What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

Matchball

Bench
Who says Benji or the board have done any of this stuff. It gets to me that you guys jump on the anti-Benji BS at any opportunity without any BS detector.

It is the DT. They hate Benji. Did any of you watch the game or have any of you listened to what Benji and Potter have said. FFS you are all just listening to gossip and swallowing it hook, line and sinker.

Who says the DT hates Benji? Lets just throw another rumor in for good measure. :roll:
First paragraph you condemn rumors and the second paragraph you throw one in yourself.

Idiot of the highest order.

Tiger05

First Grade
Who says the DT hates Benji? Lets just throw another rumor in for good measure. :roll:
First paragraph you condemn rumors and the second paragraph you throw one in yourself.

Idiot of the highest order.

I really don't get the attitude here at all. Benji writes for the Herald.

Why do you immediately believe this BS ? Why do you appear to be constantly giving Benji a hiding despite the fact that the guy has always been loyal to the Tigers and has been a great player for us ? Benji always talks well, he busts his gut out there and has given us so many positive moments throughout his career.

Yes Benji has had an average year this year and last year but he is adapting to losing some of his zip and appears to be turning the corner. He led us last week to a win and was great again last night.

Keep grinding your agenda. Keep believing in every story that supports your viewpoint. Keep complaining even though the club is starting to perform to a much higher level. Just whatever you do don't go and start trying to view the situation rationally and try and filter through the BS that you hear. That would all be too much work.

Matchball

Bench
I didn't take much notice of the Benji part of the story tbh. It was the board being divisive that is the intriguing part.
If we can't get together at the top, the rest doesnt matter because everything rests on the board.

Are you naive to believe that players don't side with certain board factions?
It's once again self preservation time for a few, including Benji. His livelyhood is under threat.

Lets just see how it plays out. Calm down Tiger

BrotherJim05

Bench
Im so f**king sick of these rumours. They are tearing apart our club. Our board must be the biggest bunch of donkeys who just react to whatever they hear within the media. If Potter is booted from the club without being able to at least see the end of his contract I'm cancelling my membership. Potter's attitude during these rough times has been that of a "no whinging" policy which I admire

There were 17 guys at Leichhardt last night united in one cause that didn't appear to be divided by factions with in .

Oh, really, you couldnt visibly see any division or factions during the 90 minutes of the game...
Wow...they mustnt exist then if we didnt see them on the field...:crazy:

Matchball

Bench
I thought we couldn't afford to pay out Sheens let alone another coach.
Potter isn't on big money but if things are tight, why make it more of a financial basketcase?
Now Humphreys is gone, the struggle for control is probably fierce.
The media wouldn't report it if it didn't have some truth to it.

Could Sheens be poisoning the team through his loyal sycophants? He had a lot of support, the Balmain side of the board, Harry T and of course his petulant lap dog.
We all knew and talked about Potter walking into a shit culture so it shouldn't be a surprise if people want to oust him.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Potter has finally given us a defensive structure.

We'd have to go back to the Wayne Pearce days as coach to recall the last time that happened.

Those alternative options to Potter are f**king dopey.

Potter is the man for the gig, if they want to get rid of him, then I will not accept any other coach except for Steve Folkes.

Matchball

Bench
Dickhead if you actually go to a game you might actually witness 17 guys putting in for each other!

They might put in for each other for 80 mins but what about outside that?
Even states in the telegraph piece that they communicate just for teams sake.
Can't be friends with everyone.

I work with people I despise, it's a normal in every work place but be professional and do the job. Once I leave work, I don't deal or socialize with them.
By saying all is good because we are starting gel doesn't mean all is well.

Cool down. Calling people dickheads because they have a different point of view doesn't add weight to your point of view.

Dont get yourself in a huff and puff over factions when they are always going to be there between Balmain and West Board members not so much WT players,thats all I saying.

R2Coupe

Juniors
The fact Potter has given the young players a go is outstanding. The fact these players are producing in the NRL only reinforces the fact the WTs' future is through its junior development programme.

By 2030, the State Govt predicts another 500,000 people will live in the Campbelltown and Macarthur district. The Board needs at least to back Potter and continue what has been successful in terms of junior development in SW Sydney and also the successful Balmain juniors.

super_coach

First Grade
Potter is a breath of fresh air, I dont care if we only win a few more games this season, what I like is we finally have a team playing for 80 and playing real football. Benji and the board can go and jump if they want to white ant Potter

TYGA

Juniors
Potter is not the long term option just the cheap short term one. I hope he does well but you generally ge what you pay for.