What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

Whino

Bench
The pre-season challenge is a farce.
All you have to do is schedule 2 trials against weak times and rack up a score. Easily manipulated if any club wants to do it.
The Bronco/Manly clash was mostly players outside the top 30 from both teams.

murraymob

Coach
Souths v manly
The bunnies getting kissed on the dick by the refs .Despite that manly hit back 6 all

murraymob

Coach
Brooks doing what he does best looking good to only screw it up bunnies get to other end and score

murraymob

Coach
Rooters v broncos
Leniu getting a taste of being a starter. Rooters up 6 nil off a intercept

murraymob

Coach
Lenui on report for making a racial slur .Broncos make official complaint on feild.ref said did not hear it. Lenui better hope the mics don’t pick it up or he is getting a holiday

GongPanther

Referee
Broncos start the year as they ended last year. Losers!
They play Souths next week in a pressure game which will see the loser go to 0-2. If Brisbane lose, they'll be playing Penrith at Penrith Park in round 3 to avoid a 0-3 start to the season. They play the Cows in the next round.

Pomoz

Bench
Ok, its only a one game sample but here goes anyway.

- The best signing for the Roosters is Justin Holbrook. They look fitter and stronger.
- With the forwards looking fitter, a pack with Leniu, Collins and Radley has the measure of most teams. Especially with May and JWH coming off the bench.
- I don't think either South's or Manly have the forward packs to trouble the trophy engravers this year. Speed, tick. Skill, tick. Muscle, hell no. Murray will be one frustrated Captain by the end of the year. If any of their starting forwards get injured, I think South's will struggle to make the eight.
- Manly are super quick. Turuva will be getting burned repeatedly if we turn up and play soft. We need to smash them in the forwards so they never get the space to use their speed. Turuva would struggle to catch Saab even if he set off on the the day before.
- Brisbane showed their brittleness again. Flashes of brilliance that produce breathtaking tries, a la the 2nd half of the GF and then brain explosions as they chip kick and throw hail Marys. The Roosters out toughed them really well.
- The Roosters look the real deal. They will be tough this year.
- I want to cry watching Leniu wear that jersey. I wish the Roosters would just Feck off and leave other teams stars alone. Fittler, Sing, Jennings, Leniu. Just feck off.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Ok, its only a one game sample but here goes anyway.

- The best signing for the Roosters is Justin Holbrook. They look fitter and stronger.
- With the forwards looking fitter, a pack with Leniu, Collins and Radley has the measure of most teams. Especially with May and JWH coming off the bench.
- I don't think either South's or Manly have the forward packs to trouble the trophy engravers this year. Speed, tick. Skill, tick. Muscle, hell no. Murray will be one frustrated Captain by the end of the year. If any of their starting forwards get injured, I think South's will struggle to make the eight.
- Manly are super quick. Turuva will be getting burned repeatedly if we turn up and play soft. We need to smash them in the forwards so they never get the space to use their speed. Turuva would struggle to catch Saab even if he set off on the the day before.
- Brisbane showed their brittleness again. Flashes of brilliance that produce breathtaking tries, a la the 2nd half of the GF and then brain explosions as they chip kick and throw hail Marys. The Roosters out toughed them really well.
- The Roosters look the real deal. They will be tough this year.
- I want to cry watching Leniu wear that jersey. I wish the Roosters would just Feck off and leave other teams stars alone. Fittler, Sing, Jennings, Leniu. Just feck off.
Turuva will be fine. Saab has done his hamstring and we play them next month.

Kilkenny

Coach
Was down the South Coast for a couple of days, watched both Vegas games in Kiama Leagues. There was quite a crowd so didn’t pick up a lot of the commentary but I’d did pick up the usual gushing over Latrell. Watching it seemed to me the usual Latrell. Couple of big moments but otherwise some big mistakes. Got home today had a look at the player stats and wasn’t surprised to see Tommy T almost doubled Latrells outputs without the errors.

Kilkenny

Coach
As a neutral I must say I enjoyed watching both games, different contests, but I enjoyed them.

Round 1 is no time for making predictions one way or another, but of the four sides on show I might be a little concerned if I was a Bunnies fan.