What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quade Cooper to join Roosters with $BW?

Thomas

First Grade
Some interesting tweets from other wallabies last night. Injured Wallaby Drew Mitchell said "So hard to bite my tongue right now"

Not sure if he's referring to Cooper or Deans.

I don't think one player is bigger than any game. He's played his hand. Unless other players back him up then he'll come across as a petulant brat which is more and more looking likely.

"I just wanna play wiff Sonny"

taste2taste

Juniors
Quade may not be the greatest defender, but he is no worse, than a lot of halves running around in the NRL. Josh Reynolds, not exactly great, Darren Lockyer early days at 5/8 was not great. I could list a few more. But like those two it's not through fear. He is big, strong, fast, great passing game, great on his feet. I don't know, too me it's a no brainer, he would be fantastic. He plays Union like a league player.

^^^Tru dat!

There seems to be a miss conception on these boards that no rugby union player could make the switch and be successful

Off the top of my head

Ray Price
Matt Ridge
Ricky Stuart
Michael O?Connor
Jonathan Davies
Ben Kennedy
Wally Lewis
Cooper Cronk
Jared Waera Hardgreaves
Craig Wing
And some bloke named Dally Messenger all started off playing union

There are plenty of players in rugby, including Quade, who would be successful in the NRL.

Ron Swanson

Juniors
Some interesting tweets from other wallabies last night. Injured Wallaby Drew Mitchell said "So hard to bite my tongue right now"

Not sure if he's referring to Cooper or Deans.

:lol: Obviously he's referring to Deans. How is that even slightly a mystery?

Quade is 100% correct and every Australian player knows it. No one is coming forward because they don't want to lose their job.

some11

Referee
If he really wants to make the switch then hurry the f**k up and quit the innuendo.

It's like some miserable old fart complaining about his shit job but staying there forever.

t-ba

Post Whore
He's clearly poison. I'm not quite sure why the Roosters would want another member of team Khoder in their midst.

All talent debates aside (Rocks and Diamonds in my limited viewing of him), why would you want another potentially destabilising influence in your clubs midst when you've got a guy like SBW who you need to manage?

chrisD

Coach
A lot of the destabilisation may be due to the frustration that comes with him really being more suited to league and stuck in kickby.

Ron Swanson

Juniors
If he really wants to make the switch then hurry the f**k up and quit the innuendo.

It's like some miserable old fart complaining about his shit job but staying there forever.

He's not switching. He's already stated he's staying with the Reds. He just refuses to play for the Wallabies while Deans is there. Good on him.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Tell the truth Quade, it was the All Blacks and the NZ public who destroyed you last year at the RWC and you've been shit ever since:lol:

Is your mum still whinging to the papers about how her poor boy doesn't deserve the treatment he gets?

Grapple

Bench
It was only so long before a Kiwi coaching the Wallabies was going to backfire....ha ha. but yeah Quade is the biggest princess in the game and playing league will be a poor man's Benji at best.

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
It was only so long before a Kiwi coaching the Wallabies was going to backfire....ha ha. but yeah Quade is the biggest princess in the game and playing league will be a poor man's Benji at best. You reckon, he is bigger, faster, stronger,has a better passing game, actually has a good kicking game. You might be right, but I bet you would be wrong

Teddyboy

First Grade
Think the Roosters should sign Cooper/Hunt/Sonny Bill $$$ and that Tongan guy from GWS.

Mr Spock!

Referee
It was only so long before a Kiwi coaching the Wallabies was going to backfire....ha ha. but yeah Quade is the biggest princess in the game and playing league will be a poor man's Benji at best.

From what he's dished up this year, more like a poor man's Chris Sandow.

Parra might take him?

Leaguefan22

Juniors
Cooper will end up in Japan. He's done his dash with the Wallabies and no club in the NRL that would want him seems to be able to afford him.

Latest posts