What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
It's the gravity. The cracks are opening up.

What about the gravity down our way ?

images

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No. This push to sell off the ABC stems from the Murdoch footman in the conservatives who view the ABC's free news content as a millstone to their online paywall profits.
I have dealt a lot with the ABC News over the years and they are undoubtedly some of the biggest f**kwits in the media.

Most dicknoses who live a sheltered life think they are a source of truth but they are just as bad as every other news source.

Who gives a f**k whether its free? Its still bullshit.

Gronk

Staff member
I have dealt a lot with the ABC News over the years and they are undoubtedly some of the biggest f**kwits in the media.

Most dicknoses who live a sheltered life think they are a source of truth but they are just as bad as every other news source.

Who gives a f**k whether its free? Its still bullshit.

If you don't like the way the news arm of the ABC is run, then change it.

The ABC provide programming across all platforms and have a reach that no privatised version would bother with. Just look at the cricket coverage that was almost lost. If the deal went to crocmedia, regional areas would only get the cricket if their local AM/FM station was prepared to pay for the content. So sad.

When Abbott was in power he sold off the Australia Channel to Sky/Murdoch and that's what the merkins intend to do with the ABC.

If the running costs piss people off then perhaps some of the channels like ABC2 etc can adopt the SBS model and allow advertising.

I agree that the ABC should not harbour political bias, however they seem to be the only network who are willing to call out politicians without fear of loss of advertising revenue from vested interests.

#savetheABC

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If you don't like the way the news arm of the ABC is run, then change it.

The ABC provide programming across all platforms and have a reach that no privatised version would bother with. Just look at the cricket coverage that was almost lost. If the deal went to crocmedia, regional areas would only get the cricket if their local AM/FM station was prepared to pay for the content. So sad.

When Abbott was in power he sold off the Australia Channel to Sky/Murdoch and that's what the merkins intend to do with the ABC.

If the running costs piss people off then perhaps some of the channels like ABC2 etc can adopt the SBS model and allow advertising.

I agree that the ABC should not harbour political bias, however they seem to be the only network who are willing to call out politicians without fear of loss of advertising revenue from vested interests.

#savetheABC
The 'reach to regional areas' argument is somewhat overstated imo.

Also, to suggest that the ABC is the only news source that calls out politicians is bullshit. Typical rubbish that ABC fans spout that isn't backed up by the facts.

Don't get me wrong, I like some of their programs but I seriously question whether it provides value for money. I'd be happy to see it sold off and the money spent elsewhere.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There is no way they are non bias, Hack is also very left wing, it almost goes to the extent of seeking out minority groups that they can support, so much so that I find it very divisive.