What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Special K

Coach
We just signed Maloney and Townsend for over a million bucks. Lets say 1.2(800/400), throw in Sene Lefao.. We lost Gordon, Tupou, Robson and Ayshford. Anyone who thinks we can afford Walker or Roberts can do my next tax return. Won't happen.

webShark

Good point. And I doubt 3rd party sponsors would be jumping over themselves to sign Roberts. Seems like a ticking time bomb to me.

This third party stuff baffles me. Sponsors probably get more bad publicity if their player stuffs up than good if he doesn't.

I wouldn't know who sponsored JT. Outside the Sharks I don't know who sponsors anyone and don't give a.

Last edited:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Good point. And I doubt 3rd party sponsors would be jumping over themselves to sign Roberts. Seems like a ticking time bomb to me.

Depends if the sponsors know their footy.

Dally M centre of the year in a below par Titans outfit is not a bad effort if you ask me

carinashark

First Grade
Chad didn't do much at the Warriors. Has everyone forgotten ? The 7 has to be a good un or we will not be a top four.

ghoti

Bench
Chad did OK... He did as much as Jack Bird did, but added a kicking game and a passing game and some genuine organisation to the Warriors backline. He's three times the half Bird is...(and I like Bird), lacks X-Factor sure, but sometimes you just need a half who can distribute a d make kick metres, and I reckon Chad's our guy. If we find better that'd be f**kin great, but he'll go alright I reckon

Ads

First Grade
I'm half holding out hope Cleeland might be our guy. Reports are good.

Madsharkie

First Grade
This third party stuff baffles me. Sponsors probably get more bad publicity if their player stuffs up than good if he doesn't.

I wouldn't know who sponsored JT. Outside the Sharks I don't know who sponsors anyone and don't give a.

Baffles me too. Seems like a rort, and flies in the face of the salary cap. I'm not against elite players getting paid more, just needs to be a fairer way for it all to happen (and be above board).

Madsharkie

First Grade
Chad did OK... He did as much as Jack Bird did, but added a kicking game and a passing game and some genuine organisation to the Warriors backline. He's three times the half Bird is...(and I like Bird), lacks X-Factor sure, but sometimes you just need a half who can distribute a d make kick metres, and I reckon Chad's our guy. If we find better that'd be f**kin great, but he'll go alright I reckon

^ this. Good upgrade on Robbo.

Ads

First Grade
There's no real backlash if the sponsorship isn't really public knowledge. Some of these deals you would have no idea about.

There's no real backlash if the sponsorship isn't really public knowledge. Some of these deals you would have no idea about.

yeah. its only when it comes to light

Take Craig Wing. he had third parties at souths. that he never went and did the work for (cos at the chooks he didn't have to)
and so he didn't get the money

Latest posts