What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

cb4

First Grade
Cleeland's still young, I think it's fair for the more experienced Townsend to have first crack in first grade. The onus is on the Cleeland to consistently outperform Townsend, if he does once the season's in and Flanno doesn't select the best halfback option, THEN be upset... A good pre-season doesn't (and shouldn't) gift you an NRL jumper.

They are the same age. Chad has played consistent NRL footy for a while now whilst Cleeland is a 24 year old rookie.
Hopefully the reports are true, as I dont think we will threaten the comp with Chad in the 7, but Todd Murphy was the runner up player of the year in the Q Cup and he couldn't shift Robson out of the team.

Its good to hear for sure. Still have a nagging feeling Flanno wont use him. f**king flanno.

^^^This.
Townsend will be the 7.
Flanno won't have it any other way.

What a merkin.

Nah, I'm sure Chad's in the clique. He'll be fine.

I miss the good old days when Chad couldn't get a game because Flano wouldn't pick him.

pay attention, bugner picks the squad after some consultation with the chummy chicks.

Someone should make a thread about this,...........

Card Shark

Immortal
Fuggen Murphy talk again... did you see Murphy play NSW Cup? Huge reports about Murphy being a great performer in the pre-season but had issues with his talk... I only saw him play four games in NSW Cup, but he was VERY quiet, and seemed low on confidence. He was never going to oust Robson, ESPECIALLY once we'd settled on Bird as a 5/8 who would've struggled even more with a quiet, inexperienced halfback inside him.

Fair comment.

Agreed Ghoti - but he gifted Robson a whole season last year when every man and his dog could see the deficiencies in his game. Flanno is very stubborn.

Also fair comment.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I think you will find a mixture of both Murphy not being up to first grade standard and also the fact Robbo was in flanno's selected "boys club".

Shaun Johnson would have been playing reggies had he been at the club when Robbo was fully fit

Ads

First Grade
A bit of rumours on fb about James Roberts coming to us. Looks completely garbage though. Anyone heard anything? Cb4?

Griffoshark66

First Grade
People are fizzing over Roberts on fluffbook. He would be a great addition. He and Val in the same backline makes us as quick as anyone.

sandshark

Bench
Get this. James Roberts and I used to be good mates from being toddlers until about the age of 10.
All I remember of him was that he was a nasty/cruel such and such.

But in saying that he would complete our back line. That speed he has is worth so much money.
Pipe dream though I believe.

cb4

First Grade
Roberts is using this to get more money from the Titans. He will be their player in round 1.

chewsta

First Grade
I hope we are in there driving his price through the roof then.
Would be nice to jag him in the process.

SharkShocked

Bench
Roberts is using this to get more money from the Titans. He will be their player in round 1.

Pretty poor performance on his part really. Obviously manager/him didn't do a good enough deal earlier on and found a way to manipulate the situation re contract signature.

Ads

First Grade
Pretty poor performance on his part really. Obviously manager/him didn't do a good enough deal earlier on and found a way to manipulate the situation re contract signature.

Nothing I wouldn't exploit. Gotta make the most of the career.

Snoop Shark

First Grade

When the Titans signed him he was a liability no doubt.

He had prior offences against his name and by his own admission was(and still is) a horrible drunk.

He just wanted his foot in the door which he got at the Titans and they are using a pretty smart loophole to get his current market value. Sure it's not morally correct especially if the Titans have spent most their cash, but let's be realistic they have plenty more money in the kitty and both James and his manager know this.

I must say well played

Latest posts