What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW forwards dominance

Canard

Immortal
Any reason why Wade Graham and Luke Lewis aren't picked?

I reckon they would be definite selections if Queenslanders.

isaiah

Bench
deadset how good are these kids going to be for years to come?

woodsy 24
tamou 26
klemmer 21
fafita 25
merrin 25

klemmer's potential is unlimited, his coming of age is what is making the others go to the next level.

qld on the other hand, maguire is an origin midget the next danny nutley just not good enough, lillyman was a pillow. honestly what have they got?
One half a game does not make a career. How good was lillyman. Best bench performance in origin since berrigan.

chigurh

One half a game does not make a career. How good was lillyman. Best bench performance in origin since berrigan.

Lillyman was incredible. Papa too, hitting like a sledgehammer all night. Anyone see Gallens face post game? It was f****d. Just the most brutal forward display in Origin history.

CJ talks up NSW's pack, next minute...:lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Merrin was poor too. Do you think friz would have made an impact?

I think Friz is ready to take the next step, look forward to him playing a big part in 2016. Merrin is still class, but he's so f*cking dumb.

Geez his missus goes good though.

Talent most likely won't be an issue. Experience will be though. It could be another 2 years of a weakening forward pack followed by another 2 years of an inexperienced forward pack. If NSW win this year, I think they are a pretty good chance of winning 5 or 6 in a row.

If I was Mal I would be looking to make significant changes to the forwards next year but I doubt he will

I'd avoid a career change to prognosticator if I were you.

QLD have had many forwards who have been average in club football and lift massively for Origin (e.g Dallas Johnson and Ashley Harrison). I wouldn't be predicting years of dominance for NSW just yet.

Someone who thinks, as opposed to swallowing the hype.

Just destroyed up front. I reckon Klemmer will bounce back though, hopefully he learns from this and continues to evolve into a great player.

He might turn out to be like Pearce. Destroyed year after year and becoming a better player for the experience. Is that the evolution you mean?

Kiwi

First Grade
Also missed wighton, Roberts and Moylan.

Who's QLD got coming through?

B Hunt
Milford
Elgey
J Nikorima
Taylor
Oates
Arrow
Molo
Ofahengaue
Perrett
Bateman
Mbye
Holmes
Granville
K Sims
Napa
H Hunt
Mann
Munster
Feeney
Hess
Grevsmuhl
E Lee
B Lee
Copely
Drew
McCullough
Moseley
Segeyaro

Still young are

Morgan
Papali
McGuire
Gillett
Chambers
Gagai
Friend
DCE
Guerra

Still around 28

Inglis
Boyd

QLD will be fine

Cronk, Smith and Thurston will retire in the next few years and guys like Hunt, Morgan, DCE ( maybe ), Milford, Elgey, Friend, McCullough, Segeyao etc will fill the voids while NSW will still be deciding who is the lesser shit player out of Hodgkinson, Pearce, Malony, and Reynolds ( either one ) while trying to squeeze another series out of Farrah or Ennis.

In 2/3 years time

1 - Inglis
2 - Boyd
3 - Gagai
4 - Chambers
5 - Munster
6 - Morgan/Milford
7 - Hunt
8 - McGuire
9 - Friend
10 - Napa
11 - Gillett
12 - Guerra
13 - Oates

14 - Morgan/Milford
15 - Ofahengaue
16 - Papali
17 - Grevsmuhl

With the likes of K Sims, Bateman, Molo, Perrett and Granville pushing for spots. Like I said QLD will be fine, NSW on the other hand might want to HOPE their young hopefuls, especially in the spine step up from under 20's otherwise they be f**ked. As shown this year, you can have a good forward pack, but without a decent spine you can forget it.