-makes-mercy-dash-home-20110224-1b62a.html

If it's not Bennett it will be someone else...it won't be Stone.

In regards to Bennett, he won't coach a team without a decent playing roster. I think Tinkler fancies himself a chance of luring Bennett to Newie so he is doing everything in his power to improve the squad. But your right, with his current family situation, he might well move back to Brissy.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
If it's not Bennett it will be someone else...it won't be Stone.

In regards to Bennett, he won't coach a team without a decent playing roster. I think Tinkler fancies himself a chance of luring Bennett to Newie so he is doing everything in his power to improve the squad. But your right, with his current family situation, he might well move back to Brissy.
Bellamy?

roopy

Referee
So who do we owe that money to?
Half a million to Tinkler - the rest is on the balance sheet as debts pending - which basically means we have already spent the income we expect to get for the season, and if anyone asks, the cheques in the mail.

tgf

Juniors
Read with interest your thread. Am Enjoying it. The pursuit of the truth in a logical fashion is enthralling. I'm a Broncos fan (sorry). The Queensland Newspapers (for what their worth) allegedly quoting Iken (son in law) have stated that Bennet comming back to Brisbane is not a priority for Bennet. Apparently he quite likes the idea of being away from home as evidenced by him commuting only every other week. Iken said that his father in law is a very introspective guy and enjoys his own company quite a bit. (I can believe that).

Iken goes on to say that he is more likely to hunt out a challenge, meaning a club he can turn around (would explain his involvement with the NZ national side).

Without entering into your debate (re Tinkler/board) I would suspect that Newcastle with the correct roster would present such a challenge. Likewise Canberra. Perhaps Souths but they are a work in progress atm with Lang (another fine coach) and I suspect not.

Rusty

Juniors

I wouldn't be surprised if Tinkler's already onto it. Seriously. If the guy can lure the likes of Beckham for a friendly in Newie, he is capable of anything.
I daresay he is far more passionate about the Knights then he would be of the Jets.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I wouldn't be surprised if Tinkler's already onto it. Seriously. If the guy can lure the likes of Beckham for a friendly in Newie, he is capable of anything.
I daresay he is far more passionate about the Knights then he would be of the Jets.
For the love of God, let's not get into that ...