What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
That moment when you are under the sheets with the Mrs, both about to go to sleep and suddenly you feel like you need to peel one and it keeps brewing and brewing. A sneaky one cheek sneak could quickly turn into an eruption but by the same token you are pretty comfy and don't want to move.

I f**ken hate that.

Avenger

Immortal
Really enjoying Jameson Irish Whiskey on the rocks lately. Puts many other more expensive Scotch Whiskeys to shame.

Dibs

Bench
That moment when you are under the sheets with the Mrs, both about to go to sleep and suddenly you feel like you need to peel one and it keeps brewing and brewing. A sneaky one cheek sneak could quickly turn into an eruption but by the same token you are pretty comfy and don't want to move.

I f**ken hate that.
I let it rip then hold the blankets over her head. Nothing like a good Dutch oven

strider

Post Whore
I let it rip then hold the blankets over her head. Nothing like a good Dutch oven
Anyone who marries you needs to know that they will need to smell what comes out of you ... pretty sure its one of the marriage vows

Gronk

Staff member
Really enjoying Jameson Irish Whiskey on the rocks lately. Puts many other more expensive Scotch Whiskeys to shame.

I like it too. Dan Murphy says that "It is matured in bourbon and oloroso sherry casks for between 4 and 7 years" which is like my fav scotch whisky. You'll pay a little more cos it's a single malt, but well worth it.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_914559/glenmorangie-nectar-d-or-700ml
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_21887/glenmorangie-the-lasanta-scotch-whisky-700ml
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_22055/glenmorangie-the-quinta-ruban-700ml

I've always got a bottle of Jameson in the cupboard. Don't drink it so much neat (though I used to), have it in a Whisky Mac in winter or a slight dash in a glass of Bailey's.

Of the cheaper single malts, I've become a big fan of Aberlour, which can be had for $60-$65 on special.

hybrideel

Bench
Got a bottle of Crown Royale deluxe Canadian whisky duty free on my cruise a few months back. $35US for 2 1 litre bottles. Was pleasantly surprised at the taste. Goes for $53 for a 750ml at Dan Murphys

Kornstar

Coach
Coles has those small cans of Vanilla Coke (200ml), I have 2 cans a weekend, very nice drop!

Woolworths don't sell them which shits me as my local shopping centre and where I do my shopping is Woolworths.

Gronk

Staff member
Coles has those small cans of Vanilla Coke (200ml), I have 2 cans a weekend, very nice drop!

Woolworths don't sell them which shits me as my local shopping centre and where I do my shopping is Woolworths.

My son has been told at school by the local NSW Police Traffic PR merkins that he can get done for DUI on his Ls or Ps (zero blood alcohol) after having food or drink with vanilla in it.

Kornstar

Coach
My son has been told at school by the local NSW Police Traffic PR merkins that he can get done for DUI on his Ls or Ps (zero blood alcohol) after having food or drink with vanilla in it.

Are they f**king kidding? So I could be charged with DUI even though I don't drink alcohol? Or at the very least blow over .0 when I don't drink?

Seems like there is a flaw in the technology! They seem to know about it too but haven't done anything about it........actually that's about the level of incompetence I expect from the government.......not blaming police either by the way, they can only do as they are instructed.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Be careful Korny, you could be on the slippery slope of addiction.

In my experience it starts with the Vanilla Coke and then you move on to cherry cola, wizz fizz etc. Before you know it you can't think straight without your sugar fix and are running around trying to suck the nectar out of people's heads.

Kornstar

Coach
Be careful Korny, you could be on the slippery slope of addiction.

In my experience it starts with the Vanilla Coke and then you move on to cherry cola, wizz fizz and before you know it you can't think straight without your sugar fix and are running around trying to suck the nectar out of people's heads.

How do you know I don't already have that problem? Have you seen some of my posts?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A mate I have played cricket with for 20 years just got told he has 3 months to live, brain tumor.

Geez life sucks sometimes.

Kornstar

Coach
A mate I have played cricket with for 20 years just got told he has 3 months to live, brain tumor.

Geez life sucks sometimes.

Thanks, Twiz! You just made my problems sound trivial (which they certainly are).

That's shit news, sorry to hear......

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What were his symptoms? Did he catch it late?

Woke up one morning and didn't know where he was, operated on the tumor and it was too late.

He gave so much to kids cricket, he coached more club and district cricketers than I have. Just one of the real nice blokes who deserve better. Its his family I feel for, the ones whole will leave behind to mourn.