What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
A bit disappointing about Papalii if that is true but the thing is, I don't think we are going to 100% know until a few months anyway because nothing will be announced until after the Origin period.

southsport

First Grade
I still reckon Ah Ma’u would be a good option.. very tough

Can’t see Tapau leaving Manly.. they will move on Walker and another before they let him go
Agree Ah Ma'u would be good.

Just on Taupau I was thinking that maybe manly may have to let him go and that they would be paying a large chunk of his contract.

Last edited:

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Here's my opinion on rumours,all are based on a thread of hope that the originator of the rumour might just fluke the truth and come out looking like top scoop.
Our journos and ex players on TV rarely get anything right and are usually on the take anyway from player managers to push up a players price through bullshit.
So myself pay no attention to any rumours and nothing is set in concrete until I see the players running out on the field for game 1 of the season.
IMO the NRL should move to the draft system,this would f**k up the greedy player managers and players who have an over exaggeration of their worth!
The value that great club men as Sutto and Clarky give to a team should be rewarded not the foreign legion of cut throat mercenaries that are available to the highest bidder!

Here's my opinion on rumours,all are based on a thread of hope that the originator of the rumour might just fluke the truth and come out looking like top scoop.
Our journos and ex players on TV rarely get anything right and are usually on the take anyway from player managers to push up a players price through bullshit.
So myself pay no attention to any rumours and nothing is set in concrete until I see the players running out on the field for game 1 of the season.
IMO the NRL should move to the draft system,this would f**k up the greedy player managers and players who have an over exaggeration of their worth!
The value that great club men as Sutto and Clarky give to a team should be rewarded not the foreign legion of cut throat mercenaries that are available to the highest bidder!

A draft would never work in the NRL with its current format and to say that you want a draft and then in the same breath say that great club men should be rewarded shows that you don't really have much of an idea on how a draft works.

The only way a draft works is if junior rugby league and senior rugby league are disconnected and junior rugby league is big enough to fend for itself. Neither of those prerequisites are going to occur here any time soon.

College football and basketball in the states (where a draft works) are both completely self sufficient multi million dollar businesses. The collegiate systems in both the NFL and NBA have no affiliation with professional clubs as such and so the best talent that comes through the college system can easily go to those who have the highest picks.

In Australia, the NRL teams are generally affiliated with Junior areas and generally have to stump up some money for the Junior teams. It would be unfair to nurse a talented player all through your junior system and then have zero opportunity of picking that player up in the draft.

Same could be said for great club men. If they went into a draft every time their contract came up for renewal there is zero chance that they would stay with one club for an entire career.

So yeah, I wish it were different. I wish the Junior system had enough money in it to not need a leg up from the NRL clubs but it doesn't and probably never will. If the junior system can't stand alone then a draft is not viable.

Travitoh

First Grade

With a draft system, odds are that both Sutton and Clark would be elsewhere and only encourages players to be mercenaries as they'd most likely have less of a connection to a club and it's community.

Sport is a profession now and the players have every right to try and maximise their earnings just like you and I. It's up to the clubs to pay the right amount for their employees in order to be successful.

Last edited:

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Question.

If you don't believe anything until it's set in concrete, what are you basing your "journos/ex-players are on the take" idea off?

handyman2190

Bench
Question.

If you don't believe anything until it's set in concrete, what are you basing your "journos/ex-players are on the take" idea off?
Will u leave it alone? Why question everyone? I dont get it do u enjoy fluffing others? Go to the roosters forum and goad them for crying out loud.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Will u leave it alone? Why question everyone? I dont get it do u enjoy fluffing others? Go to the roosters forum and goad them for crying out loud.
:sob::sob::sob::sob:

I'm genuinely interested, so I ask questions. That's how people learn things (assuming the person can give a logical explanation and isn't talking out their ass)

The only reason you're getting upset is that you can never answer them without embarrassing yourself.

Grow up mate.

It's a forum for discussion.

Why post something if you're too insecure to actually discuss it?

Travitoh

First Grade
Has nobody noticed yet that those constantly questioned by Toad are the ones who bite instead of just answering?

It's kind of amusing to watch from the outside.

southsport

First Grade
Has nobody noticed yet that those constantly questioned by Toad are the ones who bite instead of just answering?

It's kind of amusing to watch from the outside.
Toad constantly derails any meaningful discussion, he definitely has issues that he should deal with somewhere else.