What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2 | Cowboys 14-16 Knights @ 1300SMILES | Sat 9.00pm (AEDT)

Joker's Wild

Coach
Another case of the Cowboys bleating in the press and you can almost hear the MRC winding up the charges 20%

If Scott gets anything its a joke but House probably deserves a week at least, it was silly and dangerous

Snowy shouldn't even charged

Rod

Bench
Like I said after the game, the only thing out of that match worthy of a charge is Houston tipping up JT.

Snowden did absolutely nothing wrong, if we start charging that tackle that would be seriously disturbing for the game. Thankfully the refs didn't even blow a penalty and I doubt there will actually be a charge. I even heard Badger tell JT 'just because there's an injury doesn't automatically mean it was foul play' which was music to my ears.

Scott hit JT late, but it wasn't that bad. It was worthy of a penalty but the referees missed it so play on I guess. Not worthy of a suspension. Of all the people talking about this yesterday Fittler actually made the most sense of anyone. If you take the ball to the line, you have to be prepared to take a hit. For someone who makes a living off of his dummy JT of all people should realise that.

Tom155

Coach
Another case of the Cowboys bleating in the press and you can almost hear the MRC winding up the charges 20%

If Scott gets anything its a joke but House probably deserves a week at least, it was silly and dangerous

Snowy shouldn't even charged
C'mon you know Scott's going to get screwed over with some ridiculous charge

Houston should be the only one to get anything

Last edited:

knightsarmy

Juniors
we are going to get smashed at the smashed over these charges ,too much bad press not to have anything come our way :(

Shame no ones talking about the game itself

voltron

Juniors
the MRC really has it in for the knights.
I think they think we are a safe bet to punish. important enough but not at the top teams that its too big a deal.

I'm more scared about the late hit on Thurston.
there is no "wrapping movement by the arms" which means they might say its a shoulder charge.
but i suppose they could fight it saying the arm wasnt cocked, so it does not fit the definition of a shoulder charge.

but scott being charged for the dumping tackle would be a farce.
if only one person for charged for the McKinnon tackle, then only one should be charged.
and by all means charge the crap out of Houston, and make him the scapegoat for the entire incident

Noname36

First Grade
They said Scott has nothing to answer for in regards to the tackle where Houston lifted the legs. If he cops time it'll be for the late shot only.

Best case scenario for us is if they just throw the book at Houston but I think Scott will get some time due to the media attention it's all gotten. It'd be nice if they could find something they could pin on Gidley too lol.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
No suspension for Scott or any other Knights in the game. Just revealed by Brett Keeble on Twitter!!! That is so freaking funny considering the pee in my pants furore the Cows and media are causing!!
Good to see. and fair in my opinion, watching the game live I didn't think Houso's leg lift really counted as a lifting tackle, his hands weren't between his legs etc etc.

Anyway who cares, they are off we are two from two!! Stone will make the decision on Houso at the right time. Maybe Tapine isn't ready yet for first, maybe didn't put in enough effort in pre season, certainly looked flat in first game. Stone may be just waiting for Tariq to be back and then he'll move House back then.

Tom155

Coach
Scott was charged with dangerous contact but won't miss a game with an guilty plea

No one else was charged

Noname36

First Grade
Not surprised our blokes weren't charged considering it was nothing but whinging coming from up north. Saying that though I still wish Houston was. He's gotta go regardless and I don't have faith in Stone to drop him.

voltron

Juniors
I enjoyed the game, because we made them play on our level
We played a style that frustrated them, and was gritty.
yay no weeks for any of our players
but that charge against scott is annoying, because it'll mean that he's on edge now, any charge that comes will automatically mean he will miss a week

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
the MRC really has it in for the knights.
I think they think we are a safe bet to punish. important enough but not at the top teams that its too big a deal.

I'm more scared about the late hit on Thurston.
there is no "wrapping movement by the arms" which means they might say its a shoulder charge.
but i suppose they could fight it saying the arm wasnt cocked, so it does not fit the definition of a shoulder charge.

but scott being charged for the dumping tackle would be a farce.
if only one person for charged for the McKinnon tackle, then only one should be charged.
and by all means charge the crap out of Houston, and make him the scapegoat for the entire incident

:lol::lol::lol:

Alex28

Coach
I for one am glad they hammered the Cowboys - the hard and tough Knights have been missing for a fair while. If Thurston doesn't want to get smashed then play the game differently - you can't get the praise for having the guts to take it to the line and expect to be a protected player...

Let's see more of it!

Apey

Staff member
The tears over Scott/Houston escaping suspensions is beautiful :lol:

First few lines

THE NRL has declared open season on playmakers. Newcastle’s plan to bash Johnathan Thurston out of the game was endorsed by league officials who failed to suspend any of the Knights players who illegally targeted the star half.
Thurston was left with a swollen black eye, but it’s an even bigger black eye for a game that thumps its chest about player safety but goes weak when faced with thuggery.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...hnathan-thurston/story-fniabjcr-1227265025281

Tom155

Coach
Still complaining about Thurston falling into smith's knee trying to make it sound like it was deliberate, absolute pathetic joke of an article however not surprising when you read some of the garbage that gets printed in the CM.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I usually let things slide but when someone on the couriermail Facebook story posted something about our tackles while wearing our RISEFORALEX jerseys I had to speak up.