What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

skeepe

Immortal
McManus is very lucky tonights game isn't taken into account. If Monaghan is in his position tonight, he has a hat-trick already. McManus has 3 dropped balls instead.

mxlegend99

Referee
He may still make it if Stewart is suspended or Gallen injured. I don't have any real objection to anyone selected, except for probably Jennings.
So your only issue is selecting the form back of the NRL? :lol:

If we want to beat QLD we need some blokes like Jennings in the side. We can't score points with Matt Cooper in the centres. QLD still manage to rack up scores against our defensive sides though.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I agree that Lewis is very unlucky to miss out, but Wing will do the job. He can play hooker, five-eighth, halfback or lock.

thenry

Juniors
As a QLD supporter, that is exactly the team I didn't want to see. Well done to the selectors for bringing in the freshies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Bloody hell. Luke Lewis has been named 18th man which I think means he has to be in camp for backup and I don't think he's available for us. That really annoys me!
They can't deny him from playing for us unless he is a certainty to play for them can they?

They will keep him in the camp during the week, and if he isn't going to play for NSW we should have him for the Dragons game.

If he doesn't play for Panthers or NSW i'll have f**king had it with these idiot selectors. Disrupting his season and ours without actually letting him play.

Bodsy

Juniors
I'm happy with wing on the bench, he won't let NSW down.

Smart, He can Play dummy half, more value than Lewis

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Lewis will be in the side, Gallen and/or Stewart are as good as gorn.

mxlegend99

Referee
Lewis might be a candidate if he ends up in the squad. He would be more likely then some blokes picked ahead of him due to having experience. ie. Farah would be a great choice, but it's a lot of pressure for a debutant.

Plus if he is in the squad, it's likely because Gallen is out injured.

Dazzat

First Grade
An attack-centric NSW team. As a Queensland supporter, happy to see Jamie (don't pick me) Lyon, James (solid but no brilliant) McManus, Ben (over-rated) Creagh, and Paul (at least four penalties a game) Gallen picked.

Also interesting that there's not one 'tradesman-type' forward in the team - the type picked for tackle count rather than attack. This will count at the back-end of the game IMO. Queensland have Johnson and Smith ... who will take an incredible amount of pressure from their fellow forwards. Who will NSW count on?