What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

beave

Coach
I don't like rubbing it in, but f#$k me that is a terrible side, I would be pretty dirty right now if I was a blue, but I'm not............................ ;-)

boonboon

Juniors
Gallen was unlucky, Idris was lucky but I see why each selection was made and as such I think it is the right side Backline is the one I would have gone with, I think our front row is sh*t but in saying that it is also the best we can do, backrowers are grat, for me gallen just gives away too many penalties in an origin contest which can be handled when he is in top form but not when he has been down on form and the bench is great i think, Idris is a risk but definatly will give impact and allows the flexibility to replace any back especially with Tahu in the centres allowing him to move to wing, hayne to fullback (which allows Hayne to get some fullback which is essential and gidley to go in the halves or hooker for when ennis runs out of puff about 20 minutes in

farmeister

Juniors
I know we all like to criticize the NSW selectors but we really shouldn't. It's just that we resent them because they are so much more intelligent, insightful, and brilliant than we are. They see and understand and respond to things in a way that we mere mortals could never hope to emulate.

Let me clarify with a couple of examples:

Example 1 (2009):
Jamie Lyon: "I don't want to play for NSW"

What a normal person thinks: "Do we really want to have someone on the team who doesn't have his heart in it? Besides, it's not like he's ever really accomplished much for NSW anyway. We should pick somebody else."

What a NSW selector thinks: "What does he mean, he doesn't want to play for NSW? We'll show him! Jamie Lyon for NSW!!!"

Example 2 (2010):
Jamie Lyon: "Center is my best position. Pick me there, not at 5/8."

What a normal person thinks: "Origin is not the time to select players out of position. And for such an important position as 5/8, do you really want to pick someone who's not 100% confident playing there? Either pick Lyon in the centers or leave him out of the squad."

What a NSW selector thinks: "How dare he have an opinion on what position he should play! He'll play where we tell him to play!! Center, 5/8...it's all the same anyway!! Jamie Lyon for NSW 5/8!"

I hope that helps.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Idris is the new Wolfman. Talked up deluxe by channel 9, but in actual fact offers very little. He can be a useful wrecking ball against a team that doesn't aim up in defence, but that is about it. Josh Morris should be seething at missing out. So should Dugan. As has already been said, if Idris is ready, than so is Dugan. But Dugan has one key advantage - he is the goods, and he is in form. And if we must have a reserve back (which we don't really need with Lewis and Creagh in the team), then Dugan would have been a far better pick (although I would have put him at fullback, and Gidley on the bench if in the team at all).

I'm still disgusted (as I have been for the last 2-3 years) with the selectors approach to picking a halves pairing. They seem to have no concept of building for the future, so they pick tired old players or players out of position. Give a pair of kids a go, and stick with them for a full series. When they have picked young blokes, they've given up after one game. If they ahd had two brain cells to rub together a couple of years ago and picked one of Mullen, Wallace, or Pearce with an experienced partner at 5/8 and shown a bit of faith, we might now have a good, young, Origin-standard halfback.

Matt23

Staff member
5 in a row...terrible team, are the selectors Queensland fans in disguise, Lyon at 5/8 has Bozo's grubby hands all over it.

MSIH

Bench
Lyon in the 6 = Not as big a joke as Gidley No.1 and Captain. That is truly embarrassing.

adamkungl

Immortal
Still pissed...I knew they would pick a sh*t side, but this is the worst one yet.
Why isn't Lewis in the starting side? Why isn't Gallen there? ARGH.

They've f**ked themselves for years to come by making sh*tley the captain. As incumbent captain he will always be selected. What a stupid hole they've dug themselves into.

The one positive is Pearce and Carney aren't having their rep careers butchered by spastics like Perry and White.

Parraren

Bench
Hopefully sanity prevails and we run out like this...

1.Hayne
2.Morris
3.Cooper
4.Tahu
5.Idris
6.Lyon
7.Kimmorley
8.Weyman
9.Ennis
10.Perry
11.Creagh
12.Watmough
13.Lewis

14.Gidley
15.Waterhouse
16.TLL
17.White

Matt23

Staff member
Hopefully sanity prevails and we run out like this...

1.Hayne
2.Morris
3.Cooper
4.Tahu
5.Idris
6.Lyon
7.Kimmorley
8.Weyman
9.Ennis
10.Perry
11.Creagh
12.Watmough
13.Lewis

14.Gidley
15.Waterhouse
16.TLL
17.White
I agree with that team, but who would you have as Captain, Lewis or Kimmorley?

Moffo

Referee
i'm willing to give idris a go. he is big, will have a go and perhaps rattle one or two of them. i think the last few years has been characterised by us lacking someone like that

anyway, on to the disgraceful selections. show me one play maker in that team? answer: there isn't. lyon and kimmorley are as about as creative as a 3am turd after 15 schooners

lyon - he isn't a 5/8. typical bozo selection
watmong - what has he done this year? not bashed someone up? good on ya son
gidley - what a joke, shouldn't even be in the team. must know something about one of the selectors
kimmorley - no thanks, i'm a dogs fan but he is past it
perry - fat grubby f**k. another bozo selection
creagh - useless player in origin. won't combine with any of the players
brett white - big goof. so many better forwards running around then him

hindy, dugan, gallen and jennings all very unlucky to miss out

Parraren

Bench
I agree with that team, but who would you have as Captain, Lewis or Kimmorley?

Kimmorley. He's a good leader.

Still think the side needs a genuine 5/8.

Hopefully Hayne & Lewis can ball play like they do for their clubs. It might work...

Parraren

Bench
anyway, on to the disgraceful selections. show me one play maker in that team? answer: there isn't. lyon and kimmorley are as about as creative as a 3am turd after 15 schooners

Hayne & Lewis are the only 2 genuine ball players.

Trouble is, one is on the wing, the other on the bench...:?

Tweed Titan

Bench
Are we boned?

Yeah, we're boned.....

f**k I can still pray for a miracle though....
Or at the very least a cleanout of the selectors after this series if the poo hits the ceiling.

Matt23

Staff member
If Queensland do win again this year, then there's only one man that can resurrect the blues...
396a87cda65273f8

timka4

Bench
dear oh dear oh dear, the team wont go as bad as everyone is saying.... i don't think so anyways........ but still a few better selections could have been made.
The frustration is beyond me.
Because if we do loss this game (yes there is a chance of winning still i believe) its gonna be a major re shuffle of players. Kimmorley will be out, lyon out of 5/8th maybe even team, lewis will probably get dropped again like he always does, when we lose, although its never his fault.

And its not as if we are in the position to "keep the team together" for the entire series, because if they do fail thats 5 in a row, its not as if we have only lost 1 or maybe even 2 in a row.

I still do believe though no matter what team we picked, everyone would have been upset anyways. So everyone join together cross our fingers and just support our blues aye?

Latest posts