What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Burgess boys rumoured to have interested several super league clubs I don't know whether or not that includes Sam. I personally believe they're too young to retire.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We must keep Sam!!!!!

I agree Sam has been our best performer all year. I think next year he should be looking at a move to prop to strengthen up that area though. We have a back row combination of fui, Murray and Crichton coming through the ranks and there's no need to prevent that when Sam is the best on the park at any position he plays!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree Sam has been our best performer all year. I think next year he should be looking at a move to prop to strengthen up that area though. We have a back row combination of fui, Murray and Crichton coming through the ranks and there's no need to prevent that when Sam is the best on the park at any position he plays!
I'd prefer Sam starting at lock.

I'd play Murray off the bench.

If you look at Murray's stats he is a tackle machine who makes 40 tackles a game and around 10 hit ups for 80m. He's already better than Turner.

I wouldn't be giving Murray more than 30mins off the bench at this point though.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'd prefer Sam starting at lock.

I'd play Murray off the bench.

If you look at Murray's stats he is a tackle machine who makes 40 tackles a game and around 10 hit ups for 80m. He's already better than Turner.

I wouldn't be giving Murray more than 30mins off the bench at this point though.

If we don't get a first grade prop then I'd reccomend moving Sam to prop to strengthen the position up.

alien

Referee
Burgess boys rumoured to have interested several super league clubs I don't know whether or not that includes Sam. I personally believe they're too young to retire.
Well hopefully Sam stays here. I'm fine with the twins going elsewhere, as long as we aren't paying them anything to play elsewhere, and as long as we replace them with better players.

Is Brown coming off contract with Parra at the end of this season???

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well hopefully Sam stays here. I'm fine with the twins going elsewhere, as long as we aren't paying them anything to play elsewhere, and as long as we replace them with better players.

Can't see Parra letting Brown go.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Yeah we need Sam. He is one of the best forwards in the game and the fact that he can play 80 minutes at prop just makes him even more rare! I wish we could get brown back but personally I don't see it happening :( we need to go for someone that's quality but isn't gonna have a ridiculous high asking price.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Yes, sam is a great player, and yes it would suck if he left.

But if we get into this mindset that he is irreplaceable or that we must keep sam at all costs then we are in deep trouble.

The saying 'no player is bigger than the team' must apply.

It may sound crazy to let sam go, but if he stays it must be on the club's terms and not Sam's.

Lose the Burgii in one go and you could probably bring in 4 decent middle forwards in one go. Chuck in Musgrove with those 4 the suddenly it's hard for so called 'duds' to be playing 1st grade.

I'd prefer to keep sam.
But if losing sam was the costs of cutting the twins free then i wouldn't have a problem with that

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yes, sam is a great player, and yes it would suck if he left.

But if we get into this mindset that he is irreplaceable or that we must keep sam at all costs then we are in deep trouble.

The saying 'no player is bigger than the team' must apply.

It may sound crazy to let sam go, but if he stays it must be on the club's terms and not Sam's.

Lose the Burgii in one go and you could probably bring in 4 decent middle forwards in one go. Chuck in Musgrove with those 4 the suddenly it's hard for so called 'duds' to be playing 1st grade.

I'd prefer to keep sam.
But if losing sam was the costs of cutting the twins free then i wouldn't have a problem with that

But that's the thing though at 800k Sam is irreplaceable. You don't get another player as good as Sam for 800k especially with the crazy prices people are asking for these days.