What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New CEO

Wondering if our CEO had anything to do with this deal with the Jets

http://www.rlcm.com.au/latest-news/31116-rugby-league

ewtown’s first trial match for 2015 is against the Illawarra Cutters at Henson Park on Saturday, 7th February, and is timed for kick off at 4.00pm.
The other 2015 trial match details are: Saturday, 14th February, v North Sydney at Henson Park, with this match kicking off at 6.00pm.
The third and final trial match is against Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday, 21st February with the kick-off time for this match still to be announced.
The Cronulla Sharks NRL and Holden Cup squads will also be playing Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium on the same day.
Newtown’s first round competition match in the 2015 VB NSW Cup is against Wests Tigers at Henson Park on Saturday, 7th March, with this game kicking off at 3.00pm.
You can view the entire VB NSW Cup 2015 draw on this link: http://www.nswrl.com.au/seniors/vb-nsw-cup/nsw-cup-draw.html
The Newtown Jets clothing and merchandise marquee will be back in business tomorrow (Saturday, 31st January) in King Street, Newtown from 10.00am to 4.00pm. The marquee is situated directly opposite the Dendy Cinema Complex.
Show your loyalty to Australia’s oldest Rugby League club by taking out a 2015 Jets season membership.
There are packages available that are tailored to various personal circumstances and budgets, and by taking out a membership you can make your contribution to the old club’s future longevity.
All of the different categories of 2015 Newtown Jets season memberships can be viewed here: http://www.newtownjets.com/jets-membership-2015/
A special note of thanks to our new VB NSW Cup partnership club, the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and their tremendous offer to the holders of certain categories of Newtown Jets season memberships.
Our NRL partners have made a generous goodwill gesture in giving all Newtown Royal Blue Legends Club, Season, Family Pack and Henson Park 2015 members a complimentary three-game Cronulla-Sutherland RLFC membership, which gives them free entry to three 2015 NRL games of their choice at Remondis Stadium.
Details of this splendid offer from the Cronulla Sharks were included in our 2015 membership applications both in print form and online.

Get ready for the Newtown Jets Rally Day on Saturday, 28th February at the Vic Hotel (2 Addison Road, Enmore) from 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
More details about the cavalcade of entertainment that will be available on that day will be announced soon.
This is a terrific opportunity for Newtown Jets members and supporters, and especially our army of young fans, to meet the 2015 Newtown Jets players and coaching staff and to have a fun-packed afternoon as well.
Please note that children are especially welcome at the Vic for the Jets Rally Day and the whole afternoon will be well supervised.

taipan

Referee
At last thinking outside the square.Has to be a Gorman intitiative or at least follow through.

Matty_C

Juniors
Following on from the success of two similar events held prior to Christmas and in a continuing effort to open the channels of communication between the Sharks and their most important stakeholders, the club again invites members, sponsors, corporate partners, fans and local residents to attend our Community Forums scheduled for February.

The first Forum will be conducted on Monday, February 16 at Sharkies Leagues Club, with the second on Wednesday, February 25 at Club Menai, a venue chosen to give those on the western outskirts of the Shire a chance to have their say.

After two well-attended forums prior to Christmas and following on from the positive start to the season with the Sharks brilliant performance at the NRL Nines, we hope to fill both venues and to get constructive feedback about the direction of the club and the season ahead.

The two February Forum’s will give those in the room the chance to follow up on any of the items discussed at the previous forums and will also enable those who could not attend in December, the opportunity to be part of the discussion.

The forums will be hosted by Group CEO Lyall Gorman, Sharks Chairman Damian Keogh and head NRL Coach Shane Flanagan, commitments allowing.

At this stage Flanagan is more likely to be present at the second Forum in Menai, with the Sharks going into a training camp the week of the Sharkies Leagues Club event on February 16.

The Forums have been instigated by recently appointed CEO Gorman, a man with a proven track record as a sporting administrator, piloting the Central Coast Mariners, then the Western Sydney Wanderers to outstanding success during his time at the two A-League clubs.

A part of this success came from the commitment of both organisations to fan and community engagement, with Gorman delivering on a promise to replicate his interaction with fans and the local area in his new position at the Sharks.

Mark down the dates and come along to have a say, to just listen to the questions raised and the responses given, or to just show your support of the Sharks.

Two more Community Forum’s – Monday, February 16 at Sharkies, Wednesday, February 25 at Club Menai.

Both Community Forums kick off at 7.00pm.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I wonder what else could possibly be covered that wasn't in the last 2?

Sorry to be pessimistic but it seems like a bit of overkill to me.

Maccas4177

Juniors
I have just received an email from Todd King at the Bulldogs regarding the Bulldogs v sharks game at belmore. This guy had my email address from when I made enquiries about hospitality at a sharks home game. Surely there has to be some rule about taking email addresses from his job at the Sharks to his new role at the Bulldogs. I'm going to forward the email to Lyle Gorman and see what he has to say about it!!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I have just received an email from Todd King at the Bulldogs regarding the Bulldogs v sharks game at belmore. This guy had my email address from when I made enquiries about hospitality at a sharks home game. Surely there has to be some rule about taking email addresses from his job at the Sharks to his new role at the Bulldogs. I'm going to forward the email to Lyle Gorman and see what he has to say about it!!

Wowsers that's what I call REDHOT!!!!!!!!

ghoti

Bench
Perfectly normal to retain contacts between jobs Macca, I wouldn't bother chasing it up as he's within his rights to hold onto proof of your existence

chewsta

First Grade
Reply with a nude selfy. He will leave you alone then.

Or send you flowers, either way you win.

carcharias

Immortal
Isn't there some form of restraint of trade rule/period?
Surely "us" being the customer would be off limits .

Southern Shark

Juniors
Would the jets supporters be offended if the Sharks supporters who witnessed Manfred Moore's gridiron pass turned up to the Vic Hotel at Enmore on 28th Feb?.

Maccas4177

Juniors
Perfectly normal to retain contacts between jobs Macca, I wouldn't bother chasing it up as he's within his rights to hold onto proof of your existence

I would think the club is against an ex employee trying to poach possible busines

In any employment termination/separation there is an implied "non compete" rule. The fact is you are a "customer" of the Sharks, it is improper and perhaps illegal for you to be coerced into doing business with the Dogs.

sharknows

Bench
Unless there is a written agreement there is nothing illegal. Improper???? Everything is dog eat dog these days.....no pun intended.

Latest posts