What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player strike

Front-Rower

First Grade
gee James Maloney and Cameron Smith I doubt anyone believes that the NRL don't give the players a fair go. Furthermore, if James thinks the world revolves the NRL players only no one will back your crying.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I don't know about anyone else, but i spend over $100 each month to foxtel mainly to watch guys like Maloney and Smith do their thing. I don't think it's unfair for them to ask for their fair share.

Front-Rower

First Grade

Channel 7 Sydney news tonight. Maloney was umming and ahhhing his way through a pretty ordinary attempt to win the sympathy vote that the players "deserve" 27% of all revenue the NRL generates. He alluded that him and his mates are the only reason Rugby League made any money.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I don't know about anyone else, but i spend over $100 each month to foxtel mainly to watch guys like Maloney and Smith do their thing. I don't think it's unfair for them to ask for their fair share.

27% of revenue? I don't know about anyone else but I spend my $70 a mont on Fox to watch the Wests Tigers play every week.

Front-Rower

First Grade
So you'd pay $70 each week to look at a wests tigers logo each week?.

What? I watch my team play. Still didn't answer my question, are you happy that the players are asking for 27% of total revenue? That only leaves 73% of all revenue to operate with.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Channel 7 Sydney news tonight. Maloney was umming and ahhhing his way through a pretty ordinary attempt to win the sympathy vote that the players "deserve" 27% of all revenue the NRL generates. He alluded that him and his mates are the only reason Rugby League made any money.

Premier league clubs receive 95% of tv money raises. The majority goes to players and transfer fees

The NBA guarantees that at least 50% of money raised through the tv deals goes to the players.

Nfl is 47-48%

27% is not unfair

DiegoNT

First Grade
What? I watch my team play. Still didn't answer my question, are you happy that the players are asking for 27% of total revenue? That only leaves 73% of all revenue to operate with.
Yes.
Compared to other sports, our players are being quite reasonable

ed-grimley

Bench
Some players do quite well, i.e. the top players. However there would be players at the bottom of the RL food chain who wouldn't make enough to live a decent life in Sydney, for instance, and be able to set themselves up for life after football.
They can't help if the game can't generate enough money.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Premier league clubs receive 95% of tv money raises. The majority goes to players and transfer fees

The NBA guarantees that at least 50% of money raised through the tv deals goes to the players.

Nfl is 47-48%

27% is not unfair

What are their revenues compared to the NRL?

Front-Rower

First Grade

Nfl is 47-48%

27% is not unfair

The Premier League is not a good comparison as the Corporate structure is basically independent from the FA with each club being a shareholder in Premier League.

In other words, Premier League do not have to run the entire Football operations in England as their primary objective, just the Premier League. The FA have control over all other competitions however and generate revenue through TV deals for their "lower" grades, FA cup and international fixtures.

The NRL however is still run under the watch of the ARLC whose primary objective is to administer and operate rugby league at all levels.

The NBA and NFL have massive global attraction and operate in a local populous of over 300 Million people. And even then you are only talking about TV revenue, so what % of the pie does that actually make up of the total revenue stream for these two organisations?

DiegoNT

First Grade
The Premier League is not a good comparison as the Corporate structure is basically independent from the FA with each club being a shareholder in Premier League.

In other words, Premier League do not have to run the entire Football operations in England as their primary objective, just the Premier League. The FA have control over all other competitions however and generate revenue through TV deals for their "lower" grades, FA cup and international fixtures.

The NRL however is still run under the watch of the ARLC whose primary objective is to administer and operate rugby league at all levels.

The NBA and NFL have massive global attraction and operate in a local populous of over 300 Million people. And even then you are only talking about TV revenue, so what % of the pie does that actually make up of the total revenue stream for these two organisations?

So what if the players and clubs branch off and do their own thing and make their own premier league.

How will the arlc make money without the players and the clubs? It'll be a lot less then the 73% they will still get left over if they come to an agreement with the players.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
It doesn't matter, the players get what they consider a fair cut

Lol

It doesn't matter? Of course it bloody matters.

Scales of economy mate.

And does it include revenue from merchandising?

Not sure what you think the NRL make from merchandising, but I think its a little less than EPL, NFL and NBA lol

Latest posts