What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ ANZAC Test Team predictions

Scott

Bench
1. RTS
2. Fusitua
3. Whare
4. Kahu
5. Rapana
6. Foran
7. Johnson
8. J.Bromwich (c)
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Proctor
12. Mannering
13. Taumalolo

14. Taupau
15. k.Bromwich
16. JWH
17. TMM

Assuming Harris is still out injured.

Big Marn

Juniors
is Moses Suili available to play for NZ?
He is still abit raw but i was very impressed with him watching the tigers vs cowboys game on the weekend.

Cold Roses

Juniors
1. RTS
2. Fusitua
3. Whare
4. Kahu
5. Rapana
6. Foran
7. Johnson
8. J.Bromwich (c)
9. Luke
10. Blair
11. Proctor
12. Mannering
13. Taumalolo

14. Taupau
15. k.Bromwich
16. JWH
17. TMM

Assuming Harris is still out injured.

Starting team is pretty spot on apart from Fus on the left wing. He struggled there in the 4 Nations. He's definitely a right side player.

Bench I'd go more

14. Taupau
15. Mau / Tapine
16. Asofa-Solomona / Fonua-Blake (World Cup selection in mind)
17. Nikorima

18. TMM
19. Tapine / Mau

Scott

Bench
I'd play Rapana on the left. He can play either side and actually carries the ball in the left hand when going into contact. Agree on Fus, on;y able to play right side.

jaseg

Juniors
Bromwich is back this week isn't he? I thought I heard as much on the radio anyway.

Looking more and more like a Mannering/Mau edge forward combination though - I would've preferred to keep Mau on the bench, given the impact we saw from himself and Taupau when doing so in the Four Nations (about the only thing impressive from our perspective in that tournament), but can't be helped if both Harris and Proctor are out. Felise Kaufusi is Kiwi born also... but he probably (rightly) feels he's on the edge of Origin selection.

Our backilne is going to be fast and skillfull
BUT
played in canberra in the middle of the night could be handling problems with the due

Cold Roses

Juniors
I'd play Rapana on the left. He can play either side and actually carries the ball in the left hand when going into contact. Agree on Fus, on;y able to play right side.

It's a shame we don't have more depth on the left edge. Whare/Rapana is a pretty impressive right side edge and it would be disappointing to weaken it to strengthen the other side.

JohnDoe

Juniors
What do we think the Junior Kiwis side will be for their match? Quite a few of last years players are no longer eligible.

jaseg

Juniors
Greg Lelesiuao
Lewis Soosemea
Patrick Herbert
Reimis Smith
Sione Katoa
Ata Hingano
Jarome Luai
Payne Haas
Nathaniel Roache
Lopeti Mafi
Siosifa Talakai
Cruz Topai-Aveai
Isaiah Papalii

Erin Clark
TJ Uele
Reuben Porter
?

Added Porter when I remembered him, can't think of any other forward who sticks out for that last spot..

Last edited:
its hard to believe that the 2 centres that played for the kiwis in the 4 nations final last season are possibly the 2 shittest centres so far this year in Kata and SKD

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I missed the start of the Cowboys v Knights game on the weekend. What anthem was Ponga singing?

Apparently Sione Mata'utia was caught singing the NZ anthem despite having represented Australia!!!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
IF we can somehow get Ponga and/or Paulo, that in itself would make this test worth it regardless of result