What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official NRL Stats and discussion thread

doyen

Bench
Right, so let’s just ignore everything else because Mcinnes makes first contact, which therefore makes him a better hooker than Cook.

Does it really matter if Ennis and Buderus are massive fans of Mcinnes? There are plenty of commentators and rugby league icons that rate Cook as well. Doesn’t really make it a valid point to use about which hooker is better.

It would be surprising to me if Mcinnes is still playing 80 minutes by seasons end.

Those big metres run stats are almost an admission as a No.9 that one is lacking in other areas of game management. It looks flashy but will it have substance over time??
It wouldn't surprise me if Robbie is back directing if we don't start winning over the next few weeks--more of a steadying influence; as he displayed in the World Cup!
The commentators only ever really comment on Cook's pace--nothing much else! He should be on the wing!!???

Rabbits20

Immortal
Those big metres run stats are almost an admission as a No.9 that one is lacking in other areas of game management. It looks flashy but will it have substance over time??
It wouldn't surprise me if Robbie is back directing if we don't start winning over the next few weeks--more of a steadying influence; as he displayed in the World Cup!
Mcturtle is lacking besides tackling. Apart from that he's got nothing!

Besides more tackles on ch 9 preview before the match Cook had Mcturtle in every other facet!

Being a hoooker isn't just tackling Doyen! Times have changed mate!

Robbie back!!!!!!! I can't stop laughing! I've just fallen off the lounge!!

Robbie has been cut from our squad and doesn't make the 19 each and every week!

No way will Seibs bring him back and I'd put money on that!

That's the first Souths supporter out of thousands I've heard want Farah back! In fact if that's the case emails will be flying through the door at Redfern of disgruntled members and the we want Cookie chants will be happening from all members and supporters at ANZ bar the 8 guys on LU who hold a grudge!!! Which would be all in all about 1-2percent of our membership base!

doyen

Bench
Mcturtle is lacking besides tackling. Apart from that he's got nothing!

Besides more tackles on ch 9 preview before the match Cook had Mcturtle in every other facet!

Being a hoooker isn't just tackling Doyen! Times have changed mate!

Robbie back!!!!!!! I can't stop laughing! I've just fallen off the lounge!!

Robbie has been cut from our squad and doesn't make the 19 each and every week!

No way will Seibs bring him back and I'd put money on that!

That's the first Souths supporter out of thousands I've heard want Farah back! In fact if that's the case emails will be flying through the door at Redfern of disgruntled members and the we want Cookie chants will be happening from all members and supporters at ANZ bar the 8 guys on LU who hold a grudge!!! Which would be all in all about 1-2percent of our membership base!

Being a No.9 is definitely not just about running--just ask Cam SMITH who runs less ms than McInnes.
McInnes's defensive game is second to none & his general management skills are of a high order.
He even has a better try-scoring rate over his career whilst never having the advantage of coming on against jelly-legged forwards off the bench like Cook had over the past couple of years. It used to frustrate me greatly when he couldn't use his greatest asset of speed even when the situation was put on a plate for him!!
Cook does seem to be improving & he certainly needed to get better!
According to the STHS w/site Farah is still part of our squad!
He has been the No.18 recently even though it hasn't been showing up as that in lists--there's no 18 this week either from what I can see!

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Didn't miss a minute i believe.

You're right, what would two blokes who have had very successful careers in the 9 know about what a good dummy half looks like?

?? Okay I guess every time Cook is complemented by a former NRL player I’ll post it on here even though it’s more opinion than fact...

I don’t think Mcinnes will be playing 80 because I don’t think he’ll be able to keep Robson out of the side.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
?? Okay I guess every time Cook is complemented by a former NRL player I’ll post it on here even though it’s more opinion than fact...

I don’t think Mcinnes will be playing 80 because I don’t think he’ll be able to keep Robson out of the side.
What has Robson got that can squeeze McInnes out? And why now after being unable to do it already. McInnes has resigned recently too, someone has faith in him.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
What has Robson got that can squeeze McInnes out? And why now after being unable to do it already. McInnes has resigned recently too, someone has faith in him.

Most dragons supporters agree that Mcinnes should be the starting hooker, but whenever i venture into their section there's a fair few of them that think Mcinnes isn't suited to playing 80. See image. I can find more if you'd like.

Attachments

• IMG_1389.PNG
    IMG_1389.PNG
    129.4 KB · Views: 5

Rabbits20

Immortal
Being a No.9 is definitely not just about running--just ask Cam SMITH who runs less ms than McInnes.
McInnes's defensive game is second to none & his general management skills are of a high order.
He even has a better try-scoring rate over his career whilst never having the advantage of coming on against jelly-legged forwards off the bench like Cook had over the past couple of years. It used to frustrate me greatly when he couldn't use his greatest asset of speed even when the situation was put on a plate for him!!
Cook does seem to be improving & he certainly needed to get better!
According to the STHS w/site Farah is still part of our squad!
He has been the No.18 recently even though it hasn't been showing up as that in lists--there's no 18 this week either from what I can see!
That's as Farah has been cut each time from the 21 man squad when it's cut to 19.

I don't think his game management is good! Solid but nothing special!

Travitoh

First Grade
That's as Farah has been cut each time from the 21 man squad when it's cut to 19.

I don't think his game management is good! Solid but nothing special!

When Farah wants to play for the team, his game management is as good as any, his problem is that he has an ego and can put that before the side at times.

Travitoh

First Grade
Michael Lichaa has the third highest avg run metres for hookers in 2018 of those that started last round. Slade Griffen is 5 while Smith is equal 11 with Wallace.
In fact, the top 4 have a combined win-loss of 10-10 with Luke the only winning player on the list at 5-0. That leaves the remaining three at 5-10.
Griffin at 5 is 3-2 so as the numbers suggest, there isn't a link between run metres and winning at all so while it looks good on the stats sheet for Cook, is it really helping South Sydneys cause?

Rabbits20

Immortal
When Farah wants to play for the team, his game management is as good as any, his problem is that he has an ego and can put that before the side at times.
He doesn't suit our style of play! He starves the halves of ball too. FACT

Rabbits20

Immortal
Michael Lichaa has the third highest avg run metres for hookers in 2018 of those that started last round. Slade Griffen is 5 while Smith is equal 11 with Wallace.
In fact, the top 4 have a combined win-loss of 10-10 with Luke the only winning player on the list at 5-0. That leaves the remaining three at 5-10.
Griffin at 5 is 3-2 so as the numbers suggest, there isn't a link between run metres and winning at all so while it looks good on the stats sheet for Cook, is it really helping South Sydneys cause?
We don't win against the Dogs as I said in the other thread if Mcturtle was there over Cookie. We'd be 1-4.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Most dragons supporters agree that Mcinnes should be the starting hooker, but whenever i venture into their section there's a fair few of them that think Mcinnes isn't suited to playing 80. See image. I can find more if you'd like.
Could it be, and this is just an observation, that “the fair few” are, whilst entitled to their collective opinion(s) simply wrong? I mean I’m sure there’s warriors fans who believe Jazz tevanga may be a better proposition than Isaac Luke but would that mean that they’re right?

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Yet there's McInness, 5-0 and top of the league with the highest scoring team.
Their attack is pretty impressive. Their halves are controlling and the backline is firing off the back of that. No coincidence they’re at the top

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Could it be, and this is just an observation, that “the fair few” are, whilst entitled to their collective opinion(s) simply wrong? I mean I’m sure there’s warriors fans who believe Jazz tevanga may be a better proposition than Isaac Luke but would that mean that they’re right?

So everyone else’s opinion other than your own is wrong? That’s pretty poor. The opinion that Mcinnes is a better player than Cook isn’t really as popular as you would like to think. I would think that the only way you could prove that would be through a survey and I don’t think people care enough to undertake one.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
So everyone else’s opinion other than your own is wrong? That’s pretty poor. The opinion that Mcinnes is a better player than Cook isn’t really as popular as you would like to think. I would think that the only way you could prove that would be through a survey and I don’t think people care enough to undertake one.
No. Not everyone else’s opinion is wrong. It’s my opinion. I’m asking is their opinion the wrong one? There have been stats presented that help back it up. What you and everyone else choose to believe is entirely up to your collective selves.
I can agree with you. But then we’d both be wrong :wink:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
No. Not everyone else’s opinion is wrong. It’s my opinion. I’m asking is their opinion the wrong one? There have been stats presented that help back it up. What you and everyone else choose to believe is entirely up to your collective selves.
I can agree with you. But then we’d both be wrong :wink:

The stats presented are only tackle efficiency stats so aren’t really representative of who’s a better hooker. If we really wanna go in depth I’d be happy to do it though? I would guess though that if we’re talking about just 2018 then Cook would win though. Mcinnes has led his side to 5 victories but that wasn’t really individual brilliance from him... more Gareth Widdop.

No I’m happy to have people disagree with me, but I just think if I’m gonna pull up evidence of dragons supporters saying Mcinnes probably shouldn’t be playing 80 then it shouldn’t just be dismissed as “wrong opinions.” :)

Latest posts