What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Cinderella Men - Jordan Rapana?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
from what ive read some of the work rapana can do in the gym for someone his size and nothing short of astonishing. If I was going to guess he probably wasn't overly commited to this at the start of his career compared to now with the line breaks and tackle busts next to his name to show for it.

Ben Creagh

v9j3I6mkQGz1cbFUB-Vv-xyhQh-UYvkr8HvDNsudxsvIRaUNK2Hp7n1_42Hya9WcLVnY8qgL7_Jn8rdL9IIJgMaFRDPI9tthEx9t1BFAq1MpbVZz3w=w320-h240-nc

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Paul McGregor didn't play 1st grade till around mid twenties from memory, went on to play SOO and for Australia

Jeremy Smith would be another one I can think of

nick87

Coach
Is there anyone in your side you don't rate as the best in position?

I get the point you're trying to make
But this was probably the wrong post it make it on. Rapana is legitimately the best winger in the game right now haha

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Joe Galuvao

Fullback for the Warriors, pops up a couple years later as a second rower to win a premiership with the Panthers.

After changing clubs a couple of times he was basically put out to pasture until Manly swooped in. Found some vintage form and won another premiership with Manly.

simmo05

Bench
Joe Galuvao

Fullback for the Warriors, pops up a couple years later as a second rower to win a premiership with the Panthers.

After changing clubs a couple of times he was basically put out to pasture until Manly swooped in. Found some vintage form and won another premiership with Manly.
He did a stint with south didnt he?

nick87

Coach
Wot?

According to Fox Sports stat lab:

Rapana has more tries, try assists, runs, metres, line breaks than Vunivalu, more than double his tackle breaks, almost double his offloads, more tackles and less mistackles, less penalties, less try causes, less line break causes

The only place where Vunivalu wins is 16 errors to Rapanas 18. It's not even f**king close

Nofoaluma is the only one in the conversation (Mansour too but he hasn't played this year), but his defence is brutally bad.

Jordy Raps is pretty clearly the best winger in the game right now

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
David Simmons is worth a mention. A walking punchline early on, but had a cracking final few years. A very intelligent player in the end. Always knew where to be in attack and defence.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
David Simmons is worth a mention. A walking punchline early on, but had a cracking final few years. A very intelligent player in the end. Always knew where to be in attack and defence.

Great bloodlines too giving us another #1 draft pick in the nba

POPEYE

Coach
I get the point you're trying to make
But this was probably the wrong post it make it on. Rapana is legitimately the best winger in the game right now haha
He'd have to play Centre in Melbourne . . . I wish

Scott

Bench
Some say that Rapana was just bumming around for a few years unable to crack it. I thought he was doing his Morman mission??

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Some say that Rapana was just bumming around for a few years unable to crack it. I thought he was doing his Morman mission??
Did his mission then had a crack at yawnion. What a waste he would of been in that game.