What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
A more imporrant question, has anyone had NBN connected, looks suspiciously like it will be connected in my suburb before Xmas. Given ADSL 2 has got slower , I just wonder what the experience has been for getting connected and the actual reality of the faster speed

No idea WTF is happening with the NBN. Best email the Member for Warringah and ask him. He's the one who insisted on a half arsed copper rubbish system.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep, the Libs were the ones happy to spend squillions on something that will be out of date by they finally finish the NBN.

Delboy

First Grade
Didn't want a political discourse on the NBN, just wanted to know if anyone had connected recently. Oh well, apologies for asking

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I haven't had it connected recently, Delboy.

Actually, even if I have I'm not sure what I am looking for. There were some guys over the road the other day dressed in high vis and pointing at stuff, but maybe they were doing something else.

hybrideel

Bench
Got it connected un April. My connection speed went from 3mb/s with asdl2 to 98mb/s with nbn. I did take the highest speed option.
I also had to restart the router at least once a day previously because of dropouts. I think it may have happened twice in the 5 months i have had it
I had ussues wuth Optus as it took them 6 weeks and a dozen phone calls after it was connected to send the modem out.

Delboy

First Grade
My speed does not go above 1.3 Mbps, and dropouts are at least twice a day. It slows down even more after 5 pm when school is out and people get home after work. When I contact BigPond, they actually lie about the speed , it's just not worth talking to them Anymore as it's just scripted and you never get anyone in Australia

If only Kevin07 he actually planned and costed it properly , then we would of all been happy, then again he never did either of those 2 things ( just a right of centre response )

NBN is I guess more expensive, but if the connectivity improves that will be a significant improvement as well as the speed . I live 4km from th exchange here in Kellyville, so am at the extreme of the distance the ADSL works efficiently

hybrideel

Bench
I am over 5km. I couldn't even get broadband until adsl2+ came out. I have a feeling the service providers are forcing us to transfer by limiting support for adsl because once work was starting in nbn in my area the speed of adsl dropped significantly

Gronk

Staff member
Cq-iUTnWIAAMDuS.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
My speed does not go above 1.3 Mbps, and dropouts are at least twice a day. It slows down even more after 5 pm when school is out and people get home after work. When I contact BigPond, they actually lie about the speed , it's just not worth talking to them Anymore as it's just scripted and you never get anyone in Australia

If only Kevin07 he actually planned and costed it properly , then we would of all been happy, then again he never did either of those 2 things ( just a right of centre response )

NBN is I guess more expensive, but if the connectivity improves that will be a significant improvement as well as the speed . I live 4km from th exchange here in Kellyville, so am at the extreme of the distance the ADSL works efficiently

Shaun Micallef's history lesson on the NBN.

Gronk

Staff member
10 years ago we had the Virgin Mary at Coogee Beach.

348029-coogee-virgin-mary-apparition.jpg

I ran the Bondi coastal path down to Coogee around then and came across 1000's crying and praying over a freeking fence.

mary-fence.jpg

Latest posts