What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Prop

Booyah

Bench
Bailey has one spot for sure.

As for the other spot, I don't think there has been anyone who has really stood up and grabbed it. There have been some strong performances from the usual contenders though.

As long as Josh Perry doesn't make it, I don't care.

Nook

Bench
Skandalis has been the form prop of the competition, and is playing the best footy of his career.

If he keeps it up for the next few weeks, he must go close.
He isn't useless - he is tough as, and while not as dynamic as someone like Clinton is pound for pound just as valuable for any team. He has to keep his form up though - he has struggled for consistency in the past.

miccle

Bench
Bailey, Davico, Skandalis and Clinton are the top 4 imo... all 4 should be there!

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Original Eye said:
8. L Bailley
10. J Clinton

J Ryles on the bench.

Ryles will have been out of the game for about a year & might not even be back from his very serious shoulder injury by the time Origin comes around...

Cheers,
Ben S.

innsaneink

Referee
John Skandalis has been playing awsomely this year for Wests....as someone else mentioned, consistency has been his downfall in the past, though he's been up with our best all season so far and bench for the blues would be a deserving reward.

Cupid Stunt

What does Clinton do that deserves a spot? I know ch9 love him so his name is bandied about quite frequently but it's Lang that goes the hard yards in that team. Skando is playing good football & has been for the last couple of years but it would seem he is in the wrong colours. Woolnough was mentioned earlier & I have to admit he would definitly make at least a training squad for mine. As a pure dark horse type I could see Lance Thompson getting a chance as well.

8. Bailey
9. Priddis
10. Davico

Res: Skandalis, Woolnough.

Cupid Stunt said:
What does Clinton do that deserves a spot? I know ch9 love him so his name is bandied about quite frequently but it's Lang that goes the hard yards in that team. Skando is playing good football & has been for the last couple of years but it would seem he is in the wrong colours. Woolnough was mentioned earlier & I have to admit he would definitly make at least a training squad for mine. As a pure dark horse type I could see Lance Thompson getting a chance as well.

8. Bailey
9. Priddis
10. Davico

Res: Skandalis, Woolnough.

Problem with that is, Lang is a Queenslander.

Woolnough? Is playing well but too many big names for him to make it.

Clinton runs hard every time he gets the ball, and makes more tackles than most other props.

Cupid Stunt

I didnt mean claim Lang, just that on the Panthers he is the hard man, not Clinton. Clintons ball security is suspect at best & his tackle count isnt that impressive. Yes he does beat some props but there are enough ahead of him as well.

Cupid Stunt said:
I didnt mean claim Lang, just that on the Panthers he is the hard man, not Clinton. Clintons ball security is suspect at best & his tackle count isnt that impressive. Yes he does beat some props but there are enough ahead of him as well.

Fair enough. I'd have Clinton for his hit-ups though, not his tackling.

hrundi99

First Grade
Bailey
Davico

Clinton on the Bench

Rhino can take Statue's spot in the next few years.

Rhino's just as good as Clinton (if not better), but he doesn't get enough game time at the moment to really show off his skills.

McGrime

Juniors
This weekend's Saints Vs Wests Tigers will give the selectors a real look at Skandalis Vs Bailey If Skando can perform he is a real chance for a SOO bench spot. It will also be interesting to see how Bryce Gibbs the young Tigers prop goes against the Dragons I think he has only played 3 first grade games but went well against Sharks & Brisbane