Non Tigers - Finals discussion & predictions

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by Clifferd, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Well I figured since our season is over and it's officially the off season we should have a little thread to discuss other teams finals chances. I know I'll be watching with keen interest

Storms grand final to lose imo but I feel Roosters, Brisbane and Cronulla can knock em off on their day.

Anyways with that being said who will you guys be bandwagoning? I'm on the panthers but I can't see them getting past the 1st week tbh. If not them then id probably like to see Cronulla go back to back. Can't stand the other teams

2. macnaz

macnaz First Grade

As much as ive always hated the Storm they have been the benchmark side all year and it would be a shame to lose it from here. Besides that i love watching JAC carve sides up .

3. magpie4ever

magpie4ever First Grade

Melbourne are over the line unless there is an injury to one of their spine players (cronk, munster, smith, slater).

Their losing opponents will be either Brisbane or Parramatta.

Clifferd likes this.
  4. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Yeah Melbourne deserve it more than anyone else. Would love to see JAC win it, have huge respect for him and totally out of his control re: leaving us.

On Melbourne, I think they're actually playing entertaining footy this year. Just absolutely blowing teams off the park. They are a step above the pack

In 2012 when they won it they were only beating teams like 12-6 or 14-10 etc and it was so fckin boring but credit to bellyache for changing them around

5. simmo05

simmo05 Juniors

Melbourne should win it, but so should have parra in 01. We can only hope for a St George like choke. Roosters for me, for reasons stated in another thread. And also if the roosters take it out, it almost garentees they wont win 1 next year when turdesco goes there!

Vic Mackey and macnaz like this.
  6. Tiger05

Tiger05 Bench

I love watching JAC as well. My 6 yo son watched him last year and he is the only player he knows.

macnaz likes this.
  7. simmo1

simmo1 Bench

For the good of Rugby League, I hope the final contains no combination of Roosters, Broncos and Storm.

I've hated Parra and their bandwagoning fans since I was a kid, so I hope they choke too.

Has happy for the Sharks last year, but I'd hate to see a merkin like Gallen go back-to-back.

f**k Manly. They are also in the Roosters/Storm/Broncos category.

So, yeah, hoping for Panthers v Cowboys, unless I'm missing a reason to hate these two as well.

8. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Juniors

I can confidently predict that the grand final will be
    the $$$$$ brown paper bags vs the $$$$$ boats and cars.

9. madunit

madunit Super Moderator Staff Member

Hard to see the Storm losing.

Can see them facing one of Sharks, Brisbane or Roosters in the big dance.

10. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Would enjoy seeing JAC and benji lighting up the big day..so those two for me

11. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

Prefer Benji to lighting up the big day in the '18 GF ! Geez that's one heck of a pipedream at the moment !!

12. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Storm could lose cronk and slater and id still back them to win the comp. Theyll probably play whoever wins out of roosters/broncos Saturday as they'll have the home prelim.

Can't see the sharks winning 3 tough games straight

Eels will go out in straight sets

Manly are the ones who might surprise. In turbox2, walker, DCE, taupau, korisau they have more game breakers then most. Could see them beating the roosters but not Brisbane or storm

Fully fit cowboys are the only ones who could beat the storm imo but they're shot

Tiger Ted likes this.
  13. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

No way I'm backing a team outside Sydney. They can all choke on a dozen donkey dicks. Storm should win given their form but it will be hilarious if they go down before the GF due to a career ending injury to Smith.

I'm backing Manly. They have a host of young guns who will likely wear (and already are) a blues jersey and I'm very impressed with their rebuild. I like the Panthers but I want them to crash and burn so IC can raid their players haha

I've never had any legitamite hatred for a player, not even Cameron Smith that f**king Queensland wanker, except for Moses. That little prick f**ked our club over purposefully and caused months of legitimate headaches for us so I hope Parra are knocked out by a cricket score

magpie_man, Tiger Ted and simmo05 like this.
  14. benched tiger

benched tiger Juniors

It's hard to go past Melbourne,but what I find assuming is some of their supporters I know have doubts about them taking out the title,Fu#king harden up and try following a basket case side if you want to know about doubt I say.

15. super_coach

super_coach Bench

I just admire the Storm and their ability to stay on top or near the top for so long. Every year they loose a few players to other clubs and every year Bellyache finds and devolves players to replace them. It just shows if you have three super stars all you have to do is surround them with athletes and the right attitude and you will be successful.

I hope the Storm win and win well, I see the Chooks and maybe Parra on their day as been the only team with any minimal chance and I hate both of them with a passion

16. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

It also greatly assists bellyaches recruitment plans that a moronic dysfunctional club gifts him a superstar super quick winger who scores a try per game !!

super_coach likes this.
  17. The Charlatan

The Charlatan First Grade

Penrith is the only team I can get behind. If they bow out the rest can get f**ked.

The ideal final will be Easts and Melbourne. Can't stand either team but they have been the best two teams all year IMO. Hopefully Easts bring the same game they did last time they met the Storm and push them to the 80th minute.

magpie_man likes this.
  18. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Haha. This Melbourne team is possibly the greatest team of the modern era, only Roosters 13' comes closest

Shortest favourites to ever win a comp this early from a gf, it'd be a massive choke for them to not go on with it

In hind sight, I wouldn't be surprised if the big 3 (slater, Cronk, smith) are putting absolutely everything they've got into making sure they win the premiership seeing as it'll most likely be there last ever chance (or window) to win one.

As much as we hate them, they probably deserve to go out winners...but how good would it be to see them fall at the last hurdle?

19. benched tiger

benched tiger Juniors

One once but twice,Korobete and JAC.

20. Radical Rat

Radical Rat Juniors

I hate them all. So I'm going with the Storm because it's just a default result no one cares about.

They have no fans so the gloating will be at a minimum.