What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta's Harold Matthews Final Series

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Quite often a team gets smashed in the penalty count because they deserve it. Sometimes it's even worth it to get the win - if you can hold down in the ruck for 80 minutes but only get penalised for the first 40 you'll probably stifle the opposition's attack and have little trouble containing them. Eventually refs get sick of blowing their whistle and the offending team will get away with it.

Not saying it's right, but I have seen plenty of teams benefit from repeatedly offending until the ref just gives up.

You repeatedly offend on this forum until other posters just give up.

Suitman

Post Whore
Can someone explain to me why a competition Grand Final is played in early May?
How many games have they played?
And yeh PouPou, tone down the optimism.
It ain't wanted around these parts.

Suity

IFR33K

Coach

Suity

I believe they play around 8 games. The comp kicks off pretty early for juniors.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

Suity

Yeah they don't play many games. When the matts and sg finishes the players continue with their local club side.

magpie4ever

First Grade

Suity

They play 9 preliminary rounds, then a 4 week finals series then the NSW winner plays the Qld equivalent comp winner for the national title. The boys then return to their club sides who possibly had played 3-4 rounds b4 their rep players return.

Remember this comp started in early Feb - training from around November. It is a big ask on a 16 year old body by the time the district comp finishes in September.

Regards,

Suitman

Post Whore
They play 9 preliminary rounds, then a 4 week finals series then the NSW winner plays the Qld equivalent comp winner for the national title. The boys then return to their club sides who possibly had played 3-4 rounds b4 their rep players return.

Remember this comp started in early Feb - training from around November. It is a big ask on a 16 year old body by the time the district comp finishes in September.

Regards,

Thanks for the info Regards,

Suity

magpie4ever

First Grade
Just a reminder that the Parramatta HM side takes on Newcastle tomorrow at 1pm - St Marys Stadium in the Harold Matthews Grand Final.

The side will go in as underdogs, but I believe they will cause the upset.

Regards,

PS: for long suffering Parra supporters, it might be worth a visit to cheer on this talented bunch of 16 year olds.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
would prefer it wasn't played in Newcastle but them's the breaks

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Just a reminder that the Parramatta HM side takes on Newcastle tomorrow at 1pm - St Marys Stadium in the Harold Matthews Grand Final.

The side will go in as underdogs, but I believe they will cause the upset.

Regards,

PS: for long suffering Parra supporters, it might be worth a visit to cheer on this talented bunch of 16 year olds.

Go boys!
It's a bit far away in Newcastle but.

Latest posts