What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 16s and 18s

blackandwhite

Juniors
Could somebody please explain me how a player the calibre of Wests Fullback James Tedesco gets completely left out?

The kid scores tries, saves tries, was an Australian schoolboy and is with the Tigers 20's now and they snub him.

I really do wonder who picks these teams and what criteria they use becuase many selections in this side dont make sence!

Nope..only thing I can think of is he was born in NSW and not New Zealand.

girvie

Staff member
Mataitonga has been one of the form players of both SG Ball and NYC so his selection is not a surprise.

blackandwhite

Juniors
Mataitonga has been one of the form players of both SG Ball and NYC so his selection is not a surprise.

Has he ?

Cronulla NYC had won 7 from 8 games when he wasn't in the team.
He has played in 4 NYC games and Cronulla only won 1 of those games.

Cronulla SG Ball won 5 from 10 games.
He scored 10 tries for SG Ball.

He was born in New Zealand
Not to mention the fact he is out "injured" at the moment.

Lets look at Tedesco

Wests SG Ball won 8 from 10 games
He scored 12 tries for SG Ball

He was born in NSW and has played for Australia.

isaiah

Bench
Has he ?

Cronulla NYC had won 7 from 8 games when he wasn't in the team.
He has played in 4 NYC games and Cronulla only won 1 of those games.

Cronulla SG Ball won 5 from 10 games.
He scored 10 tries for SG Ball.

He was born in New Zealand
Not to mention the fact he is out "injured" at the moment.

Lets look at Tedesco

Wests SG Ball won 8 from 10 games
He scored 12 tries for SG Ball

He was born in NSW and has played for Australia.

cronulla nyc went off the boil for a few weeks when stewart mills was promoted to the nrl

Didgi

NSW U18's v QLD U18's
LIVE SCORES BY : nswrl.com.au
1ST MINUTE:
Kick off here at ANZ Stadium and NSW team have made it to the QLD 10m line but one of the NSW boys looks to be injured. It looks like it is Ben Roose has done a knee. Heartbreaking stuff.
3RD MINUTE:
NSW stop a QLD attack and force a turn over on tackle one on the QLD 10m line. They are peppering the QLD line and Kyle "Sarge" Lovett barges over for a TRY. The NSW boys have looked dominant early. Conversion by Curtis Sironen is unsuccessful. NSW 4 - 0 QLD
6TH MINUTE:
Another good defensive set from NSW has them working their way from their own line from a 20m restart.
10TH MINUTE:
A neat kick from Wighton forces a drop out from QLD and from the ensuing set of six Jake Trbojevic went over but spilled the ball over the line. SO CLOSE!
15TH MINUTE:
Time off here as a QLD player receives some attention. He is assisted from the field and there is now only 15 minutes remaining in the half.
15TH MINUTE:
Michael Lichaa reaches out but drops the ball. Two tries gone begging for the Junior Blues
20TH MINUTE:
The Junior Blues force a mistake from QLD but again handling errors close to the line cost them. Possession, field position and all the running are with them. We just need to convert some of it into points.
25TH MINUTE:
NSW receive a penalty and are again smashing the QLD line, on fifth tackle a Jack Wighton kick is spilt by Jacob Gagan and QLD get another reprieve.
31ST MINUTE:
An early penalty to QLD gets them out of their red zone early but a forward pass hand NSW some more good field position.
33RD MINUTE:
NSW knock on from a QLD line dropout and QLD now have the ball 10m out on tackle fibe but from the ensuing grubber a brawl erupts. Will be interesting to see who goes here because every man and his dog was in there. Both captains get a warning. Good refereeing.
35TH MINUTE:
QLD get the penalty after the frakas but NSW hold them out with some desperate defense. A late shoulder charge from QLD gives NSW another attacking set of six.
43RD MINUTE:
Sam Coster is held up again. QLD's defense has been outstanding but NSW force another drop out. Surely they have to convert here!
45TH MINUTE:
TRY to Sam Coster! Coster barges his way over after being held up just seconds earlier. Sironen converts and NSW lead it 10-0
50TH MINUTE:
A fifth tackle penalty for a lifting tackle puts NSw under pressure but again the QLD attack comes up with nothing. Still 10-0 NSW.
54TH MINUTE:
TRY to QLD Tautau Moga after a good run up the middle from Zac Santo. Anthony Gadd nails it from the sideline and we have a game on our hands! NSW lead 10-6
56TH MINUTE:
TRY Michael Lichaa answers straight back for NSW and with only minutes remaining, surely it is game to NSW!
58TH MINUTE:
Newcastle's Kurt Mann throws a big cut out pass but it misses everyone and NSW get the ball and will look to close out the match here.
FULL TIME
NSW continues it's dominance in the Junior Rep fixtures, winning 16-6. Let's hope the NSW VB Blues can do the same!

As I said in the other thread... I think Moga will be playing the full game in the future.

girvie

Staff member
Thought Klemmer was man of the match followed by Lovett.

Also Sam Coster had a great game as replacement lock. He was great at Harold Matthews for North Sydney 2 years ago and I think he is at the Dragons next year.

blackandwhite

Juniors
Thought Klemmer was man of the match followed by Lovett.

Also Sam Coster had a great game as replacement lock. He was great at Harold Matthews for North Sydney 2 years ago and I think he is at the Dragons next year.

Klemmer and Lovett are class players.

Your man Nesiasi didn't go too flash from what the boys tell me....What a surprise !

Ghipo

Juniors
Could somebody please explain me how a player the calibre of Wests Fullback James Tedesco gets completely left out?

The kid scores tries, saves tries, was an Australian schoolboy and is with the Tigers 20's now and they snub him.

I really do wonder who picks these teams and what criteria they use becuase many selections in this side dont make sence!
Wests Tigers on Friday, 30th September held their Grand Final Luncheon in which they have named the player awards for the 2011 season.

Coaches Award (Toyota Cup)/ Player of the future - James Tedesco

Your a champion Teddy.... what a bunch of twits we have for NSW selectors.
Tedesco is now training with the NRL squad....where is what's his name ?