What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Cinderella Men - Jordan Rapana?

Scubby

Juniors
Rapana's rise to top class NRL player at his age is quite remarkable. This guy was just bumming around from gig to gig until his mid-20s. Now he is right up there as one of the most dangerous players in the NRL.

Any similar or better examples of this type of late rise in the NRL?

Jonothan Thurston to some extent... he was 22 when he actually cemented a place in 1st grade. In his junior years he was labeled as 'too small' by Queensland coaches and was shunned even when he offered to play for free. Fast forward 10 years and he's leading Queensland and Australia - the ultimate f**k you.

adamkungl

Immortal
Cody Walker made his FG debut at age 26 and seemingly has the potential to be a rep quality player.

Hopefully Souffs continued failures in man management don't put the handbrakes on his career.

Floyduss

Juniors
Yeah Cody Walker is a good example. Crazy to think it took this long for him to make it to the NRL. I watched him for years in the ISP carving up wandering why he was still there.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
On rapana I can't believe the Raiders didn't face more competition for his signature when he resigned. Would have been a perfect replacement for semi

Paullyboy

Coach
I had no idea that Cody Walker was so old, I just figured he was 21 or 22.

Rapana's fend has come from nowhere. I'd be concerned if he was a Sharks player as we know how they magically improve, but it really has been something special to watch.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
He did debut for the Titans at 18 or 19 and there was big raps on him then.

It's all the shit that went on in between then to him being picked up by the Raiders that makes it such a good story.