What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers sack Griffin 4 weeks from finals

roofromoz

First Grade
My thoughts are that today both Gus in his podcast and Hook on NRL360 have both told the truth... and the "truth" (with a twist of embellishment).

It's just trying to work out which is which.

TheFrog

Coach
If the objective was to keep Nathan and Ivan together as a "Father/Son" sporting entity, why in the blue f*ck did he give Ivan the arse years ago?
That's easy. When Ivan was sacked, Nathan was a fresh faced schoolboy. He had a deal of potential, but even Gus wouldn't have realised where he was headed.

super_coach

First Grade
Earlier tonightI wasted 30 minutes of my life listening to Gould’s podcast. In one breath he said he was in charge of the Panthers andthebuck stops with him and the next breath he said, he had no idea of any talk with Cleary and in fact it was the head of the board, he also said he wanted to keep hook till the end of the season.

The whole podcast was not about the coaching fiasco at Penrith, it was just a PR exercise by Gould trying to play the nice guy and seperate his brand name from the mess .
This whole circus is all about re signing young Nathan with Ivan being the bait and Hook being the fall guy....and for half the price give me Brooks any day

Pantherjim.

Referee
That's easy. When Ivan was sacked, Nathan was a fresh faced schoolboy. He had a deal of potential, but even Gus wouldn't have realised where he was headed.

So now he's SOO level, if he wants to go and play under his Father at the Tigers, stiff shit for us. Deal with it. Find another half.

Pedge1971

First Grade
But he fixed our junior pathways and we had already made it to the next level.

As a Knights supporter I will take one win from last place 3 years ago to a positon 6th or better every year since.

The weird thing is the only comms out of Penrith come from Gus and you blokes eat it up like a fresh steaming turd.

Griffin does his job and says notjing despite constant soeculation and when he does finally say somethin you jump down his throat cause f**k Gus is such an honest successful merkin.

Gus is a poor mans Penrith version of Donald Trump and his bluff has been called. He looks like shit and he is trying to blatantly lie his way out of it...

Blues Riff

Bench
The whole thing only started because Ivan knows that Nathan was never a chance to leave Penrith. It's his act of desperation, not the Panthers. Penrith will be fine this season and have applicants lining up to coach next year onwards.

Spade

Juniors
This is a rare moment where I'm inclined not to side with Phil Gould and the Penrith Board.

If the objective was to keep Nathan and Ivan together as a "Father/Son" sporting entity, why in the blue f*ck did he give Ivan the arse years ago?

I've always been a firm believer in the proverb; "you make your bed, you lie in it" Ivan is now with the Tigers. Deal with it! why should we destibalise another NRL club just so that we can keep Nathan Cleary at the foot of the mountains?

They didn't know Nathan was any good back then.

super_coach

First Grade
What’s the obsession with wanting to coach your kid, from where I sit it can only cause problems within the playing roster.

My wife is a teacher and would not even teach at the same school as my kids when they were at school.

Anyway damage done, trust out the window, Ivan and Gus will get on well

Fangs

Coach
Quality spin, some might say this whole thing has gone 360.

Griffin/Tigers are certainly winning the PR war. But who will f**k the prom queen? I say Gus.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
What’s the obsession with wanting to coach your kid, from where I sit it can only cause problems within the playing roster.

My wife is a teacher and would not even teach at the same school as my kids when they were at school.
As Andrew Webster wrote in the SMH - this isn't under 10s soccer ...

Latest posts