What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paying to be entertained...

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Honestly it *sort of* is a king hit these days because punching has been completely banned. Therefore, even when two blokes square off they have a pretty deeply held belief that a punch won’t be thrown.

Not saying I like this, it’s just is how it is. In this case the proof is in the pudding because Walker didn’t defend himself at all.

jim_57

Staff member
Honestly it *sort of* is a king hit these days because punching has been completely banned. Therefore, even when two blokes square off they have a pretty deeply held belief that a punch won’t be thrown.

Not saying I like this, it’s just is how it is. In this case the proof is in the pudding because Walker didn’t defend himself at all.

Punching someone in the street is "completely banned" as well, doesn't mean anyone with half a brain would mouth off in someone's face and not expect the possibility of some retalitation. Comparing this to a genuine coward's punch and playing that particular victim card for Walker is insulting to anyone who has ever been on the wrong end of a real king hit.

Next we'll be calling high tackles attempted murder.

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Punching someone in the street is "completely banned" as well, doesn't mean anyone with half a brain would mouth off in someone's face and not expect the possibility of some retalitation. Comparing this to a genuine coward's punch and playing that particular victim card for Walker is insulting to anyone who has ever been on the wrong end of a real king hit.

Next we'll be calling high tackles attempted murder.

How is it insulting?

Walker could just as well have been injured by that punch as by a punch from the side or a third man in. Either way, he got hit clean when he wasn’t expecting it.

I’d say the distinction you’re drawing is pretty insulting to people who have been killed by an unexpected punch during a verbal argument, which by your reckoning is just bad luck because it wasn’t a ‘proper’ coward punch.

jason taylor

Bench
We should definitely bring back fights to the death gladiator style.

The TV ratings would be HUGE. Imagine all the people that will be entertained!

jim_57

Staff member
How is it insulting?

Walker could just as well have been injured by that punch as by a punch from the side or a third man in. Either way, he got hit clean when he wasn’t expecting it.

I’d say the distinction you’re drawing is pretty insulting to people who have been killed by an unexpected punch during a verbal argument, which by your reckoning is just bad luck because it wasn’t a ‘proper’ coward punch.

Really?

So mouthing off whilst looking at a young guy in the heat of a game is comparable to a genuine king hit? That same scenario has happened 1000's of times in games in the past too, better go back charge all these guys who ever threw the first punch because they didn't get consent first.

Everyone has gone Helen Lovejoy, it's official.

Maximus

Coach
Really?

So mouthing off whilst looking at a young guy in the heat of a game is comparable to a genuine king hit? That same scenario has happened 1000's of times in games in the past too, better go back charge all these guys who ever threw the first punch because they didn't get consent first.

Everyone has gone Helen Lovejoy, it's official.

No we just aren't grubs who think punching someone is an acceptable response to them calling us mean words.

How is it insulting?

But he was expecting it.

Kept telling Scott “hit me”, go on “Hit me”

He hit him. Idiot forgot he made the request

jim_57

Staff member
No we just aren't grubs who think punching someone is an acceptable response to them calling us mean words.

Mate I couldn't give a shit if I ever see another punch thrown in the NRL and certainly don't condone it. Reality is 2 young sportsmen have had an altercation and in the heat of the moment a punch has been thrown, if you call that a king hit then every first punch thrown outside of a boxing of MMA ring is now a king hit. It has happened a thousand times before and will happen a thousand times more most likely. Calling this a king hit is Drama Queen stuff.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I don’t really understand the logic that says whacking a bloke who clearly didn’t expect it (Walker) isn’t a king hit, but whacking a bloke who is in the midst of punching the shit out of your mate (Koroisau on Scott) is

Is Koroisau supposed to ask Scott’s permission to punch him while Scott is in the process of caving his mate’s face in?

Anyway, seems like the judiciary agrees with me, even if the playground/streetz don’t

Can't have kids who idolise Scott going to their game on Saturday morning and decking another kid who said something he didn't like or tackled him too hard.
NRL brought these rules in so we don't lose the kids to Aussie Rules.
They're kids not gay

Well some are but that's beside the point

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I don’t really understand the logic that says whacking a bloke who clearly didn’t expect it (Walker) isn’t a king hit, but whacking a bloke who is in the midst of punching the shit out of your mate (Koroisau on Scott) is

Is Koroisau supposed to ask Scott’s permission to punch him while Scott is in the process of caving his mate’s face in?

Anyway, seems like the judiciary agrees with me, even if the playground/streetz don’t

You are arguing with people with very little brain capacity.

Perth Red

Post Whore
“Hit me hit me”, and he wasn’t expecting it? I know he comes across pretty thick but is he really that stupid? Ridiculous to compare a king hit like the manly grub threw to what scott did squaring up face to face with a player asking to be hit.

jim_57

Staff member
You are arguing with people with very little brain capacity.

Using the "King Hit" wording for what Scott did thereby putting it in the same class as Danny Williams, David Fa'alogo, Barry Hall etc is stuff of very little brain capacity.

As for Walker not expecting it, he and any serial niggler would know it's a distinct possibility. But hey yeh let's get the pitch forks and torches out and witch hunt a young guy for throwing a punch in a heated moment, because we need to be outraged by something.

Using the "King Hit" wording for what Scott did thereby putting it in the same class as Danny Williams, David Fa'alogo, Barry Hall etc is stuff of very little brain capacity.

As for Walker not expecting it, he and any serial niggler would know it's a distinct possibility. But hey yeh let's get the pitch forks and torches out and witch hunt a young guy for throwing a punch in a heated moment, because we need to be outraged by something.
Doggest shot in years

Should be put out of league permanently

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh the manly grub should with a king hit like that, what’s your thoughts on scott though?

jim_57

Staff member

What was Walker expecting then? Give us your in-depth analysis in to what was going through his mind as he said the words "Hit me, hit me".

Nice attenpt to turn this in to a point scoring contest, nobody here saying "bring back the biff", well except for the OP, but calling that a "king hit" is nothing more than a witch hunt.