What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**Prediction** Hayne will return to the Eels and win a premiership

Thank you hayne

• Thank you

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • God bless you

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Swiftstylez

Bench
I didn't know that League Unlimited required scholarly sources :) I can give you the references from own essays I have written if you want, but I hardly see the point when there is a reference list at the bottom of that wikipedia page.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think there's obviously a liberal bias in academia (an area where self-interest supports a desire for bigger government) but quoting wikipedia? FFS

I think that very much depends on the school of academia tbh. No doubt science for example is quite liberal....it's hard not to be when your entire paradigm is essentially about progress

On the flipside I'd say history or law are often quite conservative

Swiftstylez

Bench
Teaching in general is overwhelmingly left perhaps even far left, so what ideas do you think students are allowed to hear and hold?

Lets stop the off topic discussion and return to the greatness of Hayne.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think that very much depends on the school of academia tbh. No doubt science for example is quite liberal....it's hard not to be when your entire paradigm is essentially about progress
But should it be about progress? Discovering stuff that has always existed is different from technological development, which is the remit of the military and private sector rather than universities.

Bazal

Post Whore
But should it be about progress? Discovering stuff that has always existed is different from technological development, which is the remit of the military and private sector rather than universities.

Of course it should. The progression of knowledge is still progress. Maybe the most important kind

Bazal

Post Whore
Teaching in general is overwhelmingly left perhaps even far left, so what ideas do you think students are allowed to hear and hold?

Lets stop the off topic discussion and return to the greatness of Hayne.

My brother has a PhD in some kind of rock bullshit that quite frankly bores me to tears but whatever. He's hardcore conservative....Corey Bernardi fan level conservative. I've got a marine biology degree and I'd say I'm at worst slightly left of centre, and that's just because apparently being a fan of not harming refugees and thinking everyone should be able to get married is apparently a leftist trait....but I despise the greens so I'm hardly a lefty...

Not everyone conforms to your ideas of the world mate

Swiftstylez

Bench
Wow you are a fallicious little pest. It has nothing to do with students holding degrees I did not mention that even once. Of course students vote differently have a look at the college educated who voted Trump. Your examples are hilarious, just because someone teaches you something doesnt mean you have to accept but it doesnt mean they aren't taught it.

Wake up to yourself. No one cares about your political persuasion or your credentials. All I care about is the hard peer reviewed evidence that academia is full of militant leftists. Also you have no idea what I think I could be further left than you but care about bias. This is not about students though impressionable ones like you that love fallacies like appealing to authority are an issue.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Wow you are a fallicious little pest. It has nothing to do with students holding degrees I did not mention that even once. Of course students vote differently have a look at the college educated who voted Trump. Your examples are hilarious, just because someone teaches you something doesnt mean you have to accept but it doesnt mean they aren't taught it.

Wake up to yourself. No one cares about your political persuasion or your credentials. All I care about is the hard peer reviewed evidence that academia is full of militant leftists. Also you have no idea what I think I could be further left than you but care about bias. This is not about students.

Haha what? Are you all there? What has that little eruption of petulance got to do with what I was talking about?

I'm simply saying that there are exceptions in every case and that universities are far from the leftist brainwashing centres you are implying they are. The generational issues involved in modern politics are far more telling than anything that happens at university.

Also I think you'll find the word you were searching for was "fallacious"

Swiftstylez

Bench
I typed that in about one minute without even looking, but I probably did mean that. Trolls are into that. Bazal is a bad troll though he is too obvious.

If everyone could get back on topic now and stop derailing my thread

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course it should. The progression of knowledge is still progress. Maybe the most important kind
The progression of knowledge isn't a liberal trait though. You're conflating it with progressive politics, which is about forcing change regardless of unintended consequences.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Don't bother Mr Escobar. People believe in whatever they want and there is no point in arguing it. Just do what feels good man, "lighten up a bit"

Also can everyone stop ruining my thread this was meant to be a positive space

Bazal

Post Whore
The progression of knowledge isn't a liberal trait though. You're conflating it with progressive politics, which is about forcing change regardless of unintended consequences.

Not at all. I'm suggesting that the two mindsets are often linked, whether that's a good thing or not.

But as I said further up the page, generational issues are a much bigger driving force in a person's political ideology than anything that happens at university, regardless of what Swifty believes happens there.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Who is trying to compare generational issues and university bias except you?

They are both issues of themselves.

Stop derailing my thread

Swiftstylez

Bench
ATTENTION: This is a thread about Hayne. Please take your negativity elsewhere. This is my safe space.

Last edited: