What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta's Harold Matthews Final Series

magpie4ever

First Grade
How did Chad McGill go, I reckon he could be one to watch.

Chad's a real goer but he was played as a prop. I personally believe he is a lock so he can defend less in the ruck and attack wider, not straight hit ups from the play the ball.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Good news for the long suffering Parra supporters; your HM team defeated the previously undefeated South Sydney today in the 1st qualifying semi 34-16.

Regards

Last edited:

Tony Bongo

Bench
Don't be silly, the will be playing for Manly, and the Sharks.

#TheyWhereTheRestOfThemEndUp

For the first time in a long time I think not !
There's not a lot to be confident in with SK and Nolan just yet but I'm pretty sure that this is at least one thing they are well on their way to fixing at long last.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
yes, and the big picture should be preparing our kids for the bigger stage rather than winning an SG Ball comp.

Is this like training children to be dumb and stupid throughout school until they just scrape through uni entrance exams where they're supposed to excel as geniuses?

magpie4ever

First Grade
Good news for the long suffering Parra supporters; your HM team defeated the previously undefeated South Sydney today in the 1st qualifying semi 34-16.

Regards

Just thought I would let the long suffering Parra fans know, that their HM team will be taken on their West Sydney rival - Penrith in the grand final qualifier this Saturday at St Marys' Stadium at 3.15pm.

Hope some of you dudes & gals will make your way out there to the support & cheer on this talented squad of young men.

Regards,

magpie4ever

First Grade
To all long suffering Parra fans, your HM squad today defeated Penrith 14 -12 to advance to the grand final against Newcastle. This win was despite a 11-2 penalty count against them with about 4 of these on the 5th tackle, albeit, they were probably deserved.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Unfortunately, he has had a back injury since the Coast game about 4 weeks (has not played since) and it only recovered 100% this week; was named 18th man. So was disappointed as he had been in the 17 for the majority of the comp; but that's football maybe he might be named in the GF 17; who knows.

Regards,

Stagger eel

Staff member
Unfortunately, he has had a back injury since the Coast game about 4 weeks (has not played since) and it only recovered 100% this week; was named 18th man. So was disappointed as he had been in the 17 for the majority of the comp; but that's football maybe he might be named in the GF 17; who knows.

Regards,

aaahhh! badluck no worries..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To all long suffering Parra fans, your HM squad today defeated Penrith 14 -12 to advance to the grand final against Newcastle. This win was despite a 11-2 penalty count against them with about 4 of these on the 5th tackle, albeit, they were probably deserved.

Quite often a team gets smashed in the penalty count because they deserve it. Sometimes it's even worth it to get the win - if you can hold down in the ruck for 80 minutes but only get penalised for the first 40 you'll probably stifle the opposition's attack and have little trouble containing them. Eventually refs get sick of blowing their whistle and the offending team will get away with it.

Not saying it's right, but I have seen plenty of teams benefit from repeatedly offending until the ref just gives up.

Latest posts