What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

mozza91

Coach
Caught a little bit of it on Sunday. Suprised that wasn't some sort of explosion from the sheer amount of smug that Whately, Underwood and particularly Ali provided.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Was flicking around this morning and caught a bit of the Summer Edition of the Offsiders...( which seems the same as the Winter Edition minus Big Nose Whatley no doubt having a well earned break...)

Caro Wilson, Underwood, and some other woman were having some type of religious experience speaking in tongues and salivating about some new Woman's AFL comp that has recently started....

I feel like a Philistine that this competition had somehow previously escaped my attention to date... The way they were talking about it, it seems to be bigger than the Olympics and SuperBowl combined...

How could I have missed all the excitement? Oh that's right... I live in NSW...

insert.pause

First Grade
Was flicking around this morning and caught a bit of the Summer Edition of the Offsiders...( which seems the same as the Winter Edition minus Big Nose Whatley no doubt having a well earned break...)

Caro Wilson, Underwood, and some other woman were having some type of religious experience speaking in tongues and salivating about some new Woman's AFL comp that has recently started....

I feel like a Philistine that this competition had somehow previously escaped my attention to date... The way they were talking about it, it seems to be bigger than the Olympics and SuperBowl combined...

How could I have missed all the excitement? Oh that's right... I live in NSW...
You mean you live in the real world!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well VFL is a game for women.

Shazza from Carltonwood will become a star, going from dole bludger to VFL Queen.

The stickmen will fade as Shazza gets a point for missing.

insert.pause

First Grade
Skipped through it, not one mention of the Nines, covered every other event, sevens, a-league, athletics, w-league. Showed a 10sec clip of greenberg saying the NRL wouldn't rush a women's comp. No segway into the jillaroos playing the ferns at the nines, just left the impression the NRL are doing nothing. Offsiders, in all their discussions about women's sport, have not once mentioned the jillaroos. It's not even pretending to be anything other than AFL propaganda anymore.

"that's my ABC"

BuffaloRules

Coach
Bit of a segue way but Mark Stevens (channel 7 AFL reporter in Melbourne) has said that women's AFL is going to kill off netball in this country...yep

I think one of the comments on the Offsiders today was something along the lines of two Australian team women's cricketers we're at the game on Friday night and said that "they wished they had of played Womens AFL instead"..

AFL zealots think that everyone should only play their sport, and that no other sports should exist...

They are the ISIS of the sporting world...

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
I don't watch this show but I'd like to suggest if you do and aren't happy with the shows content then there are 2 options, you can 1/ boycott the show and keep your opinions to your self or 2/ let the useless Fumbleball promoters know that there is an alternative Winter Oval ball competition that doesn't involve a Sherrin.

mozza91

Coach
No person who watched the female AFL actually enjoyed it. Only aggressive feminists/bull dykes and AFL apologists would say otherwise. There was no skill or athleticism and there was nothing reedeemable about it whatsoever.

This won't stop Victorian's claiming that it was the beginning of a revolution or something like that. Our only solution is to drop a scud missile on Victoria rendering all life ruined and unable to create life ever again. I know it sounds harsh but it is really the only logical solution.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
I can't wait until the next edition of this show to see how they talk up the Jillaroos 3 zip win over they're nemesis the Silver Ferns, the fact that this game was a genuine International will be irrelevant!.

Vic Mackey

Referee
No person who watched the female AFL actually enjoyed it. Only aggressive feminists/bull dykes and AFL apologists would say otherwise. There was no skill or athleticism and there was nothing reedeemable about it whatsoever.

This won't stop Victorian's claiming that it was the beginning of a revolution or something like that. Our only solution is to drop a scud missile on Victoria rendering all life ruined and unable to create life ever again. I know it sounds harsh but it is really the only logical solution.

Apparently all the games have been free so far, is that true?

Would certainly explain the crowds they've had.

And yes one of my good mates is a die hard AFL fan and said the standard is atrocious.

The over-hype of the Women's AFL was too much. Yes, it was a successful opening round, but the way the hosts were talking on Offsiders was too much.

If the episode was about women's sports in general, then why not show other sports with women? The semi-finals of the W-League were held last weekend, with no mention. Lets see if they mention the Grand Final on this Sundays show. The ABC covers W-League (alongside Foxtel), but rarely mentions this code!

Of course Offisders are going to rubbish the NRL + the Jillaroos. That's what they're paid for, aren't they? lol

Johnny88

Juniors
The 9's rated very well even with teams not taken it seriously. That was the last summer episode of Offsiders mabe nrl can get 2 mins coverage next time mabe 3

It's a little thing the ABC does on News 24, but they put the headline ribbon on the base of screen.

All day, they've had AFL: Essendon name XXX as captain.

Fine.

But Darius Boyd named Broncos captain. Absolutely no mention in the ribbons.

Brutus

Referee
I don't watch this show but I'd like to suggest if you do and aren't happy with the shows content then there are 2 options, you can 1/ boycott the show and keep your opinions to your self or 2/ let the useless Fumbleball promoters know that there is an alternative Winter Oval ball competition that doesn't involve a Sherrin.

Boring.