What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

King Ben

Juniors
Cronulla are considering making a play for Aidan Sezer if disgruntled playmaker James Maloney leaves the Shire outfit.

Maloney is contracted to the premiers for another season but believes he isn't being paid his market worth. Several clubs are watching the situation with interest and the Warriors are firming as a potential destination should a release be granted. The Sharks won't part with the NSW pivot unless a suitable replacement can be found and it remains to be seen whether Sydney-bound Cooper Cronk is a viable alternative.

Canberra will be one of the clubs under immense salary-cap pressure after overestimating the figure for next season, which is likely to be about $9.2 million. If the Green Machine is forced to jettison players, Sezer could be one of the men it reluctantly parts company with. That would free up the Sharks to make a play for the Raiders half in what would be a new-look halves combination with Chad Townsend.

Maloney has enjoyed success across the Tasman and the Warriors are keeping their options open after losing Kieran Foran to Canterbury.

JACK Bird’s agent, David Riolo, insists the Sharks’ grand final-winning centre is still heading to the Broncos next year.

We have heard otherwise and it’s a story we’ll be monitoring closely over the next few weeks. The Sharks can’t make Bird an offer to stay because it would be enticing a player to break a contract.

If, however, he can convince the Broncos he wants to stay closer to his family, it might change things. The Sharks could then allow James Maloney to accept a big-money offer to go elsewhere.

Pay the man what he wants.

Stake Removed

First Grade
It really showed last night CT is not a dominant half, he plays 2nd fiddle to Maloney did same at Warriors with Johnson.

I look at Cowboys JT goes down Morgan has busted his gut to stand up for them, he is involved with the play.

Watch CT he does not get his hand on the ball often some sets only touch was 5th to kick it, not even trying to take the line on

This far Kenneth Chad hate? Are you mongs serious? Just think back to all the other halves this year when the partnership has been split. They all play well below , because they are targeted & easy pickings.
FFS Gillette has made record sales in here the last 24 hours.

millersnose

Post Whore
Although it wasn't chads best game Maloney was in the side that copped a similar hiding v Canberra last year

Chad was the standout for the first half of last year. Easily outshining Maloney.
He has been one of our best all of this year & is improving rapidly, despite having a massive reduction in the quality of pressure breakers around him, Barba & Ennis.
hes doing just fine thanks.

Madsharkie

First Grade
It really showed last night CT is not a dominant half, he plays 2nd fiddle to Maloney did same at Warriors with Johnson.

I look at Cowboys JT goes down Morgan has busted his gut to stand up for them, he is involved with the play.

Watch CT he does not get his hand on the ball often some sets only touch was 5th to kick it, not even trying to take the line on
How long have you been watching rugby league? Seen many halves 'dominate' when their forward pack is getting owned? Didn't think so.

Stake Removed

First Grade
How long have you been watching rugby league? Seen many halves 'dominate' when their forward pack is getting owned? Didn't think so.

But in first 10 minutes of 2nd half he only touched ball to kick, not one other time in set did he touch the ball, your playmaker needs to get his hands on the ball, Cowboys were getting smashed by Storm friday but Morgan was trying, he was getting hand on the ball, CT seems to wait for the ball not take control of the team

Madsharkie

First Grade
Cowboys weren't getting owned like our forwards. It was a great game until the storm finished it off in the last 25mins.

sandshark

Bench
I thought Chad did alright for a shit team performance. Kicking was mostly on point but what can you do when you are playing with a bunch of premiers looking like wooden spooners.

snout

First Grade
Im obviously the only dude who thinks bird wasnt shit the other night.

Not sure what else he was or wasnt doing but every time his opposite crocker got the ball he threw him to the ground ball and all.
And a couple of times he stood him up.

His opposite did farkall all nite. Except kick for goal.
Bird cant do more than nullify his opposite.

Last edited:

Born BB&W

Juniors
Bizarre thought I don't know if it's been discussed already and I know it sounds crazy.

I wonder if Flanno is holding off on a Maloney upgrade because he feels Bird IS going to renege and actually does want to stay with us.

With all these rumours you would think Bird would have put them to bed by standing in front of a TV camera and saying categorically I am going to Brisbane these persistent rumours are just fairy tales.

Generalzod

Immortal
is it true that Cooper Crank come out and said that no way he'll be playing for the Sharks he cant see himself playing alongside the likes of Gallen and Graham, newsflash Sharks supporters dont want you either you robot

shaggs

Coach
is it true that Cooper Crank come out and said that no way he'll be playing for the Sharks he cant see himself playing alongside the likes of Gallen and Graham, newsflash Sharks supporters dont want you either you robot
Of the last 10 Australian half backs, where do you rank Cronk?
I think he would struggle when not in the storm system