What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game 2 team

NSW playing at home in front of 84,000 passionate Blues fans will be a different proposition in game 2. Reality has never been your forte though has it derpy?
How will that help when pearce has one option in the QLD 20.Put a ball up & hope for the best..

MSIH

Bench
So a QLD supporter is not allowed to post in a NSW thread.
I hope you give the same advice to NSW fans commenting on QLD threads
& this has nothing to do with AFL..
I was commenting on why your miserable team keeps failing..
Go back to your circle jerk about Junior junior ,I will keep laughing at you lot looking for reasons why your team keeps losing.
It's staring you in the face ...
7.M.Pearce.

Nah, keep posting in here. It's just that you named two halfbacks who would cop as much flak as Pearce would, and would probably offer less. It's easy to keep saying Pearce shouldn't be the halfback, but the fact is there is no other options, a fact all NSW fans acknowledge but something you're struggling to grasp. Hence why you should stick to your anti-AFL agenda, something you're actually passionate about.

Mr Fourex

Bench
NSW playing at home in front of 84,000 passionate Blues fans will be a different proposition in game 2. Reality has never been your forte though has it derpy?

84,000.....?? :lol:

Are they giving away seats again this year..?

and for the record I don't know what you're on about.....I said it'll be a good contest.

What more do you expect me to say?

glockers

Juniors
Buhrer didn't do anything wrong, but his involvement in the game wasn't / wont be necessary. We don't need him or an impact hooker, Farah is the best hooker in NSW by a margin and has been for a while now.
Creagh, Williams, Buhrer are the only changes necessary imo.

Disagree with one thing. Buhrer did plenty wrong, watch a replay and note his dismal passing. Low flat shit that was forcing his runners to lunge towards the ground to catch the ball. Lost all forward momentum with him on.

glockers

Juniors
And once again, Gallen should be playing in his best position - which is lock. As good as he plays at prop, he is even better at lock and we now have Galloway, Grant and Woods waiting in the wings. I'd be bringing two of those three in. Then Gallen to lock, Lewis to the bench, drop Buehrer and Williams (injury only).

Would also bring in Watmough for Creagh.

And once again, Gallen should be playing in his best position - which is lock. As good as he plays at prop, he is even better at lock and we now have Galloway, Grant and Woods waiting in the wings. I'd be bringing two of those three in. Then Gallen to lock, Lewis to the bench, drop Buehrer and Williams (injury only).

Would also bring in Watmough for Creagh.

please tell us, what is a lock?

I rarely see the #13 locking a scrum these days.

broncos70

Juniors
I'm wondering why Tim Mannah and TLL are such outcasts? should be the 2 front rowers NSW stick with the next few yrs along with Tamou and possibly Woods. If they want a Woods type of front rower then they should pick Tolman, who has been consistently great for a long time. I think it'd be silly for Sticky to pick another debutant in such a big match.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akilua Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Trent Merrin
15. Aaron Woods
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Josh Reynolds
18th man Tim Grant

R2Coupe

Juniors
I'm wondering why Tim Mannah and TLL are such outcasts? should be the 2 front rowers NSW stick with the next few yrs along with Tamou and possibly Woods. If they want a Woods type of front rower then they should pick Tolman, who has been consistently great for a long time. I think it'd be silly for Sticky to pick another debutant in such a big match.

Woods is a very different calibre of prop to Tolman.

timka4

Bench
Woods and Tolman are very different. Tolman is good for club because he gains good metres, but his metres per run are inferior to those bigger props with a bit of mobility such as Grant, Woods, Mannah, Merrin and to a slight lesser extent Galloway (slight less mobility, but has returned to great club form) etc. Tolman isn't as potent and would get eaten up by the QLD forward pack imo.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
not sure if it has been mentioned or if anyone cares but Ricky was at the Raiders vs Tigers game last night. possibly good news for Woods and Farah(you never know with the blues) might get picked and basically none of the raiders will get selected after that effort.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Woods and Watmough look likely to be in for Buhrer and T Rex.

Grant will no doubt get a shot one day.

Ladmate

Bench
My Game 2 team:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Greg Bird
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. Luke Lewis
15. Trent Merrin
16. Aaron Woods
17. Anthony Watmough

4 props + Paul Gallen means we dominate up front. This team has got a balance of everything, and I think we can win the next two games with this team. Gallen roves all around the field, he does what he normally does, but him at lock allows us to have 4 props.

My Game 2 team:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Greg Bird
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. Luke Lewis
15. Trent Merrin
16. Aaron Woods
17. Anthony Watmough

4 props + Paul Gallen means we dominate up front. This team has got a balance of everything, and I think we can win the next two games with this team. Gallen roves all around the field, he does what he normally does, but him at lock allows us to have 4 props.

Gallen can roam around the park all he likes for Cronulla, but at this level with players of similar ability around him, he needs to play to a specified role. Otherwise, he'll just get in the way. Same with Farah. Frankly, as #13 for NSW, Gallen's game won't change too much from what he has been doing anyway. He would be the middle forward alongside the props, Bird would shift to the left in attacking set plays and defend alongside Pearce, and G Stewart would keep to the right.

Don't like the Galloway selection at all. Was selected in Game 3 last year and looked a couple of gears too slow for Origin. Not an Origin player IMO. As I've posted before, good club form doesn't necessarily mean a player is ready for rep, or is a rep player. There need to be certain attributes selectors need to identify in a player to be suitable for this level. NSW has just been through so many props because they are simply in good club form against inferior opposition in the lead-up to the series, but then have no impact at all in Origin.

Latest posts