What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers Unpopularity XIII

TheFrog

Coach
The team of Panthers most despised by supporters. Nothing personal, they just weren't popular in the team. Others might have some better suggestions and I've left a couple blank as I couldn't find anyone suitable.

1. Neil Baker
2. Wes Naigama
3. Paul Franze
4. Lee Hookey
5. Adrian Purtell
7. Luke Walsh
8. Craig Greenhill
9. Paul Aiton
10 Matt Adamson
11. Ned Catic
13. Adam Docker

mxlegend99

Referee
1. Wes Naiqama
2. Adrian Purtell
3. Paul Franze
4. Lee Hookey
5. Mark O'halloran
6. Richie Williams
7. Luke Walsh
8. Matt Adamson
9. Masada Iosefa
10. Brendan Worth
11. Cameron Ciraldo
12. Clint Newton
13. Joseph Paulo

Great thread but Docker has only had about the last 8 weeks where he shouldn't of been in 1st grade so too early for him.

Aiton was solid too.

TheFrog

Coach
I thought of Clint Newton but he seemed much more unpopular at the Knights than here.

flash

Juniors
Some that would have been savaged if forums existed.

Joe Vitanza - his drop ball I think turned the momentum in the 1990 GF.

Anthony Xureab - If we lost that 91 final, his performance would be as remembered as Paul Cariage.

And that habit in the 90's of signing average backs: Ashley Gordon, McGaw, Kieran Meyer, Jason Williams, Graham Lyons, Mark Bell.

maple_69

Bench
Aiton doesnt belong on here. He was a good solid hooker, similar to Kingston. Where is Aiton these days. Last I knew he was at Cronulla a few years ago..

franklin2323

Immortal
Aiton doesnt belong on here. He was a good solid hooker, similar to Kingston. Where is Aiton these days. Last I knew he was at Cronulla a few years ago..

I agree. He's by far the worst hooker we have far better then Masada. Wakefield in ESL

mxlegend99

Referee

He was a gun for us. I loved him. Came in to first grade with Gordon or at least around the same time. Both guys were a step up for mine. He never really kicked on and became a starting hooker, but he basically came from nowhere and was on par or ahead of a past it Priddis.

Forgot Woolnough in my list. So many dud Knights players... Could go close to filling a team with Knights rejects.

roofromoz

First Grade
Forgot Woolnough in my list. So many dud Knights players... Could go close to filling a team with Knights rejects.

Just about, but at least a five-eighth and hooker short. Conversely, who from Newcastle has been better than average? Lucky to count them on one hand most probably.

Brad Tighe for one. Tahu in his 6 or 7 matches had his moments.

mxlegend99

Referee
Tighe was a dud for mine. Not as bad as some others, but still never really cemented his spot as a first grader for us despite playing a lot of first grade. Basically was selected by default or favoritism. I don't think we've had a single Knights player deliver for us as yet. The most recent ones:

1. Wes Naiqama
2. Kevin Naiqama
3. Brad Tighe
4. Timana Tahu
7. Luke Walsh
8. Adam Woolnough
10. Brandon Worth
11. Clint Newton
12. Kyle O'Donnell
13. Cameron Ciraldo

Off the top of my head, can't think of anymore. But not one of these guys has been a good buy. Kevin Naiqama is the star of this group, and he has still yet to deliver for us. Hopefully he changes that, but he looks on par to join the rest of these guys IMO.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I seem to recall Franze actually scoring a few tries in his last few games with us and everyone was wondering where that form had been for the past year or so.

franklin2323

Immortal
Luke Rooney scored 6 tries in 2005. He may have scored maybe double that, maybe even more, if Franze passed on his left hand side rather than take the tackle.

Yep all off kicks. Lewis had similar outside Pomeroy....meanwhile we made no offer to Whatuira who won the comp