What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

bluefox1968

Juniors
Curtis would be a very good fit.Very good. We must not by any old guys. Just keep Gal in storage.

I vote in favour of this!

His Dad made a veiled comment implying that he is being 'shackled' at club level (Tigers), whereas Cartwright (Panthers) has been allowed to play his natural game. This was just before City-Country was played.

So, he may be looking for an 'out'!

webShark

I vote in favour of this!

His Dad made a veiled comment implying that he is being 'shackled' at club level (Tigers), whereas Cartwright (Panthers) has been allowed to play his natural game. This was just before City-Country was played.

So, he may be looking for an 'out'!
Can't see him as anything other than a benchie. Does he want that? Do we need that?

shaggs

Coach
Im hearing Curtis Sironen may be on the way.

Is that part of our 5 year plan to get back to the bottom of the table.

Korbin, rochow, sironen. Bleeeeh.

I'd be ok with cowboy tariq, but gee that's some mediocre footballers.

This years free agents for the nrl looks a lot like the upcoming Nba draft. Not much quality.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Can't see him as anything other than a benchie. Does he want that? Do we need that?

Honestly, I haven't seen enough of him to argue with you. I was under the impression that he is tipped to be a long-term rep player - or is that just because of his surname?

webShark

Honestly, I haven't seen enough of him to argue with you. I was under the impression that he is tipped to be a long-term rep player - or is that just because of his surname?

No way a long term rep player. In the long term is an outside chance of being a rep player. Talked up like all young Tigers players. Bakuya not a starter for us at full strength. He is better than Sironen. Low risk if cheap and ok to play Reggies.

RUBIKS

Juniors
did dwe sign the penrith recruitment dude that f**ked up their roster?

get mooney back

the fact that he is in newcastle shows these players would not be on our radar if he was still here, unless they are on whopping contracts

Debatable...

It looks like we split Mooney's role into two positions, we got Moss who was at 3 clubs, all of which have had Salary cap issues:

The Sharks are pleased to announce the appointment of Phil Moss as the Club?s new Head of Football Operations.

Moss comes to the Sharks with an extensive background in rugby league administration over more than a decade, including previous stints at the Wests Tigers, Penrith Panthers and Parramatta Eels.

It will be Moss?s responsibility at the Sharks to oversee the organisation, planning and delivery of all operational, welfare, educational, administrative and logistical support within the Sharks Football program.

Club CEO Lyall Gorman was pleased to announce Moss had accepted the Football Operations role and to welcome him to the Sharks.

?Phil has an extensive and impressive background in rugby league administration and I have no doubt he will be an outstanding asset to our Club,? Gorman said. ?I look forward to working with Phil to achieve our goals to continue to raise the bar in all level of our operation and to deliver the success we all aspire to.?

After beginning in the role last week, Moss has been settling in with his renowned professionalism and passion and was enthusiastic about the Club?s prospects for the year ahead.

?The Sharks have built a strong team both on and off the field and I am excited to have the chance to work with them,? Moss began. ?The possibilities for this season and into the future are immeasurable and I?m appreciative to have the chance to be a part of it.?

Moss will work closely with senior management, the NRL and NYC coaching staff and the NRL playing group in his new role as Head of Football Operations.

He replaces Darren Mooney who has left to pursue other opportunities at the Newcastle Knights.

Source

However we just got this guy for recruitment:
RECRUITMENT MUSICAL CHAIRS

Former South Sydney recruitment officer Grant Jones has joined Cronulla.

With Shane Richardson now handling player contracts, Jones has moved to the Sharks to work alongside Phil Moss, who replaced Darren Mooney in football operations earlier this year. Mooney is now trying to work his magic at the Knights but he could soon have some help in the way of Penrith recruiter Mark Hughes.

Hughes recently left the Panthers with Phil Gould handling contract negotiations and has been linked with a move to the Knights.

Source

all i know is that we have had some awesome recruitment in a time where most shouldnt have touched us with a barge pole based on issues the club has had, at fault or not

some names being tossed around, bar gillett, arent to the prior standard imo

I'm sure the Club will make some smart purchases but the one thing you want to avoid is too many "project" players.

It's a shame Gillett wanted too much because he would have slotted in to the side real easy and comes from a winning culture and great discipline.

Some of the potential signings being bandied about would need a lot of polish and aren't sure things of working out.

cb4

First Grade

Debatable...

It looks like we split Mooney's role into two positions, we got Moss who was at 3 clubs, all of which have had Salary cap issues:

However we just got this guy for recruitment:

Mark Hughes is Penriths recruitment guru. Phil Moss was head of operations.

It is very hard to condemn any sign Flanno makes, they all seem to perform under hsi reign, so we must give him benefit of the doubt, none of us here could do better

Frenzy.

Immortal
It is very hard to condemn any sign Flanno makes, they all seem to perform under hsi reign, so we must give him benefit of the doubt, none of us here could do better

Then you'll stop making ridiculous suggestions on signings then? Good.

Curtis Sironen? Fekk me dead!

Here is your insane comment, when i see your comment i thought it was reciprocal, then again you do have a high opinion of yourself, well thats 1 person that does, go f^^k as you like to say i assume you have had plenty of practise you f**cher

Frenzy.

Immortal
Here is your insane comment, when i see your comment i thought it was reciprocal, then again you do have a high opinion of yourself, well thats 1 person that does, go f^^k as you like to say i assume you have had plenty of practise you f**cher

I'd be upset if that made sense HAHAHAHAAHA

Frenzy.

Immortal
Now, about this felching business.

I was very fortunate that when I went gerbil shopping I found Eric. Eric the Epileptic Gerbil, that is.

He's great. You run him in then follow him up with a flashing torch to induce a seizure.

I did forget to declaw him the first time but these wounds healed.

Don't tell Uncle Sad, he'll want to borrow Eric

millersnose

Post Whore

Given less than a year ago you wanted flanno sacked and replaced with Nathan brown your over the top flanno love is a little sickening

No wonder you changed personas

Given less than a year ago you wanted flanno sacked and replaced with Nathan brown your over the top flanno love is a little sickening

No wonder you changed personas

Yeah But!?...have you had a better chuckle lately than frenzys' response? Forum needs people that get under each others skin ...Spice of life. And what about Eric!!???

Last edited: