What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**Prediction** Hayne will return to the Eels and win a premiership

Thank you hayne

• Thank you

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • God bless you

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
ATTENTION: This is a thread about Hayne. Please take your negativity elsewhere. This is my safe space.

Everything is horrible, yeah, really really really terrible
I'm really depressed, I'm really downtrodden
I'm downtrodden square, uh-huh
The whole world is doomed, yeah. We're all gonna die.
Twenty-five thousand four hundred and seventy-two people die every single minute, uh-huh oh yeah
Seventeen hundred and fifty people just died
Cancer, death, AIDS, inflation, taxes, George Bush
Hell, Satan, cancer of the face
Cancer of the colon
Cancer of the wrist
And John Denver on compact disc
Oh

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't bother Mr Escobar. People believe in whatever they want and there is no point in arguing it. Just do what feels good man, "lighten up a bit"

Also can everyone stop ruining my thread this was meant to be a positive space
I'm not interested in changing people's opinion, just reinforcing my own.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not at all. I'm suggesting that the two mindsets are often linked, whether that's a good thing or not.

But as I said further up the page, generational issues are a much bigger driving force in a person's political ideology than anything that happens at university, regardless of what Swifty believes happens there.
I probably agree. Uni students tend to share fashionable politics because they're all about the same age, with the same level of life experience. They're all still pretty much from the same political class as well. The ones who aren't are generally striving to identify with that class or they wouldn't be at uni. Most politics are about signalling.

Anyway, I used to be a rabid lefty - socially liberal, economically conservative. Then I realised economic liberalism was a superior system for providing opportunity so I trended that way. Now I'm a father with a lot to lose I feel myself shifting to social conservatism. We chase our self interest.

But just so I can feel superior, I am still against big government, even though the majority of my income is provided by the government. Big government might benefit me personally (as it does academics) but I don't believe it benefits society, even if it does in theory.

84 Baby

Referee
Everything is horrible, yeah, really really really terrible
I'm really depressed, I'm really downtrodden
I'm downtrodden square, uh-huh
The whole world is doomed, yeah. We're all gonna die.
Twenty-five thousand four hundred and seventy-two people die every single minute, uh-huh oh yeah
Seventeen hundred and fifty people just died
Cancer, death, AIDS, inflation, taxes, George Bush
Hell, Satan, cancer of the face
Cancer of the colon
Cancer of the wrist
And John Denver on compact disc
Oh
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the worlds been turning

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
How could anyone possibly derail this shit

You see if I was to merge this with the other Jarryd Hayne thread it would hijack both and the other thread would turn to shit.

If I leave this ideological crap in this thread then its only this thread that turns to crap and was obviously not a serious thread anyway.

Moderating 101.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
How could anyone possibly derail this shit

You see if I was to merge this with the other Jarryd Hayne thread it would hijack both and the other thread would turn to shit.

If I leave this ideological crap in this thread then its only this thread that turns to crap and was obviously not a serious thread anyway.

Moderating 101.
In Twiz we trust.

Latest posts