What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Game Pass

kurt faulk

Coach
That is about 74c per day. Value wise, I suppose it depends on how often you watch it.

well you could look at it like that, or you could look at it like how most people would watch it - seeing their team play 16 games. then it works out to $17.50 per game.

shiznit

Coach
The value for me free falls when most games are on Monday mornings for me which is like my busiest time of the work week.

So quite often I'm watching a replay of it after work...

Which you can often just download in HD for free.... if you wanted to ofcourse...

nick87

Coach
I'm considering my options this year
Redzone on espn2 has changed the game a bit for me

zombie jesus

Staff member
I've got a Fetch box and they have Espn in a package with some other things for $6 a month, that's red zone and MNF covered, 7 doing their games and then I can sort the rest out.

nick87

Coach
I watch a lot of full games of night though so I'm still tossing it up
Like it's not unusual for me to look at a box score of a ten v oak game and just strap in and watch it at night during the week

The cost is starting to get up there for that though :/

DC_fan

Coach

I'm not a fan of redzone. You get no feel of any game, it's all just scoring. Like basketball. Yuck.

I too am not a fan of Redzone. My love of American Football is more than just watching the scoring plays. For mine it's all about the finer points of the game, the blocking by the OL, the pass rush by defenders and much more. Aspects of the game that Redzone does not show.

Collateral

Coach
I too am not a fan of Redzone. My love of American Football is more than just watching the scoring plays. For mine it's all about the finer points of the game, the blocking by the OL, the pass rush by defenders and much more. Aspects of the game that Redzone does not show.

Me too. How they got into a scoring position is just as interesting as the result of being in the red zone.

nick87

Coach

I'm not a fan of redzone. You get no feel of any game, it's all just scoring. Like basketball. Yuck.

I agree with the premier
I end up watching a lot of games after the fact and usually have a 2nd device with the eagles game on that I watch closely

But me and about 3-4 mates gets up early and watch Redzone together and talk shits
It's f**king great for that

As a relative noob to the game, I love Red Zone. I'd say it probably helped hooking me as a new fan.

There is just so many matches and plays, it's the only way to fly.

I can see the purists POV, but I'm not there.

I still watch the other games in full. Just on delay so I can FF the stoppages.

Bring it on. I can't f**ken wait.

Valheru

Coach
With the way that coverage is in Australia at the moment, I think only the most hardcore fan would find benefit or value for money from game pass (unless they don't have foxtel).

As it stands (if you have foxtel), you get 5 full games a week minimum (1 x Friday, 3 Monday and 1 Tuesday). If you go for a decent/popular team like most people in Australia do you are pretty safe saying that your team will feature in those full games 4-6 times a year which is edging towards half the season. Additionally you get all playoff games and redzone gives you live highlights of the non televised afternoon games (more if it is a close/high stake game).

I thin that is enough from most people here, especially given the price tag of the pass.

kurt faulk

Coach
With the way that coverage is in Australia at the moment, I think only the most hardcore fan would find benefit or value for money from game pass (unless they don't have foxtel).

As it stands (if you have foxtel), you get 5 full games a week minimum (1 x Friday, 3 Monday and 1 Tuesday). If you go for a decent/popular team like most people in Australia do you are pretty safe saying that your team will feature in those full games 4-6 times a year which is edging towards half the season. Additionally you get all playoff games and redzone gives you live highlights of the non televised afternoon games (more if it is a close/high stake game).

I thin that is enough from most people here, especially given the price tag of the pass.

what if you follow the rams? you'll get zero games on tv. well, you'll get one thursday night game.

still, i'm not paying $17.50 per game.

Valheru

Coach
what if you follow the rams? you'll get zero games on tv. well, you'll get one thursday night game.

still, i'm not paying $17.50 per game.

As i said, it suits most people.

You are a) a hardcore fan and b) a fan of a team that isn't any good at the moment and one that i imagine is not very popular here so you would ne an exception.

shiznit

Coach
What do you guys think of those Kodi streaming boxes over there??

I hadn't really seen one properly until a couple of days ago...

Pretty f**king impressive the amount of channels and things it picks up.

I asked him about NFL coverage and he said it was every game...

But I'm just abit skeptical about the quality TBH...

Last edited: