What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORIGIN 2023

fizman

Bench
Did anyone just see Greg Alexander lose the plot on NRL360? WOW!

Didn’t like the questions about Nicho and really fired up about the Bradman Best selection.

On the one hand in relation to Nicho he spoke about the toughness of Origin, then, spoke about Club form.

If he could only listen to himself, he is so tied up in knots they don’t know the top from the bottom - Unbelievable!

Fittler has watched game 2 the loss obviously was because of Utitakemo the tigers player who got 15 minutes.
another of the Fittler just throw them away.
Tedesco has been awful but Edwards can't get in the team.
I believe Teddy will retire from rep footy before SOO next year
Buzz has been in here again on 360 he believes that this could be Teddy's last origin lol

Didn’t like the questions about Nicho and really fired up about the Bradman Best selection.

On the one hand in relation to Nicho he spoke about the toughness of Origin, then, spoke about Club form.

If he could only listen to himself, he is so tied up in knots they don’t know the top from the bottom - Unbelievable!
His comment that Fittler would have spoken to Nico, he knows he is gone
I hope NSW loses 50-0

Craigshark

First Grade
Alexander is such a smug f**kwit. I hope Hynes goes out and kills it for the rest of the year and shoves it up them.

shadowboxer

First Grade
The Ashes mirrors Origin.
QLD in for Australia - a team of dead set competitors who just dig in. QLD just fugging want it more.
NSW as England - a team of possibly, maybe or whatever. Johnny walking out of his crease is a brain fade on the proportion of picking turbo cause he says he’s okay…
The match doesn’t mean as much - or so it seems

Last edited:

Homo man69

Juniors
Listening to Brandy arch up about Best being picked cause of one game was comical. Read should of asked if Best would of been picked if the scores were reversed. The NSW coaching staff have completely lost the plot

CEO

Juniors
Brandy needs to look at himself. Re - Some players not built for Origin.
I think he holds the record for most Origin losses without a win? (6 losses - ZERO wins)!
Maybe he is secretly hoping for someone to join him on the podium.

Fittler on 100% footy now.
Sounding half asleep
It's Cody Walkers time apparently.

Pretty tame questions.
Nicho- because he plays on the right hand side, that's Moses' spot. He totally respects Nicho and they are fine and loves how he is playing.
Much more measured than the fella who seemed to be drinking his name.

Foz

Bench
Embarrassing!
Maroons 3 zip.
Saved money on daughter not going to Taylor Swift and now me going to SOO 3.
You too.My brother the same.That Taylor Swift has the right aged fan base.The daughter wants to go and someone has to take them.Need to pay for 2 tickets instead of one.
Then the daughters don’t realise you spend hours trying to get the tickets and so is every other parent of a 9-15 year old girl.
Ahh for when they liked the Wiggles.
On the Team selection I actually liked the Cody selection.Maybe like most on here I’m selfish and want Nicho for the Sharks.He will get his turn as he’s too good a player not too.

fizman

Bench
It is the inconsistency applied to each player selection that does my head in with NSW.
Tedesco - Out of form - selected.
Best - Building for the future?
Hynes - In form, not the direction we wanted to go.
Yeo - Fantastic NRL Player - Nowhere near SOO level.

All I can say is thank goodness these blokes will be gone after game 3.

Attitude, Commitment, TEAM FIRST, Passion is what wins Origins - The NSW Boomboxers have none.

Chimp

Bench
Brandy is a joke… They think they’re above criticism.
Such inconsistency - Hynes goes from being in the squad for game 1, and therefore the understudy for either halves, 10 mins at centre, both halves out and he’s been jumped by both Moses and Walker….
Bradman Best out of nowhere - Staggs, Sifa, Tago all easily better options.

There seems to be plenty of people who’d quite like to see NSW get lapped in game 3.

1 other thing - when you hear the NSW coaches talk, the never talk about representing NSW people, it’s all just standard football chat - the QLDers are all about the pride of representing their people and doing their people proud.

Chimp

Bench
How hard is it to pick a bench for origin.
1 hooker
2 front rowers
1 edge forward
Exactly…. And make sure you’ve got an edge forward either starting or on the bench who can move out to the centres if need be ‘in case of emergency’.

Jurbo is returning from a calf injury (notorious for re-injuring), RCG is only a couple of games back from a long lay off, and they go with just 1 prop on the bench - a prop who’s hardly been ripping it up.
And Gutho, who basically is Hynes from game 1, but with less ability to come and change the game. Gutho’s value is in his work ethic and fitness, still being able to keep turning up all game - he’s not explosive, he’s not a game changer, he’s just consistent in his effort - much like Hynes (infact moreso), he’s a starter or not in the team at all - complete waste of a bench spot.
The more I look at it, the more I scratch my head and think Fitler is taking the piss. I heard Paul Crawley use a phrase earlier to describe how Fitler has approached this series, and I can’t believe I’m ever going to agree with Crawley, but his words were perfect…. ‘It’s all over the shop’

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Best is a massive WTF selection - it's as though they watched the ordinary Knights wallop the subpar hopeless Dogs and decided he must be a world-beater based on one lopsided game. Maybe all the hits and alcohol really have destroyed the brains of Fittler and Brandy

shadowboxer

First Grade
Fittler on 100% footy now.
Sounding half asleep
It's Cody Walkers time apparently.

Pretty tame questions.
Nicho- because he plays on the right hand side, that's Moses' spot. He totally respects Nicho and they are fine and loves how he is playing.
Much more measured than the fella who seemed to be drinking his name.
Yeah I saw that as I was dozing off. He looked like he was in morphine. Very lacking in any banter or being engaged at all.
I enjoyed Goulds take on the Bulldogs drubbing

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I've been living in Qld since 2016. Increasingly, I find myself not so much supporting them, but admiring the way they go about their business. Kung Fu Slater has his troops on the same page and as mentioned, they play for the people. Fittler and his band of idiots have removed the passion for the jersey. Put your shoes back on you dopey f**k and find some players that are willing to run through brick walls for you. Qld 3-0. Freddy and Brandy gone. Start again in 2024.

I've been living in Qld since 2016. Increasingly, I find myself not so much supporting them, but admiring the way they go about their business. Kung Fu Slater has his troops on the same page and as mentioned, they play for the people. Fittler and his band of idiots have removed the passion for the jersey. Put your shoes back on you dopey f**k and find some players that are willing to run through brick walls for you. Qld 3-0. Freddy and Brandy gone. Start again in 2024.
I have been up here since 2001 you can tell the difference, it is all about QLD they love it soak it up.
Dosent matter who the pick in the team as well ready to perform.
I can see Fittler end of series saying injuries hurt us, that is not the point.
I have seen teams win origin with battlers but they always come from QLD

Chimp

Bench
I revert back to a point I made I think before game 2. Slater and the QLD team play for their people and in return are universally loved in QLD, regardless of what club they play for. And most of the time, that’s been the case for QLD - only really DCE and Kevvie ever came in for flack.
I genuinely don’t think there’s 1 person that could be brought in to coach NSW that would get universal support - Gus is hated by more than like him, Joey and Matt J are hated by plenty, Ryles would be shot down as a rookie, Ricky is hated by us, and plenty of others… there’s nobody. Bellamy would probably be the closest we could come, as people would at least expect him to do better 2nd time around.
And then this passes on to the players - what NSW players are universally ‘liked’ where fans can put aside their club first mentality and hatred… Nicho is one of very few that most people could get behind, Turbo and Jurbo maybe at a push (though some people will say Jurbo isn’t good enough), maybe Cam Murray and Yeo. But other than that, most of the NSW team are flogs. The Penrith boom box crew are hated by everyone other than Penrith fans, and I’m pretty sure that will extend to the rest of the NSW team. I’m absolutely sure there’ll be a fair few in the NSW team who cannot stand their fake American gangsta boombox bullshit - I can’t believe the Yeo and Martin don’t really look at them and think ‘dickheads’.

R-15-3

Bench
Don’t mind Walker at 5/8 if it was game 2 but game 3 dead rubber and you throw a 40y old back in is crazy.