What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine axes Footy Show? Fatty gorrrn

T-Boon

Coach
They could at least get a rugby league girl on like Ali Brigginshaw or Caitlin Moran who will try to promote RL generally and womens RL in particular.
All the footy show men seem half interested in RL but mainly interested in their own egos while Erin Molan is basically a sociopath who is totally obsessed with herself and promoting her own image.
The NRL should be media training the hell out of Ali Brigginshaw and the other Jillaroos.

carcharias

Immortal
Sanity prevails
Sir Paul Gallen is now a regular host of the new footy show format on Monday nights.
Articulate, intelligent and universally adored .

Great news.

Eion

First Grade
You'd think the footy show would be able to start a week before the comp...do things like preview the season / teams / top 8 predictions. Would have thought it could draw a decent audience from people desperate for the footy to start....and generate a bit of extra interest for when the comp kicks off.

nrlnrl

First Grade
You'd think the footy show would be able to start a week before the comp...do things like preview the season / teams / top 8 predictions. Would have thought it could draw a decent audience from people desperate for the footy to start....and generate a bit of extra interest for when the comp kicks off.
maybe they're not after footy fans?

mozza91

Coach
I taped it after watching Matty Johns and reading the Facebook comments about how terrible it is. I’ve been been pleasantly surprised some pretty good footy discussion.

Vozzy

Juniors
The only good parts is the fact they talk footy and Darryl's part is good for the game.

The bad parts:

- Beau Ryan
- the whole how was your off season
- Andrew Johns hard on for the Roosters like they need anymore leg ups. Why does he need to work with Cronk. Why not help out struggling halves or young halves like at tigers, raiders, Titans, even the new Melbourne half, Connar Watson/brock lamb. Don't go to a team with already the best half in the game to take credit for their success.

LineBall

Juniors
The only good parts is the fact they talk footy and Darryl's part is good for the game.

The bad parts:

- Beau Ryan
- the whole how was your off season
- Andrew Johns hard on for the Roosters like they need anymore leg ups. Why does he need to work with Cronk. Why not help out struggling halves or young halves like at tigers, raiders, Titans, even the new Melbourne half, Connar Watson/brock lamb. Don't go to a team with already the best half in the game to take credit for their success.

I'd say the Roosters pay well.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I taped it after watching Matty Johns and reading the Facebook comments about how terrible it is. I’ve been been pleasantly surprised some pretty good footy discussion.

Decent footy talk if you support certain teams.

At least Fox attempts to cover every team and try some proper analysis while giving them airtime (good or bad). Fans of half the clubs need not bother watching the Footy Show because they know their club won't be involved in the discussion.

Aside from that it was the same worn segments. Same show with slightly different wrapping.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Destined to fail again. The show is lost. Who are they catering to?

When I was 13, at high school and trying to understand football, I used to watch it. I watched it regularly for another 5 years after that and then off and on. Since it went to 10:30, I haven't watched a single episode.

One problem now is the slot. Anyone with a job or a School to go to will find it hard to watch it. Second, the football discussion was average too if you follow the teams absent. Third, the comedy sucks completely.

kdalymc

Bench
All I’m seeing is
“ get rid of fatty the format is stale it’s not funny any more and we need more talk about footy “

And now
“Bring back fatty bring back the old format it needs to be funny again stop talking about footy so much “

Big Salad

Juniors
Fatty was the least that was wrong with the previous show. Beau is unbelievably unfunny and Erin should've been punted ahead of Yvonne a few years back. I can only assume Beau is still on contract, so is being put on the show.

Channel 9's biggest mistake was getting rid of Voss from its league coverage years ago. He was a host with great knowledge of the game who had the ability to balance humour, fan service and footy discussion with ease.