What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

hellteam

First Grade
It doesn't take cooper to nullify a good ball runner. Have a look at Idris vs the Dragons. I am pretty sure cooper hardly laid a finger on Idris due to Hornby and Kimmorley's flat balls.

Well, it helps. I just rate Cooper because every time the Broncs play the Dragons he's all over Hodges. Inglis in Origin is a bit different though. Although actually they'll probably keep Cooper left, which means playing Tahu out of position on the right, idiots.

Red Bear

Referee
The NSW Origin side will be:

1. Gidley
2. B Morris
3. Cooper
4. Tahu
5. Hayne
6. Lyon
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Perry
11. Creagh
12. Waterhouse
13. Watmong

Bench - Learoyd-Lahrs, L. Lewis, Idris, B. White
facepalm23.jpg

azzah72

Bench
Dunno what it will be, have no mail, but it should be:

1.Gidley
2.Hayne
3.Lyon
4.Jennings
5.Morris

6.Bird
7.Kimmorley

8.Weyman
9.Ennis
10.Perry

11.Whatmough
12.Lewis
13.Gallen

14.Waterhouse
15.TLL
16.Creagh
17.Snowden

Red Bear

Referee
Seriously, Idris and the Halves are dumb, dumb decisions.

Lyon doesnt give a sh*t about rep footy, so why keep picking him? A player like Campese, Sutton would be very good if actually backed at rep level IMO, especially if the forward pack plays as well as it can. Kimmorley played well in that game last year but he stifles those around him. Although there aren't many others I can think of who should be picked at halfback, because Hornby doesnt want to play (although he'd do a decent job at the moment, if we actually picked a good 5/8 outside him) and Pearce is injured.

Less said about Idris being picked the better.

Still, enjoy your 5th series Qld!

nrlnrl

First Grade
more scoops than an ice cream parlour, lookout Danny Weeeeedler

this was the squad in the papers today, so Ch10 & all the others claiming they were leaked the team exclusively can stop puffing their chests out

Last edited:

IanG

Coach
NSW Side named for Origin 1
1. Kurt Gidley ©
2. Jaryd Hayne
3. Timanah Tahu,
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Brett Kimmorley
13. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Creagh
11. Trent Waterhouse
10. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
8. Josh Perry
Interchange:
14. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
15. Jamal Idris
16. Luke Lewis
17. Brett White

Tommy Smith

Referee
It will be said 1000 times but that is a stunningly bad team. How having someone like Idris on the bench can be of more benefit than having perhaps the games best backrower in Paul Gallen there is hard to believe...

And when NSW have struggled endlessly to put enough points on the board to match QLD im stunned that they would pick a centre at 5/8 over a genuine option like Campese, Carney, Barrett or Finch...

And that's just the start of the problems really. I wont even delve too deeply into the fact that Kurt Gidley isn't even in the top 2 FBs from NSW. Coote isn't far behind him either at this stage...

Tommy Smith

Referee
Also, does anyone have any mail on whether or not Michael Jennings shagged one of the selectors daughters or something?

He's NSW most dangerous centre, proving as much yesterday and he gets dropped...WTF?

kickback

Juniors
Love the side NSW>>>>>>> Really what are you thinking down there? your halfs are a joke, Lyon should never be picked he does'ent give a sh*t about SOO he will go missing when it gets to hard, Kimmorley had a good match in game 3 but just cant see him back it up this year. Gidley your (C) and fullback????? Tahu marking Ingalis ????

all i can say is thankyou NSWRL

Adsy

Juniors
F*cking discusted with some of those choices.

So Phil Gould is a NSW selector? How the f*ck does Idris get a bench spot for NSW?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
They talk about keeping Game 3 2009 team together but yet they pick Tahu who has done nothing all year ahead of Jennings and Morris?

Spot On

Coach
Also, does anyone have any mail on whether or not Michael Jennings shagged one of the selectors daughters or something?

He's NSW most dangerous centre, proving as much yesterday and he gets dropped...WTF?

I saw Jennings score one good try yesterday - the other two were simply pick the ball up and dive over. Uate on the other hand is scoring some brilliant tries. Now that bloke is what you would call "dangerous" with the ball in hand.

However, Tahu must be wondering what it is he has done to gain selection as a starting centre in the NSW Origin team because on form he wouldn't be a sniff. Way off the pace this bloke. Can't really say there is anything he has done this season that would make any sort of highlights reel. There have, however, been many poor performances, lots of dropped ball, inept defensive displays and absolutely horrible passes to his winger on almost a weekly basis. Oh, hang on, I think he may have scored a try at the start of the season from a Jarrad Hayne bust at Parra Stadium? That's about it.

Iafeta

Referee
Idris is rewarded for running up and in the other night to allow them to get a 60m try, but he's a good bloke for chasing back?! Tahu gets a gig because he loves coming up and in and allow short passes to get past him with ease. LOL. Demolition job coming up.

BDH

Juniors
As a QLDer, I'm confused with this side. However;

Does anyone think Bellamy might be doing a "Meninga", and has plans for a last minute backline reshuffle???

1. Hayne
2. Tahu
3. Cooper
4. Lyon (maybe Idis)
5. Morris
6. Gidley
7. Kimmorley

Bench; Idris (maybe Lyon)

Could this selected side be NSW smoke and mirrors???

Latest posts