What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Those eastern suburbs latte sippin' toffs wouldnt know what hit em :wink:

At least he staff at the school encourage him to play any genre he likes. He does have to mix it up for the HSC however, so he's actually playing the above Pshycowatever metal thing, Joe Satriani as well as BB King.

Interestingly the school provides session musos to back the contemporary music students. Only the drummer could not play fast enough to the ^^ metal piece so he had to play solo with a backing track.

ash411

Bench
he's actually playing the above Pshycowatever metal thing, Joe Satriani as well as BB King.
I had to play a Joe Satriani song (always with me, always with you) as my major HSC performance in music, because it was the closest thing to "Classical" music I was willing to play that my teacher would allow.

Gronk

Staff member
Happy there plebiscite has been canned. Not happy that this will delay marriage equality.

Delboy

First Grade
Happy there plebiscite has been canned. Not happy that this will delay marriage equality.

2 things,
1 what is wrong with a plebiscite, would think it gets through, didn't we just have an election that covered the plebiscite
2 the Greens are a shambles and shouldn't have any influence on anything

A more imporrant question, has anyone had NBN connected, looks suspiciously like it will be connected in my suburb before Xmas. Given ADSL 2 has got slower , I just wonder what the experience has been for getting connected and the actual reality of the faster speed

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The plebiscite is a waste of money.

Why fight what is inevitable ?

Its fairly bloody obvious what everyone wants.

Gronk

Staff member
2 things,
1 what is wrong with a plebiscite, would think it gets through, didn't we just have an election that covered the plebiscite
2 the Greens are a shambles and shouldn't have any influence on anything

A more imporrant question, has anyone had NBN connected, looks suspiciously like it will be connected in my suburb before Xmas. Given ADSL 2 has got slower , I just wonder what the experience has been for getting connected and the actual reality of the faster speed

Because

a) Abbott and his churchy mates ensured that the plebiscite is non-binding. So politicians will vote how they want anyway. A few merkins have already said that they will vote with their conscience and ignore the results of the vote So why don't they just have a vote next Wednesday in parliament ?
b) Voting on plebiscites is not compulsory.
c) It will cost upwards of $180m for a fancy opinion poll.
d) It will cause an unnecessary ant-gay platform for the rednecks. LGBTI people do not deserve a public slanging match about their legitmacy and to be judged by others over something that is none of their business.
e) the last plebiscite was in 1977 (national anthem) and it took 7 years after that to implement. A plebiscite is merely a delay tactic by the conservatives.
f) the majority of Australians already want marriage equality. Save for Abbott and his mates, it would have already been actioned. Previously, your appointed representative has been able to vote of matters like euthanasia, cloning, abortion and the morning after pill - however they can't vote to allow all Australians to marry the person they love ?

Pull your heads in and make it happen.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah what's wrong with a plebiscite ? Let's do that, it's only fair.

j0BCZwh.gif

Latest posts