What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers Unpopularity XIII

Panther79

Juniors
How about Pieter Muller?, outside back,signed during Super League times and a Springbok. I remember reading about it in Rugby League Week (god I miss that magazine and buying it every Thursday) and being really excited to see him in action.

Unfortunately I don't actually remember getting to see him play. Wiki says he was with Penrith for 2 years and played only a handful of games. Not sure if any first grade games.

Hooked

Juniors
How about Pieter Muller?, outside back,signed during Super League times and a Springbok. I remember reading about it in Rugby League Week (god I miss that magazine and buying it every Thursday) and being really excited to see him in action.

Unfortunately I don't actually remember getting to see him play. Wiki says he was with Penrith for 2 years and played only a handful of games. Not sure if any first grade games.

Muller never played FG.
I remember him signing during SL. I bought Big League most weeks back then. Can’t ever recall his name in reserve grade team list either.

Fangs

Coach
But what a game haha. I remember that was Petro's first game too for Penrith and maybe Sammut played in it too. So much hype and promise and got absolutely destroyed by the Broncos...

We benched Sammut to avoid the carnage at the start. Didn't matter much. Totally dominated that day and the start of a horrible 10/12 rounds without a halfback.

Alintheeast

Juniors
A lazy Sunday off the grog so my team is
FB Sammut
W Russel Mullins
C Franz
C McGaw
W John Ryno Ryan
5/8 Burns
1/2 Joe Williams
L Gilmeister
2r Fa’oso
2r Newton
FR Daine Laurie
H Iosefa
FR Kent Lambert

Chins get the wins

First Grade
A lazy Sunday off the grog so my team is
FB Sammut
W Russel Mullins
C Franz
C McGaw
W John Ryno Ryan
5/8 Burns
1/2 Joe Williams
L Gilmeister
2r Fa’oso
2r Newton
FR Daine Laurie
H Iosefa
FR Kent Lambert
I liked Burns. He wasn't very good but always gave everything he had. A prop in a halves body unfortunately for him