What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2010-2011

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah hes definitely not imo. Bynum knows how to use his size muuuucccch better than Dwight does.

With all the recent discussion about the Knicks here's a good article about the Nuggets post-Melo. Nuggets are 8-2 with average win by 13.2 points :shock: They beat the Hawks by 15 earlier aswell. A first round West series of Thunder/Nuggets would be great

The Knicks are 6-5 btw

Raise your hand if you saw the Denver Nuggets doing all that they have after the Carmelo Anthony deal finally went down. Go ahead, tell us you knew they’d thrive without Anthony and Chauncey Billups. Show us the sheet of paper you tucked away that said the Nuggets would go 8-2 in the first 10 games post-Melo, would be thumping opponents by 13.2 points and hanging on tight to that No. 5 seed in the Western Conference playoff chase.
We didn’t think so.
Even the Nuggets have been a bit surprised at how they’ve managed the separation anxiety from the player that was the face of the franchise the past seven seasons.
“I just think there’s more enthusiasm, more energy, more things strategically,” Nuggets coach George Karl told reporters after Monday night’s win in New Orleans, when the Nuggets drained 17 3-pointers in a 114-103 win.
So much changes after a seven-month pressure of wondering what was going to happen with Anthony is released. The Nuggets are playing with the sort of stress-free energy that personifies March Madness, as fans near the hideout here will get to see tonight when the Nuggets face the Hawks at Philips Arena.
Still, it would have been hard to imagine them losing both Anthony and Billups and getting the better end of the trade with the New York Knicks (6-5 since the trade and fighting to fend off Philadelphia for the No. 6 seed in the Eastern Conference playoff race).
In addition to the new faces the Nuggets gained in the trade — Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Timofey Mozgov and Raymond Felton — the trade also allowed Nuggets holdovers like J.R. Smith, Ty Lawson and the supremely underrated Arron Afflalo to show that they are more than capable of handling starring roles for a playoff team.
Lawson had perhaps the largest high tops to fill, taking over for a veteran master like Billups (who was a hometown favorite). Yet he’s proved to be more than up to the task, averaging 14.3 points, 8.1 assists and 2.2 steals in the Nuggets’ last 10 games. His March Madness numbers are a tick better — 17.7 points and 9.2 assists — which is the clearest indication that he hasn’t lost any of the tourney time swagger that he used to help North Carolina win a title a couple of years ago.
But at least one prominent Denver writer, Mark Kizla of the Denver Post, suggested early on that the true leader of this Nuggets team is none other than veteran power forward Kenyon Martin, whose personality and no-nonsense attitude has been adopted by all:
After the departure of Anthony and Billups, there has been much discussion about the identity of the team’s best player. Is it Nene? Should we consider Arron Afflalo, who plays both ends of the floor with passion? Could new acquisition Danilo Gallinari be the Nuggets’ next great scorer?
While the talent evaluation makes for an interesting debate, the argument misses the point. The Nuggets will live or die on defense and sheer force of will.
Nobody would ever nominate Martin, whose jump shot will always will look as if it could break a window, as a graceful player.
But watch him score 14 points and pull down 11 rebounds against the Hawks, and what you realize is this:
Martin is the true grit of the new Nuggets.
He refused to accept losing with the departure of Anthony and Billups.
“Why would I think that way? If I think that way, I might as well shut it down,” Martin said. “I miss Melo. I miss Chauncey. I love them to death. But it’s about us who are here now.”
That’s the sort of mentality that becomes infectious in these sort of situations.
Barring a sudden collapse, the Nuggets will surely finish with more wins than the Knicks and could be a part of an intriguing first-round playoff matchup with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
That’s not bad for a team many (select members of the hideout crew included) predicted would suffer from a severe case of post-Melo anxiety disorder.
LINK

Stranger

Coach
Heat must really hate playing against teams with a winning record.....

Yeah definately. Especially after beating 2 of the best teams in the league being the lakers and the Spurs.

You have a serious distaste for miami don't you? Lol.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
No not really. Just that they're 18-20 against teams at or above .500. Which is as I understand it, the worst record of the top teams.

Ridders

Coach
Will be interesting to see who finishes up with the top seed in the East.

Atm the Celtics ans Bulls both with identical records of 50-19.

Spurs pretty much a lock for the top in the West.

Indiana continue the charge to 8th seed in the playoffs by beating the Nets :D

Tim Duncan sprained his ankle in the Spurs win over the Warriors though so he might miss a few weeks.

The Knicks again get dominated in the post this time KG drops 24 points and 11 boards while the Nuggets destroy the Raptors by 33 points and forcing 23 turnovers!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Knicks choked big time, should have taken that game. I reckon it'll be Bulls/Pacers, Celtics/Knicks and Heat/Philly. Pacers will jag 1 games and the Knicks will get 2-3 and Philly will get 1 as well. Magic 4-2 over the Hawks.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I appreciate you think we'll win 2 games against the Magic.

Shame about Duncan, although not sure it will affect them too much before the playoffs. If he's not 100% though, could make things interesting.

Suns/Lakers went to triple OT and the Bulls destroyed the Hawks by 33 with Rose nailing 6 3's for 30 points.

Knicks are 7-9 since the trade. 16 games in and already Melo isn't participating in huddles and Amar'e is rumoured to not be happy with Melo's effort on offense. The Knicks will not get 3 wins over the Celtics in the playoffs, the Celtics should sweep them. The Knicks can't D

28th in opposition points
26th in opposition FG%
Tied-29th in opposition 3-pt%

Stats don't lie. You can't write them off 100% but if the Knicks upset the Celtics it'll be the biggest bombshell of the post-season.

Last edited:
BigMick that doesn't really do justice to the Nuggets aren't they closer to if not above 70%?

FastEddie is being pretty generous I think the Bulls will sweep us easily but my man Roy Hibbert is going to show Noah who's boss :cool:

Last edited:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Can't really be bothered getting into another Knicks discussion as it's all been said. I think they can cause an upset in the playoffs and at the very least get 2 games. And on the Nuggets record you have to look at the teams they have beaten and loss to...although it's better better beating the sh*t teams then not like the Knicks and they do have a good young team now. Pretty much everyone else disagrees so thats cool and done with now and we will wait and see.

Can't wait for the playoffs should be great. Hawks are on a bit downward spiral atm and I'm not completely sold on the Bulls yet for some reason.