What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games 2024

We are up to Round 10, a third of the season or so, it’s still early days, it really is all about putting yourself in a position to make the top 8 and ideally in the top 4.

In respect of us, I personally think we have done extraordinarily well to be where we are at this point if the season.

Some aren’t happy, questioning individuals, I’m not in that camp to be 6-2, tough draw, few key injuries to go with the loss of Crichton, Lenui and others I think we are going better than expected. Sure there are some issues, but that is to be expected, things to work on sure, but if we can win our next two winnable games we’re going to be top two.
Mines not a criticism of where we are, just trying to be honest of where we are versus last year. Still think we are the best team in the comp, based on an assumption of us improving over the next third of the season.

Agree though that we should be ecstatic at being 6-2 .

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Our two centres have held us back from blowing sides away. One is in awful form and the other is learning the position and might be a career winger anyway.

murraymob

Coach
S
It’s an interesting question Kilkenny. Which teams have gone forward or backwards this year.

I would suggest forwards:
- Manly (Brooks has made a difference with his directness, healthy roster)
- Dolphins (good recruiting)
- Sharks (team gelling well)
- Dogs (good recruiting, team gelling and better forward play)
- St George (nowhere else to go but up)
- Titans (building resilience)

Backwards:
- Us (we look clunky and missing a little class)
- Broncos (lost some class and Reynolds has been unlucky with injuries/injury prone)
- Parra (ageing roster and they have shown how reliant they are on Moses)
- Warriors (they seem to be playing slower and less direct than last year)
- Newcastle (I honestly think this is a coaching issue, what is he doing with their halves)
- Souths (yuk)

Unsure
- Melbourne (can’t put my finger in it, but I can’t work out how they are winning)
- Roosters (sooo undisciplined, but need to sort it out pronto as their window slams shut this year)
- Cows (I picked them for top 4 at the start of the season. Is it coaching with them also)
- Canberra (could go very well or very wrong. I think the latter over the course of a long season).
- West Tigers (your guess is a good as mine; I want to be positive, but am not convinced).
Sharks only going good because there on there knees sucking the dick of who did the draw .They have the softest draw of any team in the last 5 years of nrll

Kilkenny

Coach
Our two centres have held us back from blowing sides away. One is in awful form and the other is learning the position and might be a career winger anyway.
You made goodness knows how many posts slagging off Tago, it is unrelenting.

I don’t get it, I really don’t.

Plenty have jumped on your crusade, not me, I’d rather back our players.

Kilkenny

Coach
Slagging off? Pull your head in you sooky old merkin.
I don’t bag anyone, never have never will it is just not me.

You on the other hand feel the need to put out negative posts around certain players on an almost unrelenting basis And you think I’m the one who needs to pull their head in. Go figure that one.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I don’t bag anyone, never have never will it is just not me.

You on the other hand feel the need to put out negative posts around certain players on an almost unrelenting basis And you think I’m the one who needs to pull their head in. Go figure that one.
Saying Tago is defending like shit is a factually correct statement.
I've said over and over again that he's a good player who I want in the side but he's not up to it atm

Kilkenny

Coach
Saying Tago is defending like shit is a factually correct statement.
I've said over and over again that he's a good player who I want in the side but he's not up to it atm
Mate, it is fine to offer an opinion, that a certain player may be out of form, or you think another player may be better in the short or long term, what I am suggesting is you don’t need to bag Tago in literally ever second post, we get it.

What do you want, what do you expect, are so entitled that somehow we assume we are entitled to win this so called four peat or whatever it is. Just maybe we might not be good enough this year can you live with that or accept it. Can we have an honourable premiership defence without actually winning it?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Mate, it is fine to offer an opinion, that a certain player may be out of form, or you think another player may be better in the short or long term, what I am suggesting is you don’t need to bag Tago in literally ever second post, we get it.

What do you want, what do you expect, are so entitled that somehow we assume we are entitled to win this so called four peat or whatever it is. Just maybe we might not be good enough this year can you live with that or accept it. Can we have an honourable premiership defence without actually winning it?
If fit we probably win the 2024 competition 80% of the time. Of course we can have a great year and defence of the title without winning it. All depends on circumstances come September

We are up to Round 10, a third of the season or so, it’s still early days, it really is all about putting yourself in a position to make the top 8 and ideally in the top 4.

In respect of us, I personally think we have done extraordinarily well to be where we are at this point if the season.

Some aren’t happy, questioning individuals, I’m not in that camp to be 6-2, tough draw, few key injuries to go with the loss of Crichton, Lenui and others I think we are going better than expected. Sure there are some issues, but that is to be expected, things to work on sure, but if we can win our next two winnable games we’re going to be top two.
This is exactly right.

So many fickle fans calling for "drop him to reserve grade, that'll teach him" because the standard of that player hasn't reached the armchair coaches desire.

Our TEAM is, and has been very different for weeks now compared to last year, let alone the last 3 years. I emphasise team because the fickle fans believe its an individual game where you can blame one player for not being perfect, yet we are winning as a team. Go figure.

The fickle fans also don't believe the Panthers are allowed to "Win ugly" because they think Penrith are so close to perfection that's what fans should get.

The fickle fans don't realise that on any given week an opposition is actually trying to stop our side, and some weeks they do a really good job at this.

But when the fickle fan predicts a walkover or a thrashing by us and low and behold it doesn't happen, that's when the BLAME GAME starts...even when we win.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
This is exactly right.

So many fickle fans calling for "drop him to reserve grade, that'll teach him" because the standard of that player hasn't reached the armchair coaches desire.

Our TEAM is, and has been very different for weeks now compared to last year, let alone the last 3 years. I emphasise team because the fickle fans believe its an individual game where you can blame one player for not being perfect, yet we are winning as a team. Go figure.

The fickle fans also don't believe the Panthers are allowed to "Win ugly" because they think Penrith are so close to perfection that's what fans should get.

The fickle fans don't realise that on any given week an opposition is actually trying to stop our side, and some weeks they do a really good job at this.

But when the fickle fan predicts a walkover or a thrashing by us and low and behold it doesn't happen, that's when the BLAME GAME starts...even when we win.

Most people excluding a few here accept Tago's defensive issues.

Iamback

Coach

Some posters here I doubt even watch games.

look at the score and go 'yay we won' meanwhile the rest of us actual watch games and comment on areas we believe we can fix.

Ivan even comes out in most pressers not happy with how the side played

And will defend their criticism with great resolve like Penrith does most games. That's why they are the best defensive side in modern times.

Mistakes happen for many reasons but the "get rid of him" attitude of so called fans is borderline tyrannical.

Last time I looked, they were all human.

WestyLife

First Grade
He's progressively getting worse and making the same bad reads continuously. Something needs to change, hopefully Alamoti has a blinder and puts some real pressure on him.

Yeah a week off and Alamoti going good hopefully does him some good. He has so much potential.

Some posters here I doubt even watch games.

look at the score and go 'yay we won' meanwhile the rest of us actual watch games and comment on areas we believe we can fix.

Yeah it's weird. Like Kilkenny using his age saying he's seen tough times so we should appreciate things and shut up Bitch I'm 38 I lived through the Elliot years!

WestyLife

First Grade
And will defend their criticism with great resolve like Penrith does most games. That's why they are the best defensive side in modern times.

Mistakes happen for many reasons but the "get rid of him" attitude of so called fans is borderline tyrannical.

Last time I looked, they were all human.

No one wants rid of him it was said to give him a few weeks to work on his game in reserve grade. Some of the best players ever to play the game have done that why are Panthers players too good for it?

age.s

First Grade
And yet he doesn't drop Tago. Can't have it both ways.

That said, I think an enforced week off is probably not a bad thing for him.

Iamback

Coach
And yet he doesn't drop Tago. Can't have it both ways.

That said, I think an enforced week off is probably not a bad thing for him.

He also hasn't dropped Luai who has been just as bad. Ivan is loyal and will back the guys to find their form.

I agree. It could spark him, which is what dropping him for a week would hope to do

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Ha ha, no middle ground apparently. You either have to cheerlead & praise everything or blind hatred.

No one wants to get rid of Tago. But imo anyone that doesn't want to see his D sorted out is weird. We know he has it in him, so it needs fixing. It's as simple as that.

Iamback

Coach
Yeah it's weird. Like Kilkenny using his age saying he's seen tough times so we should appreciate things and shut up Bitch I'm 38 I lived through the Elliot years!

I am 41. I have seen 2 wooden spoons. Some near misses like 2015

BUT

it is a Rugby League forum and we are sitting pretty but like Sharks we have made the most of some good fortune in getting those results

Latest posts