What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW halves 2015?

NSW halves?

• Maloney 7 Austin 7

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Dogs halves must stay

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Pearce 7 Maloney 6

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Adam reynolds 7 Austin 6

Votes: 36 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johnnie Red

Juniors
I cant see Laurie going away from his beloved club combination...Pearce and Maloney will get the nod and NSW will continue to be dominated in the kicking department.

I hope Laurie has the balls to make some tough decisions but i think he will play it safe.

kokz2014

Juniors
7. Hodkinson
6. Austin

Wow you NSW fans must really want to lose with Pearce? Come again, why he debut in 2008, 2010 and played the full SOO series in 2011,2012,2013 and showed no form at all and also losing the SOO? Hot form during NRL season and Crap form during SOO?

Along came Hodkinson who pretty much won the game for NSW. Doggies are currently not in form as a team but Hodkinson is still playing good footy. Deserves to retain his spot no matter what.

I like the idea of Austin even if they use him as a bolter is good enough.

7. Mitchell Pearce
6. Jamie Soward

Maloney is just a poor version of Soward

Hodgkinson is shite, Reynolds is crazy,

The best of both worlds then:
pearcesucks_zpsec926def.gif

lfl2f.gif

If both are selected, then Pearce's only role is to pass to Soward. :cool:

isaiah

Bench
I cant see Laurie going away from his beloved club combination...Pearce and Maloney will get the nod and NSW will continue to be dominated in the kicking department.

I hope Laurie has the balls to make some tough decisions but i think he will play it safe.

Playing safe? Pearce and maloney. Lol

Hutty1986

Immortal
Soward and A Reynolds easily the best 2 halves in NSW(pity Reyno's out yet again). Really warming to the idea of Austin off the bench though, great running game, tough and ultra competitive.

Pus and Failoney will get picked though, along with inexplicable other chooks selections like Topou and Cordner.

ram raid

Bench
Hokko and Pearce isn't the worst idea. Hokko can just be a rudder and control field position and hopefully get a few repeat sets. Pearce can hopefully bring some of his club form into origin.

ram raid

Bench
State of Origin 2015: Mitchell Pearce says he’s ready to finally lead the Blues to Origin glory

MITCHELL Pearce has a direct message for his doubters and haters — I won’t let NSW down this time.

Pearce, 26, was spectacularly recalled to the NSW side yesterday after being dumped last year over an alcohol related incident in a Kings Cross nightclub.

The Sydney Roosters playmaker has been heavily maligned at Origin level — but he is back feeling confident, fresh and mentally ready.

“I am definitely a better player than when I last played (for NSW in 2013). I have learnt a lot, especially what works for me,” Pearce told The Daily Telegraph.

“Mentally I believe in myself a lot more now. I am a lot more confident in my strengths as a player and a person. I think I have always had the ability but I believe in myself more and I have the right mental approach.

“There was definitely some doubt there and a lot of negativity. It was how I handled the game and the setbacks. Everyone was in the same position, it wasn’t just me on the field.

“I didn’t handle the setbacks maybe as well as other players. But I have learnt from those lessons. I am more confident coming here (into NSW camp) because I know I if I play my best everything will take care of itself.

“You have doubts every now and then but I feel more in control of myself. I know what I am as a player and what my strengths are and what I bring to a team.

“When I was younger I was probably trying do everything and was working myself out. I feel really proud and privileged to be called back into a winning side. I don’t want to let them down.”

Pearce’s NSW sides have won just three of 12 games. He has never won a series. Pearce admitted he wasn’t ready when first called into Origin.

“Definitely, in hindsight,” he said. “You get picked because they wanted you here and there is some regret about wishing I could have handled it better but it was what it was at that time.”

But his hunger and desire to succeed at Origin level burns harder each year.

“I am still only pretty young so I backed myself,” he said. “I thought if I do everything right and get to where I want as a player then I will be putting my hand up for an opportunity.

“I always believe that and always backed myself. I have done the work and worked hard.”

Former Roosters team-mate, Anthony Minichiello backed Pearce’s return.

“I am proud of ‘Junior’, what’s he gone through over the last couple of years. From my point of view, he is a much more composed and mature player now than when he last played for NSW. He certainly deserves his spot,” Minichiello said.

NSW coach Laurie Daley added: “Mitch is a guy I have a lot of time for and I know he can add value to this team,” Daley said. “He is a guy everyone is excited to play alongside.”

Pearce and Canterbury’s Trent Hodkinson will form the NSW halves.

Both are halfbacks, Pearce to wear the number six jumper.

Origin football this time last year though must have seemed an impossible mission for Pearce, issued with an infringement notice for failing to leave a club and then banned from Kings Cross for 48 hours.

“I take the full blame. I brought it all on myself, that’s the past now,” he said.

Hodkinson will be calming influence on Pearce.

The pair will start working on combinations on Wednesday inside the NSW camp at Coffs Harbour.

“It will be about adding our own spice to it I suppose,” Pearce said. “Trent is quite composed. He has a very calm demeanour and looks like a good organiser.

“That allows me …. I think I play my best when I run the ball and I know Loz wants me to do that. It will be something I will be focusing on.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-to-origin-glory/story-fni3fqyo-1227360494649

So it begins. The Myth must be told again. He can do it this time.

"I'm a better player".

"I won't let you down".

"If we don't win I won't play Origin again".

Wrong. On all counts.

Latest posts